My case for Trubisky to the Colts

Alphadawg7

Will Wentz be the week 1 Starter for the Colts in 2022?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Will Wentz be the week 1 Starter for the Colts in 2022?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Chances you think Colts sign Trubisky to start or compete to start?

• For sure
    • Good Chance
    • Possibly, but not likely
    • None

On 1/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, ColoradoBills said:

2017 was an exceptional year for him.  The Eagles fielded a great team that year.

Let's all remember the team was so good that when Wentz got injured Foles took over and played great too and won the SB.

I wouldn't short change Foles or Wentz here.  Carson was the clear front-runner for MVP in 2017.  He was playing great!  

I actually didn't watch Super Bowl LII because I couldn't stomach another Patriots/Brady win.  That's how much faith I had in Foles.  He could have collapsed under the pressure, but instead rose to the occasion and won the Super Bowl, out-dueling Tom Brady.  I don't believe the Eagles win that game with "MVP" Wentz at QB instead of Foles.  

Edited by Chicken Boo

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I wouldn't short change Foles or Wentz here.  Carson was the clear front-runner for MVP in 2017.  He was playing great!  

I actually didn't watch Super Bowl LII because I couldn't stomach another Patriots/Brady win.  That's how much faith I had in Foles.  He could have collapsed under the pressure, but instead rose to the occasion and won the Super Bowl, out-dueling Tom Brady.  I don't believe the Eagles win that game with "MVP" Wentz at QB instead of Foles.  

I'm not short changing them but it seems to me 2017 was the highwater mark of both their careers.

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

Agree 100%.

The bigger thing is the Colts just went 1st round burnout experiment this year. What makes them think they get better results with Mitch? The Colts know they need a true solution at QB and I think they move for a proven starter like Cousins or Ryan OR they trade up in the draft for a QB and get a Tyrod type QB to hold the fort for a year.

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The bigger thing is the Colts just went 1st round burnout experiment this year. What makes them think they get better results with Mitch? The Colts know they need a true solution at QB and I think they move for a proven starter like Cousins or Ryan OR they trade up in the draft for a QB and get a Tyrod type QB to hold the fort for a year.

Who knows if they'll get better results, but they have to move on from Wentz and Mitch won't cost them a pick.  If they want a clear upgrade like Rodgers, or Watson or Jimmy G, they'll need to pony up picks, and 1st rounders at that, and probably beaucoup bucks.  The draft is terrible for QBs this year.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Wentz is done. 2017 is so long ago, and on the other side of the play that changed Wentz permanently in 2019.

Clowney lays a cheap, dirty hit on Wentz, giving him a severe concussion.

He hasnt been the same since, can't make decisions, can't think on his feet. The hit scrambled his brains and has changed him as a player. A damn shame.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wentz is done. 2017 is so long ago, and on the other side of the play that changed Wentz permanently in 2019.

Clowney lays a cheap, dirty hit on Wentz, giving him a severe concussion.

He hasnt been the same since, can't make decisions, can't think on his feet. The hit scrambled his brains and has changed him as a player. A damn shame.

Don't get me wrong, Wentz is cooked.  It's sad, but he can still have a lengthy, productive NFL career as a fringe starter. 

17 hours ago, Doc said:

The draft is terrible for QBs this year.

Yes, it really is. In last year's draft, Trubisky would probably have been somewhere between the 8th to 11th QB selected. I kid you not.

When Trubisky was drafted in 2017, he was the 2nd pick in the draft, and he was selected before Mahomes and Watson (2017 was also a bad year for QBs ater Mahomes and Watson). Trubisky was a disasterous, franchise killing draft selection of Dante Whitner proportion, but at least the Bears did try to bring in a QB.

I hope that he does go to Indy so that they will not improve.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

I am not sure the Colts have the ammunition to get Watson from Houston

Not even close.  They have no 1st rounder next year.  And Watson's price tag has only increased given the dearth of good QBs available this off-season.  Assuming he's not in jail.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, it really is. In last year's draft, Trubisky would probably have been somewhere between the 8th to 11th QB selected. I kid you not.

When Trubisky was drafted in 2017, he was the 2nd pick in the draft, and he was selected before Mahomes and Watson (2017 was also a bad year for QBs ater Mahomes and Watson). Trubisky was a disasterous, franchise killing draft selection of Dante Whitner proportion, but at least the Bears did try to bring in a QB.

I hope that he does go to Indy so that they will not improve.

I hope he goes somewhere and gets a huge new deal and plays well enough to get the Bills a 3rd round comp pick.  Or that he returns as backup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.