Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's what happens when old owners would rather have "people they feel comfortable with" rather than the best person for the job.

You mean like when Ralph brought back Levy to be the GM because he couldn’t trust youngsters?

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would be amazed if we keep him this time. I was sure he would get a job last year. I am all but certain he will this time. 

What I am told is he an outstanding talent evaluator, and a huge part of the Bills. Beane trusts Schoen's talent evaluation over his own.

Well that’s not good. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/57838/joe-schoen

JOE SCHOEN,   BUFFALO BILLS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears requested an interview with Bills assistant general manager Joe Schoen for the team's general manager vacancy.

Chicago has now shown interest in current Texans GM Rick Smith, 49ers director of pro personnel Ran Carthon, Leslie Frazier, and Schoen. The latter's name was also linked to vacant roles with the Browns and Falcons over the last two seasons. One would imagine Schoen would simply bring Bills OC Brian Daboll along with him as Chicago's next head coach if hired.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Schoen, Daboll and Trubisky to the Giants makes a TON of sense.

Trubisky will have a ton of choices. I'm not sure why he should be mentioned with Daboll. He hasn't shown anything while under his watch. Most likely a team of Scoen and Judge , who I agree makes sense, will have Jones for a year or two while they look for their own QB to groom.

Edited by Beast

On 1/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, Nextmanup said:

Perennial contender? Let's not get too crazy here.

Buffalo is traditionally seen as the garbage dump of the league and we were irrelevant for an entire generation of football fans.

And then the current regime came in and turned it all around.

So there is going to be automatic interest in anyone and everyone associated with that.  

But these hiring teams are going to interview others as well and we don't know if we'll lose anyone yet for real.

The Giants are, more or less, a historically very well run franchise, too.

I still can't believe they did that.

A front office or two that has been gone for years was irrelevant with fans…this current group has completely turned around said irrelevant franchise with probably the gutsiest player evaluation/draft pick of all time in josh Allen 

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Trubisky will have a ton of choices. I'm not sure why he should be mentioned with Daboll. He hasn't shown anything while under his watch. Most likely a team of Scoen and Judge , who I agree makes sense, will have Jones for a year or two while they look for their own QB to groom.

He would have likely shown things to Daboll in practice and walkthroughs, doesn’t matter much what he’s shown to fans 

Interesting that the Giants waited to can Judge until this afternoon.  I wonder if some (all) of the GM candidates they asked to interview “sent word” through their representatives that they weren’t interested if Judge was retained.

I sure as hell would have.

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A front office or two that has been gone for years was irrelevant with fans…this current group has completely turned around said irrelevant franchise with probably the gutsiest player evaluation/draft pick of all time in josh Allen 

He would have likely shown things to Daboll in practice and walkthroughs, doesn’t matter much what he’s shown to fans 

Yeah, I get that. Practice is a hell of a lot different than games. I recall reports when JP Losman was the Bills QB of the ball rarely hitting the ground.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Yeah, I get that. Practice is a hell of a lot different than games. I recall reports when JP Losman was the Bills QB of the ball rarely hitting the ground.

Oh for sure…it’s not the end all but I’m sure Dabolls got an idea if he’d make a decent starter or not.  I doubt a team would bring Mitch in as the outright starter anyway but I could see him competing for the starting job against someone like Daniel jones

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

He’ll be competing against a kid most likely - helps him if he knows the offense already.

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Schoen, Daboll and Trubisky to the Giants makes a TON of sense.

I wonder who he’d prefer given the choice of Chicago and the giants.  Giants roster actually doesn’t seem that bad but judge coached them straight into the ground it felt like.  They were pretty competitive for long stretches then it seemed like judge lost the locker room and they shut down jones for the season whos not very good but nowhere near as bad as mike Glennon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.