Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't agree with the logic here.  Polian would've had to have been terrible at his job for five years in order to get the #1 pick in 1998.  He would've been fired long before then.  

Perhaps he'd never have managed to get the Bills to getting the no 1 pick for Peyton but he'd likely have kept drafting enough talent to avoid a 17 yr drought.  

12 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Seriously, the only front office person worth his ilk is the guy who stuck his neck out to target Allen. I don’t know who this is. But, outside of Allen, our FA pick-ups and drafts have been average. That said, with Allen, that’s pretty much all we need. 

Tangentially related to above in this GM thread: There was a pretty cool story on The Athletic about Chiefs GM Brett Veach, he was that guy pushing for Pat No Matter What in '17.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, hondo in seattle said:

How do you know any of these guys can capably replace Schoen - all the things he does and all the things he excels at?

My thought is that a team is only as good as it's players.  That means the scouting/personnel team too.  We don't want to lose any of our best players and that definitely includes Schoen.  

I have full confidence in McDermott but I would still worry if Allen left the Bills for another team.

How do you know what he actually does better than those guys?

On 1/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, JGMcD2 said:

This would suck... but at the same time I have full confidence in Beane to find a suitable replacement. Crazy thing is, we have guys in house that can take over for Schoen. I know he's been a big part of things behind the scenes. 

Guys like Malik Boyd, Lake Dawson, Terrance Gray and Brian Gaine are more than capable.

We'd just be back filling one of their positions... probably even elevating Curtis Rukavina to replace who is promoted. 

Oh. Weird. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.