Do you think the Pats will blitz like the Jets did Saturday?

Ramza86

They are terrified of giving up a big play.  A few easy touchdowns the game is over.

59 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

I am guessing they will employ BB plan to,stand up 7 at LOS to confuse the OL  assignments and disguise who is coming

Buffalo has crucified the Dolphins 3 years in a row with them running that defense.  I think in spots they will bring pressure.  Problem with Allen. What if he evades the rush?  You are f’d.  

49 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I suspect that Belichick rolls a lot of coverage out there again and makes Josh prove he can methodically move it down the field two games in a row without making a mistake.  For everything we did right in the second game, if JC Jackson catches that ball on the last scoring drive there's a great chance we lose that day.  Pats will keep everything in front of them and it will be up to the Bills to solve the redzone exam inside the 20.

At the end of the day Josh is the best player on the field and I don't think it's going to matter what they do.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The run game has been much better lately with Singletary. If he can have another good game that will help Josh out tremendously. It would also help keep the Pats pass rush in check.

I also like the increased use of McKenzie on jet sweeps for this same reason

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I felt like it wasn't so much the Jets who stopped us as it was our own mistakes.

I love to see them blitz him. He handles it beautifully. It's the teams that pressure well with four guys that do well against this offense. I think we'll see a bunch of stunts, shifting fronts, packed fronts with guys dropping out ... more trying to cause confusion that actual blitzes.

Last time they didn't rush hard, instead trying to keep him in the pocket. I think they'll do that sometimes, other times go all out, blitzing occasionally but not predictably. 

I think you are spot on. If they can get consistent pressure with four guys, they will make it a very tough game for Allen and the offense. It is nice to see the Bills have had their best offensive linemen available, healthy, and playing together for a few games. If they can just play up to their abilities, this team can beat any team they face.

Belichick won't do the same thing again that's for sure. They gave Allen time in the last game and hoped they could keep him in the pocket and he'd try forcing things. So I expect him to send a lot more pressure this time.

I don't know what % of plays McKenzie played against the Jets but against the Pats I'd have him on the field all the time, lined up all over the place. Usually Belichick will concentrate on taking away Diggs, but after what McKenzie did to them he's hopefully going to take a lot of the attention as well. So even if they use him as a decoy to get Diggs open, get him in as often as possible

The Hoodie always has a spy on Allen, usually a LB. How does Daboll exploit that defender? There has to be a way to put him in conflict, like roll Josh out and at the same time have Knox or Bease from the backside enter that vacated area. IDK but its a strong tendency from a Belichick defense and we should be able to take advantage of that.

I’m more interested in seeing if Bellyache will make McKenzie a focal point. He had no adjustment for the long crossers in the last game. None at all. And Allen repeatedly burned them with those throws to little dirty. That said, I hope he does blitz more because Allen is one of the best at beating it. 

I wouldn't be concerned at all about the stalled drives from the Jets game............it seemed to me that Daboll was just trying to get Allen a pocket passing game to sharpen that aspect up and not get him beat up.    They played the last Patriots game like every drive mattered and punting was not an option so I'd expect more of that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Any idea how many plays they brought more than 4?  The pats did so about 15 times in the last meeting

No telling how many blitzes we see, but I am much more confident in our OL protection than earlier in the season. I mean it's a huge difference in how well the OL has played compared to earlier. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m more interested in seeing if Bellyache will make McKenzie a focal point. He had no adjustment for the long crossers in the last game. None at all. And Allen repeatedly burned them with those throws to little dirty. That said, I hope he does blitz more because Allen is one of the best at beating it. 

Right.

Pats LBs are not the most athletic group. JA ability to hit pass catchers in stride is huge. 

I think we are past the point as a team where the Pats are going to surprise us. They’re much more limited than in years past. BB isn’t going to blitz us and let Josh turn huge gains with his feet, because he knows it they get behind Mac isn’t throwing them back into the game. They need a bend don’t break defense and a ton of time of possession on offense. Conservative, passing out of play action and maybe a few trick plays to spark a quick score. 

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

No telling how many blitzes we see, but I am much more confident in our OL protection than earlier in the season. I mean it's a huge difference in how well the OL has played compared to earlier. 

Absolutely.  Now we just need for josh to remember how to throw like he did the day after Christmas. 

• Agree 1

I can see the Hood using alot of man to man coverage......he's not stupid enough to go with zone and let JA pick them apart, however, i think he'll try to neutralise Motor early and set the tone for a passing game in hopes of turn overs.

If we stick with screens, quick slants and taking the short underneath yardage, it'll open things up somewhat. 

I can't see too many long shot down the field opportunities in this one.

Patience and taking what the D gives us is the key in this chess match.

20 minutes ago, motorj said:

Dumps off to the rbs and hopefully they use plenty of Mckenzie for some drag routes

That won't work twice..  Not sure how they will defend that, but they will defend that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.