The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

Greg Bedard on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston. Can't admit Josh Allen is good much less elite. Freakin' hilarious mental gymnastics from the Boston sports guys STILL conducting an autopsy on Saturday's curb-stomping. It's a long listen but extremely entertaining. You have to hear the mix of Josh Allen TD calls by the Boston play by play team. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth!! 

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/greg-bedard-joins-the-show-bills-takedown-patriots-3-up-3-down-1-18-hour-1/

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/greg-bedard-joins-the-show-10-questions-with-bedard-patriots-thoughts-from-bedard-1-18-hour-2/

If you are inclined browse through all the podcasts from their local shows. Still in Stage One of grief.

https://985thesportshub.com/podcasts/felger-mazz-demand/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The real mental gymnastics is the obsession by Bills fans to justify why Amy more Patriots and Pats Pundits material is needed on a Bills board.

It is kind of fun to watch the implosion of the Pat***** faithful as their little fantasy world comes crashing down around them.  That’s why.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I believe there is clinical terminology for those who get enjoyment from others' pain.

Same type of people wish injury unto athletes of teams they dislike.

Not sure that's what sports are all about...

Seriously?  You are equating a little gloating at the expense of pats fans to wishing injury to players?  Get some perspective.  You may be OK with being laughed at for 20 years but I am not.  The shoe is on the other foot and I am happy about that.  Sorry if that offends your superior moral sensibility.  You might want to include “judgmental” in your self superior world view.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I believe there is clinical terminology for those who get enjoyment from others' pain.

Same type of people wish injury unto athletes of teams they dislike.

Not sure that's what sports are all about...

I bet you took that loss Saturday night especially hard, didn't you Gene?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Greg Bedard on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston. Can't admit Josh Allen is good much less elite. Freakin' hilarious mental gymnastics from the Boston sports guys STILL conducting an autopsy on Saturday's curb-stomping. It's a long listen but extremely entertaining. You have to hear the mix of Josh Allen TD calls by the Boston play by play team. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth!! 

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/greg-bedard-joins-the-show-bills-takedown-patriots-3-up-3-down-1-18-hour-1/

https://985thesportshub.com/episodes/greg-bedard-joins-the-show-10-questions-with-bedard-patriots-thoughts-from-bedard-1-18-hour-2/

If you are inclined browse through all the podcasts from their local shows. Still in Stage One of grief.

https://985thesportshub.com/podcasts/felger-mazz-demand/

This take continues to be mind blowing to me…it’s just straight up denial/wishful thinking at this point.  Allen outplayed mahomes this season with a vastly inferior offensive line and terrible weather for most of the year 

you can maybe make a case that 3 qbs were better this season and they were all in the NFC

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

20 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This take continues to be mind blowing to me…it’s just straight up denial/wishful thinking at this point.  Allen outplayed mahomes this season with a vastly inferior offensive line and terrible weather for most of the year 

you can maybe make a case that 3 qbs were better this season and they were all in the NFC

Hour 2 toward the end they rate the remaining QBs and coaches. McDermott fall middle of the pack to bottom. So much bitterness.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hour 2 toward the end they rate the remaining QBs and coaches. McDermott fall middle of the pack to bottom.

Do they mean in general or just gameday decision making?  I don’t know if I can sit through even a few minutes of that 😂 honestly if McDermott knocks the chiefs off this year he’s easily objectively in the highest tier of nfl coaches.  

it will be a massive testament to our front office as well because a lot of people raised their eyebrows at spending two early picks on the defensive line 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Do they mean in general or just gameday decision making?  I don’t know if I can sit through even a few minutes of that 😂 honestly if McDermott knocks the chiefs off this year he’s easily objectively in the highest tier of nfl coaches.  

it will be a massive testament to our front office as well because a lot of people raised their eyebrows at spending two early picks on the defensive line 

Just rated for quality. Only one guy selected Allen at three. The rest were fourth, fifth or sixth!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

That poor dress shirt that Ted Johnson is squeezed into....working overtime!

Actually, I enjoyed this clip. The guy with the ill-fitting white shirt clearly explained how Josh Allen recognized the zone coverage on the 45-yard pass to Diggs and responded appropriately. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Where did they rank belichick.  Man I’ve never seen a guys stock fall so much in reality after a lucky win lol these people don’t live in reality though 

They only rated the final 8 playoff QBs and coaches. Belichick took heat for hiring his sons.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ted Johnson called us one dimensional today and we ran for more yards and threw for more yards than Pats*, so which dimension we lack?

We totally got outpunted in this game.  Couldn't kick a FG either.  Terrible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.