Judge Canned

Purplebulldog

My theory on the patriot way is that it only worked in New England really under perfect conditions. It required pretty quick And immediate success, which the pats got due to Brady. 

i think players can withstand and tolerate that type of coaching and atmosphere when there is a track record of success and a strong vet presence. 

What these patriots assistants are figuring out is that that type of authoritarian coaching environment doesn’t work in a rebuilding situation. It’s an almost impossible culture to create from scratch. They can’t then adjust, because this is the only way they know. Or by the time they do try to adjust and change, it’s too late.  They have lost the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Judge did a hell of a job long term by accidentally tanking to get the giants two early first round picks lol paved the way for the next coach to have some success at least

This may just get him up on their Wall of Fame! It’s a fine legacy to leave behind! Well done!  Nothing like having a long term plan and taking one for the team and their fans! 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is another questionable move IMO but was done if anything to appease/attract a new GM.

Judge did as good as you can ask for on a roster that was ravaged by injury and another situation without a real viable starting caliber QB option.

Just goes to show how your fate in this league is directly tied to the QB position in pretty much 99 out of 100 of similar circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

This may just get him up on their Wall of Fame! It’s a fine legacy to leave behind! Well done!  Nothing like having a long term plan and taking one for the team and their fans! 

Haha I always wonder if the whole ‘let’s start an unproven qb we know is terrible to see what he’s got’ thing is intentional tanking or roster evaluation.  I’ve got a lot of nfc east fan friends I’d def have a soft spot for the giants if Daboll headed over there lol 

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Depends on who they hire as GM.  Maybe he and Brian Gaine or Joe Schoen could try to talk to Giants as a package.  Two guys who would work together to restore team.

Not too late to change but include more than just name of coach.

I wonder if the Bills would allow this?  If the Giants were to hire either one as GM creates an opening in Buffalo and a reshuffling of the deck.  Maybe then the one eho's still here gets a promotion instead so it became a lateral move.  Possible the Bills give permission to interview the two with the understanding it's an either/or situation until the Bills have time to reevaluate??

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This is another questionable move IMO but was done if anything to appease/attract a new GM.

Judge did as good as you can ask for on a roster that was ravaged by injury and another situation without a real viable starting caliber QB option.

Just goes to show how your fate in this league is directly tied to the QB position in pretty much 99 out of 100 of similar circumstances.

First part I def agree with…they probably would’ve kept him if they could find a gm that would work with him.  I think behind the scenes judge is an absolute sh*tshow though…he brings the whole ‘patriot way’ thing of being very much in no way a players coach but the team was not winning so he ended up just losing the locker room 

players talk and I’m sure they were gonna struggle big time trying to sign free agents.  Usually when a coach is on the hot seat players go to bat for them but a lot of the players supposedly wanted him gone.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I wonder if the Bills would allow this?  If the Giants were to hire either one as GM creates an opening in Buffalo and a reshuffling of the deck.  Maybe then the one eho's still here gets a promotion instead so it became a lateral move.  Possible the Bills give permission to interview the two with the understanding it's an either/or situation until the Bills have time to reevaluate??

You misunderstand me.  I am assuming Brian Gaine or Joe Schoen interviews (doubt they would interview both) and say as GM I will be looking at multiple OC candidates but if hired would be bringing in Bills' OC for interview for they believe they could work well with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I always wonder if the whole ‘let’s start an unproven qb we know is terrible to see what he’s got’ thing is intentional tanking or roster evaluation.  I’ve got a lot of nfc east fan friends I’d def have a soft spot for the giants if Daboll headed over there lol 

You need a better class of friends!  😋

I kid, I kid! It’s easy to dislike every team in that division, from where I sit. Probably my least favorite division, largely because I’m sick of hearing about the Cowboys because it’s usually just because they are the Cowboys. Snyder is a buffoon, the Eagles (I think) still have a jail in the stadium and anyone who plays in NEW JERSEY is NOT on my Christmas card list. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Random thought: if we traded for Daniel Jones, do we need to eat all his 2022 cap, or can part of it somehow stay with Giants?

If Schoen becomes GM and they decide to find new QB I'd be willing to send them 5th round for Jones provided that Mitch can't be retained what I expect and provided that it won't cost us much.

The idea would be try to replicate what was done in Buffalo.

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Random thought: if we traded for Daniel Jones, do we need to eat all his 2022 cap, or can part of it somehow stay with Giants?

If Schoen becomes GM and they decide to find new QB I'd be willing to send them 5th round for Jones provided that Mitch can't be retained what I expect and provided that it won't cost us much.

Signing bonus would stay with team and immediately impact their cap.  Contract his hard to change unless he is cut.

And I expect Giants to want more than a 5th.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Has any Belichek assistant gone on to be a successful HC? Seems like all of his former assistance get canned as HCs.

Belichick picks assistants who are good at their jobs. Not ones he thinks will make good HCs... and he's very good at knowing who is very good at a specific job. 

Edited by Malazan

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Alternate Headlines:

Judge Dismissed

Judge Benched

Judge Removed from Coaching

Giants pronounce Verdict on Judge

Who Judges the Judge? Giants' Owners

Judge Sentenced to Exile

Judge Impeached in New Jersey

Judge Found Unfit

Oyez! Oyez! Judge Loses Appeal to Giants

Judge Disbarred

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.