Anyone think the Steelers can beat KC?

bills6969

19 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m thinking Big Ben goes out like Marino.  Maybe not 62-7 but I think Chiefs stomp Steelers.  

That’s funny you mention that !   I Was at that game as a season club ticket holder with the jags!  My seats were 8 rows behind the dolphins bench!  Marino was horrible that game and Jimmy Johnson pulled him in the 4 th quarter !  I was an original season ticket holder’ and you had to sign a contract that required paying a year before the jags started playing. There were these construction , young guys , missing some front teeth, who were also original season ticket holders who sat next to me. I don’t know for sure but I would bet they started drinking the day before and continued thru the game. They would scream obscenities for the entire game at whomever the visiting team was.  I am not exaggerating. Non stop obscenities as loud as they could.  They rode Danny boy mercilessly the entire game along with Jimmy Johnson!  So at least I can say I saw Marino’s last game live , and it was terrible.   But seeing Johnson getting creamed was glorious as I had gone to SB 27 & 28 as the cowboys beat us both times.  

Honestly it got to these guys screaming all game long being one reason I gave up my tickets after several years ( plus it was interfering with watching the Bills, price was going up and I had two tickets at 250$ a game not including parking ,  beverages being brought to your seat etc as the original contract promised, plus you had to sign for 3 years minimum , no one year deals at that time )  !   Once on a Monday night football game against the Steelers , I took my dad who was in his la 60”s , had been a coal miner and but also civil engineer so it was his first pro football game The guy next to us Was hauled out in handcuffs for fighting with a Steelers fan. His girlfriend had come to the game in a bikini ( the stadium sits next to the river and it gets pretty chilly there at night. ) so the Monday night cameras were handheld and we’re focusing on her a few times!   Haha!   ( never thought of this before but maybe I should research YouTube to see if that Monday night game might be on there.!  Esp with the bikini clad chick next to us maybe my dad and i  were shown !  He passed in 2002 so that would be surreal if somehow we made it on with the bikini!).  

My dad asked me “ so how much are you paying for this ?”   My final game was after the music city miracle happened as I watched the Bills lose 16 seconds before coming to Jax the following week! The titans came down and several season ticket holders sold their seats to Titan fans.  I had a bunch of blue and red wig wearing Titans fans sitting behind me.  So not only did I not get to see my Bills , but the Titans pounded the jags that day , went to the super bowl and lost to Warner and the Rams by a yard as the lb tackled the receiver a yard short. There is no doubt in my mind that Bills team would have beaten the jags with Ted Washington anchoring the d and Rob Johnson returning to Jacksonville!  Another reason I hate the Titans and the cowboys until the end of time.  But despite that negative , I got to see a Hof guy , who was a Kelly rival , perhaps the best pure passer ever , finish his career albeit with a terrible defeat !  I felt bad for Marino that day.  Just seemed sad as this icon was no longer capable of playing well.   I hope Ben has one great win and beats kc , and then the BILLS  end his career in Buffalo.   That would be a storybook finish I could really enjoy!    Thanks for mentioning the Marino game.    Brought back tons of memories for me.   That’s what’s great about NFL football !  

• Like (+1) 2

Any given Sunday ! I think there is always the possibility & i would love to see it . 

KC's D this year from anything i've heard isn't that good but i would love for the Bills to meet them in the play offs & beat them just so we wouldn't have to listen to the BS "Oh you didn't play KC & they would have beat you" if the Bills in fact get to that point in the play offs .

1 at a time Pats first then Pat Mahomes & the Chiefs later .

GO BILLS !!! 

I know if Pitt wins then the Bills get another home game which is good. If its the Bengals with Burrow and all of those weapons I am not so sure that would be an easier game than facing KC. Getting the Raiders at home would be a tough as well but not as tough as the Bengals IMHO. With that said I hope the Steelers can pull off the upset so the Bills (assuming they beat NE) can play the Bengals-Raiders winner in OP. In reality if the Bills win I expect them to be at Arrowhead next week.

• Agree 1

On the flipside of this equation, assuming the Steelers do lose it might be in the Bills best interest for the Chiefs to flex their muscles in this game so to speak and get overconfident heading into next week against the Bills if they advance.

Because in some ways I think the Bills went into the AFCG last year as the overconfident team especially with Mahomes getting hurt against the Browns the prior week and them barely hanging on to advance. And despite the building and early 9-0 lead it was all Chiefs from there on out.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.