Broncos price tag could reach 4 billion

stuvian

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ralph is a forefather and thank God he had a soft spot for Buffalo in his heart

Ralph may have had a "soft spot" for Buffalo..........but it was actually the perfect fit for him as well........people who act like he did the area a favor keeping the team here take for granted how important his legacy was to him.   The Bills never moved because of his ego.   He not only made himself synonymous with a town and a team........but he lliterally unnecessarily pocketed tens of millions for years,  at the expense of the on field product and the fans,  ultimately just to fund a charity in his name alone........so he would never be forgotten.    

He wasn't a good enough owner to consistently field good teams either way so if he'd have gone thru the turmoil of moving elsewhere, he'd have surely disappointed the locals who had no connection to him and just been "that guy" who owned the team before the smart, young owner that bought it after him.    Basically like Art Modell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

He actually overpaid at the time by as much as $200 million!

Not really. If only one person/group can own it then there will always be some overpay as its a much wanted commodity.

Why would it ever go for exactly what its valued at if there's some nostalgia added to it.

The winning bidder is always going to overpay and it should be expected to the point where it shouldn't even be considered "overpaying". I even predicted this during the last go around.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Give it 50 more years, like with Ralph..........the Pegula kids might have an asset worth a trillion+ (or the equivalent in whatever currency is then).

In 50 years its going to be the NFFL  National Flag Football League good thing i will be too senile or too dead to notice

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, purple haze said:

I don’t know.  Once they build the new joint I can see that type of valuation jump if not more.  But with current building I’m not so sure.

Most of valuation is based on market size. Besides any new stadium will be owned by Erie County.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Most of valuation is based on market size. Besides any new stadium will be owned by Erie County.

But the ad dollars, concessions and tickets will be PS&E’s and raised prices should lead to more revenue in most areas.   I know I’ve heard stadiums spoken of when value of franchises were talked about.

20 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Ralph was a key figure in building the league. He was risking money when there was nothing and no hope for the league. You have to remember that Ralph and the other 7 owners were called the Foolish Club because nobody thought the AFL could succeed. Ralph even had to bail other clubs out when they ran out of money just to keep the league alive.

image.thumb.jpeg.d908f813a9ba4ad2c7ffce25eafd5686.jpeg
"Dad never told me Uncle Ralph saved his bacon with that loan!  Now this is all mine...minus what Gruden's trying to sue for."

17 hours ago, Augie said:

Can anyone name the biggest difference between Art Modell and Ralph? Anyone???

Ralph Wilson would make noise about leaving with the team; I sincerely doubt he would have.  Modell skulked out of town in the dead of night after saying he wasn't leaving.  Quite a few local newscasts from Cleveland still have footage on YouTube over that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.