Anyone think the Steelers can beat KC?

bills6969

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Here's why I think the Steelers have at least a puncher's chance:

1 - KC O just isn't what it used to be (although Pitt D isn't either)

2 - KC D is average at best (8th in PA but 27th in YA); they give up 4.8 yds/rush which is 2nd worst in the league, and 5.9 yards/play (also 2nd worst).

3 - Steelers are a veteran team with a coach who seems to know how to push the right buttons

4 - TJ Watt

Now, do I think the Steelers will win?  No.  But it would not "shock" me if they did, and I don't expect a KC blowout.  I think Pitt can dink and dunk down the field on this D using short passes and Harris runs; the key is stopping KC enough to keep it close.

Not betting the game.

It would also help if Ben could turn back the clock for one day and play a game like he did 5-10 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

It is possible if TJ Watt takes over the game and constantly is disrupting the KC offense and the Steelers get a lucky turnover or two on top of a better than expected game from a player or two on offense. That's a lot to go right on one side of the ledger but it isn't impossible. 

Just now, SF Bills Fan said:

It seems like every team has a shot to win this year but I would say the odds are extremely low.  Lloyd Christmas might think there is a chance, though. 

If this season has taught us anything, expect the unexpected.

And as pathetic as the Steelers have looked this year at time they have already beat some playoff teams including the Titans and Bills.

Do I think they will? No.

But can they, yes of course.

Mahomes is plenty capable of being erratic and doing dumb ****. The Steelers defense sucks, but so does the chiefs. If watt can force Mahomes into a few mistakes and the Steelers can capitalize, they can make it a game. 

41 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

(Disclaimer: this post does not imply that we have already beaten NE nor do I think it will be an easy game)

Our path to the Super Bowl sky rockets if the Steelers could somehow upset KC. I’m not liking our chances of going to KC and Tenn back 2 back weeks and winning.

the Steelers are playing with house money.  Big Ben is playing with some magic as he finishes his swan song season. TJ watt is a beast and is finally heathy again. Pitt got curb- stomped at KC a few weeks ago and it’s tough to beat the same team twice like that.  KC might be overlooking them.

With that said,  any hope Pitt can take down KC?

Its going to be really hard because of their limitations on offense.  They can’t really run the ball and Ben pushing the ball downfield looks downright painful.  Plus their WR’s are talented but seem to drop a lot of passes.  

If they are able to play the way they played the Bills in Week 1 then they have a chance.  They’ll need to force 3 turnovers and convert into touchdowns.  But I don’t see them belong able to keep KC around 20 points.  I also think it’s a challenge for Pittsburgh to score 20 points.   

Either Najee Harris has a career game or Ben just have to heave up passes and hope that his WR’s can make the circus catches they did in Buffalo. 

38 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Don't think the Steelers have the firepower to score with the Chiefs, but they could make Mahomes' life miserable for 60 minutes.

They may not need that much. 

Steeler D will limit KC. A terrorizing D,  ball control offense with Najee AND Ben proctecting the freight will give Pitt a legit shot.

I like them in this spot.

The team knows this is Big Ben's last ride, and they've been given a second chance.  

It's going to take the defense playing great, specifically TJ Watt terrorizing Mahomes, as well as Big Ben having a throwback game with Claypool, Johnson, Freiermuth and Harris all coming through for him. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.