Couple questions about those minicamps

Who started at LT and did he get most of the snaps, or did the Bills spend a lot of time looking at Peters, Gandy and Teague there?

How did they run the DT rotation and did they even bother with any down/distance work?

Thanx.....

Who started at LT and did he get most of the snaps, or did the Bills spend a lot of time looking at Peters, Gandy and Teague there?

How did they run the DT rotation and did they even bother with any down/distance work?

Thanx.....

327748[/snapback]

Gandy got the majority of the snaps at LT. Edwards was lined up next to Adams and MM specifically mentioned how well Edwards practiced. They did a lot of 3rd down work and blitz drills.

Gandy got the majority of the snaps at LT. Edwards was lined up next to Adams and MM specifically mentioned how well Edwards practiced. They did a lot of 3rd down work and blitz drills.

328227[/snapback]

Thanx Simon, these are the key questions as outside of the move from Bledsoe to JP (which I think will produce about the same production as we get the upside of JP being a credible athlete at QB and downside of him being a first time starter) these were the only changes to the team.

It makes sense that Gandy got most of the snaps at LT because outside of Teague moving there I have heard no suggestions which make sense for someone being able to do a credible job at LT (I still do not see entrusting protection of the QB blindside to a fellow who has never player tackle before who big problem last year was that despite extranary pass catching ability he could not block well enough for the TE job).

The departure of Phat Pat is the other player loss, but given that he was replaced on well over a third of plays at DT (a number no where near the explanation that he always came out on 3rd down) and given that as two options we have a 3ed round draft pick and a former DT starter, I am content we can make this work.

Thanx Simon, these are the key questions as outside of the move from Bledsoe to JP (which I think will produce about the same production as we get the upside of JP being a credible athlete at QB and downside of him being a first time starter) these were the only changes to the team.

It makes sense that Gandy got most of the snaps at LT because outside of Teague moving there I have heard no suggestions which make sense for someone being able to do a credible job at LT (I still do not see entrusting protection of the QB blindside to a fellow who has never player tackle before who big problem last year was that despite extranary pass catching ability he could not block well enough for the TE job).

The departure of Phat Pat is the other player loss, but given that he was replaced on well over a third of plays at DT (a number no where near the explanation that he always came out on 3rd down) and given that as two options we have a 3ed round draft pick and a former DT starter, I am content we can make this work.

328440[/snapback]

Gandy cannot be our starting LT on opening day. If he is, get ready for Holcomb :blink:

Gandy cannot be our starting LT on opening day.  If he is, get ready for Holcomb :blink:

328514[/snapback]

Or maybe we should watch Gandy play with a camp in Buffalo under his belt. Then decide...

Gandy cannot be our starting LT on opening day.  If he is, get ready for Holcomb :blink:

328514[/snapback]

You might even say, get ready for Matthews...

:)

Or maybe we should watch Gandy play with a camp in Buffalo under his belt. Then decide...

328529[/snapback]

Nah- because he lost a starting job with another team he must be defecitve merchandise. No need to see how he adapts to the system we're running, no need to discover if he was formerly playing through injuries he's overcome- the safest strategy is to cut him now so that we face no risk of disappointment at a later date.

328529[/snapback]

I'd like to see if Gandy can stay healthy for a whole season...he always seems to be nicked up. IMO, that's the biggest reason why the Bears cut him.