Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

I have odd fantasies about Schoen going to the Giants, then hiring Daboll as coach. We then create a weird symbiotic NFC/AFC partnership as franchises where we trade players, share free agents, and help each other get better. Heck they can scrimmage in the summer too. Create an NYS (OK, NYS and New Jersey) football cartel!

Like our "relationship" with the Panthers, to some degree. Just magnified.

Yeah, we could have done that with Gettleman there already and didn't. Shut up. It's my fantasy! I am also 6 foot 2 in said fantasy. (looks unchanged as uggos have character, I just want to be taller)

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully Poles gets the job.

Local kid from Canandaigua and former NYS player of the year.

Big football name in an area where football isn't that big.

I assume he is also related to Roland Poles who played RB for Caledonia-Mumford in the mid 80's and then at Tennessee.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hopefully Poles gets the job.

Local kid from Canandaigua and former NYS player of the year.

Big football name in an area where football isn't that big.

I assume he is also related to Roland Poles who played RB for Caledonia-Mumford in the mid 80's and then at Tennessee.

A Poles/Bienemy pairing would add some juice to that franchise.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would assume that if Schoen gets a GM job, either Frazier or Daboll jumps to the top just makes sense from a relationship standpoint 

Not just the relationship, but would cut a lot of time from going through an interview process for a new HC. Could also bring Mitch in as QB for a headstart on playbook. Would be a win, win for the Giants.🤔

52 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Schoen in Buffalo works closely with GM Brandon Beane, who can certainly be considered a mentor. Schoen in 2001 accepted an internship with the Panthers – in the ticket office – and it was in Carolina where he developed a working relationship with Beane. When Beane in 2017 left to become the general manager in Buffalo, he hired Schoen to be his assistant. Schoen at the time was with the Dolphins as a scout and, eventually, the director of player personnel.

Another hot shot starting as an intern.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.