GDT: National Championship: Georgia at Alabama 8:00pm ESPN

Nextmanup

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

You're confusing touching the ball and controlling the ball. 

How do you “knock” a ball that never leaves your hand.

Imagine that exact play in a Bills game with no time on the clock except we start on the opponents 6 yard line and Davis catches it in the end zone.  We lose because you can’t advance a fumble.  That’s the correct call huh?

Better yet imagine that play at the end of a Super Bowl and the result being the team on offense losing.  IYHO would that be the most controversial call in the history of sports?

Edited by 4merper4mer

8 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Imagine that exact play in a Bills game with no time on the clock except we start on the opponents 6 yard line and Davis catches it in the end zone.  We lose because you can’t advance a fumble.  That’s the correct call huh?

Better yet imagine that play at the end of a Super Bowl and the result being the team on offense losing.  IYHO would that be the most controversial call in the history of sports?

Why are you choosing this particular hill? It was fairly obviously a loose ball before the arm moved forward. But whatever, I guess. 

Also, people pooping on Bennett seem to have underestimated his moxy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Here's a picture.  Ball is coming out, arm still back.  The ball ended up going forward because after it came out of his hand the finger tips pushed it forward.  I've seen this happen before where they call these fumbles.

FIy0hdXXsAgewjN.thumb.jpg.a1e91171179f288783c3f4db8c74759c.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Why are you choosing this particular hill? It was fairly obviously a loose ball before the arm moved forward. But whatever, I guess. 

Also, people pooping on Bennett seem to have underestimated his moxy.

I just asked a question.  Do you care to answer?

The dude had the ball in his hand.  He never lost physical contact with the ball.  He wanted the ball to go forward.  The ball went forward.  Would you say he controlled the ball?

4 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Here's a picture.  Ball is coming out, arm still back.  The ball ended up going forward because after it came out of his hand the finger tips pushed it forward.  I've seen this happen before where they call these fumbles.

He sure made up for that!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I just asked a question.  Do you care to answer?

The dude had the ball in his hand.  He never lost physical contact with the ball.  He wanted the ball to go forward.  The ball went forward.  Would you say he controlled the ball?

No, I wouldn't. I WOULD say he was able to shove a loose ball forward. He did not "control" said ball by the definitions used by all levels of football.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

OMG in what direction was his arm moving?  The sole purpose of fingers are to control things. Screen cap from three frames behind that and the arm is furthe back but moving forward still and the ball is deeper in his hand.   Geez.

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

No, I wouldn't. I WOULD say he was able to shove a loose ball forward. He did not "control" said ball by the definitions used by all levels of football.

How is it loose if he touched it 100% of the time?  Now we’re changing the definition of loose I guess.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

OMG in what direction was his arm moving?  The sole purpose of fingers are to control things. Screen cap from three frames behind that and the arm is furthe back but moving forward still and the ball is deeper in his hand.   Geez.

How is it loose if he touched it 100% of the time?  Now we’re changing the definition of loose I guess.

Come on. A person can CONTACT an object without GRASPING it firmly or with control. I don't fully understand what's confusing you here. Are you a big time Bama fan? 

Touching is not the same as controlling.

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

QB discussions aside, is the Georgia DT Wyatt draft eligible? Everyone is in love with Davis's stature and talent, and rightly so. But Wyatt, as Herbstreit recently mentioned, is excellent. I know Google would answer this for me, mind you.

Yes 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.