Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like the fit. They will draft a QB next year, I think. One more year of Danny dimes to see what daboll can do with him.

Unless they get Russ. Do not think they go for Watson. 

Jones does some good things....maybe with a normal GM and Coach he can improve. They do need new WRs though. Ones they have are always hurt

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Well, we'll have a good working relationship with the Giants now. Expect more trades with the Giants.

Yep I said the same.  It will be interesting to see if Schoen has the green light to turn over the roster ala Beane and McDermott in Buffalo.

Giants got a lot of picks but no money.  I expect Joe trades/cuts some of the older high dollar players.

Giants are now one of the teams I watch a little closer in the off season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

But but but Beane sucks.  He can't draft well.  He overvalues his players and is horrible in FA.  I heard it here.  Many many many many many many times.  I mean TBD posters can't be wrong.  Can they????

LOL

GO BILLS!!!!

They will become Jiants fans now following Schoen.

Since they are experts I expect them to apply as interns like Schoen and Beane did and move up in organization.

• Agree 1

Brian Gaine, Joe Schoen, and Dan Morgan have gotten hired off of Brandon Beane's staff.

We got Gaine back so that's good. Pretty impressive staff. We still have other very respected candidates in Lake Dawson, Malik Boyd, and Tarrence Gray. I could see Schoen taking one of them as assistant GM that doesn't get promoted in Buffalo.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 2

The key asset wasn't Schoen.  It was the people who had the intelligence to HIRE SCHOEN in the first place.

Those people are still here and they can probably find another good one to replace Schoen, so I'm not worried...for now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I could see Mitch, Hughes, Star, Mongo and Bease playing in NJ next year. 

Im sure teams will try and poach Dorsey, but he may want to stay if offered OC.

The guess here is that Daboll is going to be the next HC of the NYG.  It’s not a “book it” thing (like the next stadium being in OP), but …  I got wind of something suggestive in that respect last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, we'll have a good working relationship with the Giants now. Expect more trades with the Giants.

Do you think the Panthers will get jealous? 

Good for him, well deserved I’m sure. I’m glad he’s in the NFC. One of the hard parts of being top tier is everybody wants to poach your players and staff. Great front offices have a list of “the next guys”.

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.