Do you think the Pats will blitz like the Jets did Saturday?

Ramza86

I feel like thats when the Bills are at their worst offensively. Make Josh get rid of it early and hope he doesnt escape the pressure.

I feel like the Jets stalled a lot of drives that way. I can easily see Bill replicating that seeing how playing so safe last time didnt work.

What do we do to counter act that style of play? Cause I think we need to be up early in order to hinder their decisions to run the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I feel like thats when the Bills are at their worst offensively. Make Josh get rid of it early and hope he doesnt escape the pressure.

I feel like the Jets stalled a lot of drives that way. I can easily see Bill replicating that seeing how playing so safe last time didnt work.

What do we do to counter act that style of play? Cause I think we need to be up early in order to hinder their decisions to run the ball. 

Any idea how many plays they brought more than 4?  The pats did so about 15 times in the last meeting

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

The run game has been much better lately with Singletary. If he can have another good game that will help Josh out tremendously. It would also help keep the Pats pass rush in check.

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I hope they do...that's when Allen can burn them one on one or take off and get huge gains running because all the defenders have their backs turned in man to man coverage.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes, they will come after Allen all night.  They are going to have the opposite game plan than they had last time.

But now that they know that we know that they might go with a different plan, shouldn't we now know that they know that too, so WE come up with an opposite plan too - and only pass 4 times?  😉

I suspect that Belichick rolls a lot of coverage out there again and makes Josh prove he can methodically move it down the field two games in a row without making a mistake.  For everything we did right in the second game, if JC Jackson catches that ball on the last scoring drive there's a great chance we lose that day.  Pats will keep everything in front of them and it will be up to the Bills to solve the redzone exam inside the 20.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I suspect that Belichick rolls a lot of coverage out there again and makes Josh prove he can methodically move it down the field two games in a row without making a mistake.  For everything we did right in the second game, if JC Jackson catches that ball on the last scoring drive there's a great chance we lose that day.  Pats will keep everything in front of them and it will be up to the Bills to solve the redzone exam inside the 20.

Ok, if they get to catch a dropped pass, so do we. I'll take one of the dropped TD passes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

I felt like it wasn't so much the Jets who stopped us as it was our own mistakes.

I love to see them blitz him. He handles it beautifully. It's the teams that pressure well with four guys that do well against this offense. I think we'll see a bunch of stunts, shifting fronts, packed fronts with guys dropping out ... more trying to cause confusion that actual blitzes.

Last time they didn't rush hard, instead trying to keep him in the pocket. I think they'll do that sometimes, other times go all out, blitzing occasionally but not predictably. 

Edited by Thurman#1

They are going to look to confuse the line and Allen.  He is going to bring a lot of pressure but contain and spy Allen as well with the goal to get him to scramble but then realize he can't.  He'll take away quick hitters and force the ball mid/down field. 

That's my guess. 

He always mixes and disguises coverage but playoffs are a different animal. 

The other thought is they'll let the Bills run the ball to take it out of Allen's hands. Much like he did on the Giants to the Bills in the super bowl. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.