Shaq Lawson possibly returning to Buffalo

FireChans

7 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Obviously they are planning for a better scenario.

My point is that if this team is one and done (which I still think is a stronger possibility that some fans want to admit) than yes it's pointless to bring Lawson back to buffalo and not sure he would realistically be ready to play on Saturday after spending a few days with the team.

Did you wake up one morning and decide that you wanted to be the most insufferable Bills fan on the planet?

By the way, I agree with you on Lawson. I don't think he is good enough to be on our team. If they want to sign him to the practice squad for insurance, fine. By all means.

But the constant doom and gloom, crying about Allen's contract, crying about possibly being one and done in the playoffs, constantly talking down the best team we have had in decades... it sucks to read your posts, dude.

Can we have a break if the Bills win this Saturday? Can you agree to not crap all over the Bills and everything they do for a few days?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Did you wake up one morning and decide that you wanted to be the most insufferable Bills fan on the planet?

By the way, I agree with you on Lawson. I don't think he is good enough to be on our team. If they want to sign him to the practice squad for insurance, fine. By all means.

But the constant doom and gloom, crying about Allen's contract, crying about possibly being one and done in the playoffs, constantly talking down the best team we have had in decades... it sucks to read your posts, dude.

Can we have a break if the Bills win this Saturday? Can you agree to not crap all over the Bills and everything they do for a few days?

I think he may just be a troll, but I couldn’t agree more. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

It is unfair to lump Jordan Phillips in with Shaq.  Shaq may have mailed it in until his last year, but JP played on TWO prove it deals with the Bills, and produced a TON in his last year here. Shaq had a solid season but JP had 9.5 sacks. He then went to Arizona with a completely different defensive role and has battled injury since. Shaq has been traded 2x and cut. 

I would have rather had Lawson back than Phillips, honestly. Lawson at least played within the system. Phillips left his gap responsibilities to go chase the QB. He was a real liability for the defense. He did one thing and only one thing, and that was rush the QB, to the detriment of everything else. He got his sacks and a big contract, which is what he wanted.

He came on One Bills Live one time and Tasker asked him to explain to the audience the difference between 1 Tech and 3 Tech, just so those who didn't know could learn. Phillips had no clue. Tasker had to walk him through it and explain to the audience himself. It was one of the most painful things I've listened to. That told me basically what I needed to know. Phillips is a guy you tell to just go get the QB. He is not capable of much else.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hoping for this.

Got it.

Great move...just a plain smart move.

FWIW, he sets the edge well, and is good against the run.  He won’t get probably even 1 sack in the playoffs, but he may hold up well against the run, and we need that piece.  Way to go Beane.

Now let’s kick their cheating arses.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

FWIW, he sets the edge well, and is good against the run.  He won’t get probably even 1 sack in the playoffs, but he may hold up well against the run, and we need that piece.  Way to go Beane.

Now let’s kick their cheating arses.

Throw in too, Guns, that he is likely hungry and his teammates love him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Preach GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

He earned a contract, that team got rid of him in a trade, the team that traded for him waived him and they suck, need talent.  Could be scheme fit but also could be dedication to his craft.  I have not kept up with him too much but I cannot see him playing this week.

Edited by mattynh

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I would have rather had Lawson back than Phillips, honestly. Lawson at least played within the system. Phillips left his gap responsibilities to go chase the QB. He was a real liability for the defense. He did one thing and only one thing, and that was rush the QB, to the detriment of everything else. He got his sacks and a big contract, which is what he wanted.

He came on One Bills Live one time and Tasker asked him to explain to the audience the difference between 1 Tech and 3 Tech, just so those who didn't know could learn. Phillips had no clue. Tasker had to walk him through it and explain to the audience himself. It was one of the most painful things I've listened to. That told me basically what I needed to know. Phillips is a guy you tell to just go get the QB. He is not capable of much else.

I think that’s fair, but I don’t think Phillips mailed it in like Shaq did either. Yes he didn’t play disciplined and he wasn’t a perfect player. He also hasn’t been cut or traded twice since leaving. Shaq is a bigger problem.

Looking more and more that Massare floated this out after McD's presser yesterday as a "connect the dots" "reading tea leaves" kinda thing.

No sources, he's "unpinned" the big scoop off his Twitter (but hasn't deleted). This way if Lawson does sign he can look credible. FWIW, I've heard he has done this in the past, but don't follow him so I don't know.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

yep. It is why the Bills didn't pay him big money. Too much of a freelancer for our scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaq or Jordan Phillips back on a cheap deal next year.

They really don't need an edge setter at LDE anymore though.........Groot had a dominant season against the run.

"Rousseau made his mark against the run, tallying an incredible 32 defensive run stops, which was tied for the most in the league and far more than any other rookie."

-ESPN "best players of the year" feature

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 hours ago, MJS said:

With all due respect, I'm not 'that guy'. I've post plenty of supportive, positive content about this team despite a few posters here making paranoid accusations otherwise.

The reality of the situation is this team has been woefully inconsistent since the start of the 2021 campaign and while ending the season on a four game winning streak has created a certain degree of momentum, the warning signs are there (specifically the last few weeks with Allens poor play) that this year's playoff run might not be as successful as last year. Combine that with Allens record and stats in cold weather games and the concern is legitimate.

But at the end of the day I predicted 12-5 and losing in the divisional round prior to the season and this team looks to be on track for that sans being a game off on the record prediction. But I do believe they win against the Pats, albeit in a very tight game that may come down to a FG in the final minutes.

So can we talk how this blog basically posted speculation as fact?  For some reason, no one wants to call out Train Wreck Sports but they have disputed the signing report in a nice way.

I was suspicious from the start.   Check out how they qualify their claim:

“Barring a physical/Covid snag, Lawson will rejoining the Bills at some point in the future.

You don’t see journalists report vague information like this if they have legit sources.  
My guess is that whoever wrote this article made the jump from discussion between the Bills and Shaq.

It still might happen, but again, I think this is simply speculation that they jumped the gun to be the first to “break” news.  

Here’s how the Buffalo media (who acknowledges bloggers) reacted.  They have basically refuted their report in a nice way:

Given that the Bills go up against a run heavy offense in the WC round and could possibly end up facing the Titans again later on it wouldn't hurt to get a player that fits the system and sets the edge well against the run. But I trust the front office and they should know if Shaq fits what they want to do in the playoffs.

54 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

So can we talk how this blog basically posted speculation as fact?  For some reason, no one wants to call out Train Wreck Sports but they have disputed the signing report in a nice way.

I was suspicious from the start.   Check out how they qualify their claim:

“Barring a physical/Covid snag, Lawson will rejoining the Bills at some point in the future.

You don’t see journalists report vague information like this if they have legit sources.  
My guess is that whoever wrote this article made the jump from discussion between the Bills and Shaq.

It still might happen, but again, I think this is simply speculation that they jumped the gun to be the first to “break” news.  

Here’s how the Buffalo media (who acknowledges bloggers) reacted.  They have basically refuted their report in a nice way:

It wouldn’t be the first time that camp ‘jumped the gun’ to be first (Tyson Calabo), but I do too have some respect for those guys. There is enough smoke for the “both parties are talking” fire to likely be true. 

TRS just went with a click bate title, unfortunately. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.