Anyone else worried about daboll heading into the playoffs?

Steptide

I'm always concerned about things that can go wrong in upcoming games, including Dabol's play calling and Joh Allen's handling of cold weather and wintry conditions.  I'm hoping that some of what happened in the Jets game amounted to Dabol experimenting with some things and giving their next opponent (which only later turned out to be New England) more things to worry about and prepare for.  I do think all the coaches will up their game for the playoffs, but then so will Belichick and every other team Buffalo might have a chance to face.

5 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I know the offense has looked shakey these last couple weeks, but I’m more worried about the run defense. It’s very important that we take the lead early against New England and make them try to throw

I agree and if they win the coin flip, I would take the ball and not  defer.  Take the opportunity to get the lead before they even get the ball 

So when this offence does anything good its the players?

And when they fail to execute its on  Daboll?

The defense is good but they have an alarming tendency to giving up huge plays in close games.

So its not all wine and roses on that side of the ball either.

You win as a team and you lose as a team :)

JMHO

• Like (+1) 1

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

What the hell are any of you complaining about?!? What more do you want?!?

While I'm at it, we're #1 in points against and won back to back AFCE CHAMPS!

IMO,  any complainer(you know who you are) is a dumb@$$!; Again, JMO.

Phew, that felt good!

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s hard for me to be satisfied when you see the Bills against the Patriots @ New England, and their first drives were masterful, short crisp throws, power runs, Allen designed runs, or the first Jets game, McKenzie involved, Gabe involved, and then to see the same old pattern this past Sunday, running on first down in the Red Zone, trying to draw people Offside, Allen throwing nothing but toe tap routes to the sidelines, no McKenzie, no Knox. 

Going into that Buffalo game the Falcons defense was last in the NFL in sacks and near last against the run, 29th in points allowed, 26th in yards. The NY Jets defense was 32nd in both yards, points allowed.

I don't get why the Buffalo offense had so much trouble moving the ball, scoring in the first half of both games against such bad defenses. 

I'm hoping the Bills OC was avoiding running his best strategies going into these two garbage teams and holding out his best for the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

So when this offence does anything good its the players?

And when they fail to execute its on  Daboll?

The defense is good but they have an alarming tendency to giving up huge plays in close games.

So its not all wine and roses on that side of the ball either.

You win as a team and you lose as a team :)

JMHO

I think this staff has gotten it partly right this year: 

They identified Spencer Brown and got him in at RT.

They made the switch to Ryan Bates.

Tommy Doyle is now in at 6th OLineman and playing real snap count, he adds size.

Benched Zack Moss and made Singletary the primary back.

But they are still rigid IMO at WR. Still trotting out Beasley when he’s not effective anymore, at the expense of a younger and more explosive player.

And what happens when Sanders gets healthy? Is he right back in there starting? Meaning Gabe Davis is back to 30% snap count?

When McKenzie gets one carry for 10 yards, and one catch for 9 yards on 2 touches, I just don’t want to hear how Beasley brings more to the table still. He’s averaging 8 ypc now. It’s over.

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think the bills have a super bowl caliber defense that is good enough to win it all, but I fear the offensive side of things. Even yesterday, I was yelling at my TV wondering what daboll was doing. On one of our offensive possessions (I believe the score was 10-7) they went run run pass, which ended in a punt. I also can't for the life of me figure out why daboll runs on 2nd down so much in the red zone. Obviously we won by 17 pts yesterday, and we have a huge margin of victory in our wins this season, but I'm worried what this offense is gonna look like in the playoffs. 

Didn't you post this last year right before the playoffs?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.