Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

I’ll be really interested to see how the Flores interview goes. I have a feeling the interest is more on his end. But Schoen was with Miami about 5 or so years ago and I wonder if he thinks Flores got a raw deal from ownership or what he thinks of that whole situation with Grier. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll be really interested to see how the Flores interview goes. I have a feeling the interest is more on his end. But Schoen was with Miami about 5 or so years ago and I wonder if he thinks Flores got a raw deal from ownership or what he thinks of that whole situation with Grier. 

Also if Flores misses out on HC jobs which is possible he's likely to join Daboll as his DC.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He absolutely deserves his shot. We lost a superb talent evaluator today, and that sucks. But it is the price of success. Other teams want your guys. 

We still have a strong front office, but he is a loss. 

To quote Charles De Gaulle, the graveyards are full of indispensable men. Next man up!

• Haha (+1) 1

PFT noted how likely it is that Schoen will interview Frazier and/or Daboll for head coach.

I'm thinking, wouldnt it be very telling if Schoen did Not interview both?  Or that if he only interviewed one, what that means about the other.

And if he doesnt interview both, or else interviews neither, is thee a wink/nod not to poach them?  Or have they told him they dont want the Giants HC job anyway?

oooooh.  drama.

(that's all I got here)

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

PFT noted how likely it is that Schoen will interview Frazier and/or Daboll for head coach.

I'm thinking, wouldnt it be very telling if Schoen did Not interview both?  Or that if he only interviewed one, what that means about the other.

And if he doesnt interview both, or else interviews neither, is thee a wink/nod not to poach them?  Or have they told him they dont want the Giants HC job anyway?

oooooh.  drama.

(that's all I got here)

It could be telling, but not for personal reasons.  Maybe Schoen and the Giants only want to hire an offensive minded coach.  That's been more of the trend recently. But Flores seems like a good coach and Leslie is also defense, so ya never know.  Maybe a lot of it comes down to who can assemble the better staff.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like our PS guys are about to be raided in the off-season. We will see who Beane can keep. Guys like Isaiah Hodgins might have an easier time seeing the field in New Jersey 

Also might be a role for some our lower end FAs. If Dabes joins him watch for Isaiah McKenzie signing there. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I mean obviously a big loss for the Bills but they survived Dan Morgan just fine and they’ll survive Schoen as well. Beane has put together a great group of talent evaluators and I suspect you’ll see one of Malik Boyd, Terrance Gray, or Brian Gaine take Schoens spot in the front office 

They all had excellent experience. It’s what we have to do, imo.

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Word is, he's probably bringing Daboll with him

What ‘word’? Who’s ‘word?’ You can’t just stop by and drop a turd here. Back up your take.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that both Frazier and Daboll already had interviews with the Giants this past Sunday?

Edit: OK, I see I was wrong...it was with the Bears and the Dolphins

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/15/brian-daboll-leslie-frazier-set-to-interview-with-bears-dolphins-sunday/

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Also might be a role for some our lower end FAs. If Dabes joins him watch for Isaiah McKenzie signing there. 

If McKenzie feels underutilized as many suspect, it might depend on who where he thinks is the best situation. If he thinks daboll is part of that reason then he might not follow him. But If he thinks daboll would use him more if he was the HC? 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

why would McKenzie leave?

To get a longer commitment and more money. The Bills have brought him back twice on cheap 1 year deals. Maybe the Bills are ready to commit to him but I think their tactic of the last two years of let him test the market and wait for him to come back would result in him joining the Giants. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.