The blabbering Boston media thread

Motorin'

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Are you serious?

I mean at this rate when Belichick dies some crazy fan is going to rip his casket open screaming that's not his real body.  

I think BB is a little too deep in your head.  This guy isn't throwing games for mental advantages, especially not 3 of 4 to finish the year losing the division in the process.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.  Belicheat pioneered innovative ways to cheat, and he's likely still doing so, just hasn't been caught yet.  He's a fraud, and we will unmask that fraud Saturday night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't think this has anything to do with mental toughness.  A running team can make some noise in the regular season and early playoff rounds but in most years it takes a team with an elite QB to win the Lombardi.  Mac Jones has had a solid rookie campaign but he is obviously not an elite QB.  The Pats could beat us this Saturday but I don't think anyone sees them as a Super Bowl contender.

Hopefully this weekend the team with the better QB will win.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

LOL, not buying it.  Belicheat threw the game to lull us into a false sense of security.  Cheating is so deeply ingrained in his DNA that throwing a meaningless game would be par for the course.  We're not going to fall for that crap.

I also thought of that as my wife did also... he's just that kind of a coach. I mean, if you are down 2 scores, WHY IN THE HELL are you running the ball a lot and draining clock? They were literally calling plays in the 4th quarter like they were winning instead of losing. It's not because of Mac Jones, it is because he wasn't wasting his time calling the GOOD plays when in all certainty the Bills were going to win the East.... and they did beat us at home, so there is that as well.

Good observation.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.  Belicheat pioneered innovative ways to cheat, and he's likely still doing so, just hasn't been caught yet.  He's a fraud, and we will unmask that fraud Saturday night.

Fans like you are pathetic and insecure. Virtually every team out there is always trying to find ways to get the next advantage possible and will cross the line until their slapped. The big reason the Pats beat the Bills routinely is because of the guy at QB and the talent BB maximized with his system while Buffalo was a doormat of awfulness. If Buffalo had a QB like Allen and coach like McD earlier the scorecard isn't as lopsided. Also take a look at the last two years of games and you'll see Pat fans are now complaining that we get away with stuff.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I also thought of that as my wife did also... he's just that kind of a coach. I mean, if you are down 2 scores, WHY IN THE HELL are you running the ball a lot and draining clock? They were literally calling plays in the 4th quarter like they were winning instead of losing. It's not because of Mac Jones, it is because he wasn't wasting his time calling the GOOD plays when in all certainty the Bills were going to win the East.... and they did beat us at home, so there is that as well.

Good observation.

After we went up 26-14, they threw the ball 16 times (including 2 Mac scrambles) and ran the ball 5 times on two drives. 

After we went up 33-21, they threw the ball 8 times (including 1 Mac scramble) and ran the ball 1 time on one drive.

Edited by What a Tuel

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

LOL, not buying it.  Belicheat threw the game to lull us into a false sense of security.  Cheating is so deeply ingrained in his DNA that throwing a meaningless game would be par for the course.  We're not going to fall for that crap.

We're all taking the prime real estate Bill Belichick occupies in our heads right to grave I see 😂

• Simon changed the title to The blabbering Boston media thread

Boston fans bought the hype that only they were selling when they crowned themselves division champs and super bowl contenders and now they're looking to dole out blame as the team comes back down to earth.  This the same team they were 6 weeks ago when they were the toast of the NFL.

32 minutes ago, uninja said:

We're all taking the prime real estate Bill Belichick occupies in our heads right to grave I see 😂

Bill Belichick is a HOF coach but he's not the God some people like to portray him. Without Brady he's probably viewed in a different way. He did squeeze 11 and 10 wins out of crappy qbs like Cassel & Jones. You still have to acknowledge his ability to attack your weaknesses. But w/o the goat he's very beatable. 

On 1/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sharky7337 said:

Now they're saying Josh Allen can't beat them, the bills are the best draw for them. The bills are one dimensional.

They talk about it near the end around 6:10

This was played on WGR-550 yesterday I think.

I find the comments kind of funny.  Like the idea that Josh Allen is just not good enough to beat the Patriots two games in a row.

Seriously?  

I think we beat the Patriots as the 2 teams currently stand 4 or maybe 5 times out of 5...which is why I wanted this matchup for weeks now.

• Like (+1) 2

I just wanted to point out that any notions of Bill Belichick somehow purposely holding defensive or offensive looks back when we played them in Foxborough -- essentially risking losing a de facto division title game -- just so he'd have some fresh tricks in the bag IN CASE we played them again in the postseason...is absolutely ridiculous.

First of all, that far back, he had absolutely no way of knowing the likelihood of playing Buffalo in the playoffs. Second, the greatest head coach of all time is damned sure smart enough to know that if he WAS going to see the Bills again in the postseason, he'd rather do it at home than away, which would require winning that game. 

I've seen a few people say it on this message board, I've seen it said on social media, and it never stops being ridiculous to me. Bill Belichick, no matter how much galaxy-brained 4D chess people are convinced he's always playing, did not purposely do things that would cost his team a victory in a pivotal matchup, just so that he could save some looks for a later meeting that might not even happen. No way, no how. Completely ridiculous.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

They’re not losing because of being soft. They’re playing like an average team because Mac Jones is an average QB. New England people aren’t willing to admit this because they insist on Jones being the second coming of Brady. 

They've been struggling w/ the Jones narrative for the past couple of months. For awhile, he hit "the rookie wall." Now, there is some rumor that he has been dealing with a throwing-arm injury.

They have hyped him beyond reason. A very average QB - who may turn out to be good or great, but so may almost every QB in the league right now.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just wanted to point out that any notions of Bill Belichick somehow purposely holding defensive or offensive looks back when we played them in Foxborough -- essentially risking losing a de facto division title game -- just so he'd have some fresh tricks in the bag IN CASE we played them again in the postseason...is absolutely ridiculous.

You hear this sort of thing FROM FANS all the time.  Like it's common for coaches to hold back so they have some tricks down the road.

I think it's a total myth.  I think these guys do everything they can do to win each game as it comes...and then they create new plays/new tricks as needed down the road.

I do think BB will be more aggressive in his pass rush strategy on Saturday.  He went the opposite direction in Foxborough and it cost them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, aceman_16 said:

You realize Buffalo WRs dropped TWO TD passes in the endzone? Why do people cherry pick mistakes to prove their points?!? It is disingenuous at best and trolling at worst.

Also, no guarantee that NE converts 4th downs so well like they did in that game. I haven't seen anyone mention that. If the Bills had stopped some of those, things could have gotten out of hand.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.