[Vague Title] The Angel of Death

cage

44 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Why is there a constant need to generate nicknames for the Bills.

The best nicknames pop up organically, this never ending lets give someone a manufactured nickname rarely works and/or is effective.

We’re gonna call you “Bummer”

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Winter Soldier is a much better nickname for him than Angel of Death. 

Although it would be pretty funny if the stadium started playing some Slayer every time Josh has a big play. 

Pro Football Reference lists Allen's nickname as "General". I like "Winter Soldier" better, though.

Mitchell Trubisky is apparently nicknamed "Mr. Biscuit".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Josh Allen has to bail Daboll out but he should be fine with Justin *****in Fields? At least one part of this take is pretty terrible.

If Daboll did not have Josh Allen to bail him out he would not put those plays in which almost no other QB could make when entire offense is in sync.

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree, but nicknames are created by someone. They don't just appear out of thin air.

Like Ron "Riverboat" Rivera and Bill "Cheater" Belichick. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Winter Soldier is a much better nickname for him than Angel of Death. 

Although it would be pretty funny if the stadium started playing some Slayer every time Josh has a big play. 

Would freaking love that

SLAYER !!

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Pro Football Reference lists Allen's nickname as "General". I like "Winter Soldier" better, though.

Mitchell Trubisky is apparently nicknamed "Mr. Biscuit".

Mr biscuit lol, thats terrible

22 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

While Angel of Death is an awesome song from Slayer, I don’t think it fits Allen.

Change a few things to football terms and it would be pretty awesome

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

While Angel of Death is an awesome song from Slayer, I don’t think it fits Allen.

It fit some people during a certain war, a long time ago, and should NEVER be used for the leader of our football team. IMO. 

I think nicknames are generally lame, but that one goes beyond lame to insensitive and offensive. I realize that might not be so obvious to younger people, but every day is a chance to learn something. 

Please google “Angel of Death”, then decide for yourself if that’s a good suggestion. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It fit some people during a certain war, a long time ago, and should NEVER be used for the leader of our football team. IMO. 

I think nicknames are generally lame, but that one goes beyond lame to insensitive and offensive. I realize that might not be so obvious to younger people, but every day is a chance to learn something. 

Please google “Angel of Death”, then decide for yourself if that’s a good suggestion. 

I’m a bit surprised that folks aren’t aware that the nickname “Angel of death” already belongs to Josef Mengele, and no one should touch it with a ten foot pole. Even linking to the slayer song about the guy…. It’s not like the lyrics are fantasy; the first word is Auschwitz….

😬. Yikes folks. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If Daboll did not have Josh Allen to bail him out he would not put those plays in which almost no other QB could make when entire offense is in sync.

Like Ron "Riverboat" Rivera and Bill "Cheater" Belichick. 

Riverboat Ron is one of the best nicknames in the history of coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.