Giants interview Schoen for their GM job [Edit: Now hired by Giants as GM]

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Giants request to interview Schoen for their GM job
Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Comes with the territory of being a perennial contender.

Upper echelon franchise problems.

Perennial contender? Let's not get too crazy here.

Buffalo is traditionally seen as the garbage dump of the league and we were irrelevant for an entire generation of football fans.

And then the current regime came in and turned it all around.

So there is going to be automatic interest in anyone and everyone associated with that.  

But these hiring teams are going to interview others as well and we don't know if we'll lose anyone yet for real.

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

Anyone who comes in to that job and says he's not going to draft a running back at #2 automatically has a leg up

The Giants are, more or less, a historically very well run franchise, too.

I still can't believe they did that.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Perennial contender? Let's not get too crazy here.

Buffalo is traditionally seen as the garbage dump of the league and we were irrelevant for an entire generation of football fans.

And then the current regime came in and turned it all around.

So there is going to be automatic interest in anyone and everyone associated with that.  

But these hiring teams are going to interview others as well and we don't know if we'll lose anyone yet for real.

The Giants are, more or less, a historically very well run franchise, too.

I still can't believe they did that.

It's what happens when old owners would rather have "people they feel comfortable with" rather than the best person for the job.

This would suck... but at the same time I have full confidence in Beane to find a suitable replacement. Crazy thing is, we have guys in house that can take over for Schoen. I know he's been a big part of things behind the scenes. 

Guys like Malik Boyd, Lake Dawson, Terrance Gray and Brian Gaine are more than capable.

We'd just be back filling one of their positions... probably even elevating Curtis Rukavina to replace who is promoted. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This would suck... but at the same time I have full confidence in Beane to find a suitable replacement. Crazy thing is, we have guys in house that can take over for Schoen. I know he's been a big part of things behind the scenes. 

Guys like Malik Boyd, Lake Dawson, Terrance Gray and Brian Gaine are more than capable.

We'd just be back filling one of their positions... probably even elevating Curtis Rukavina to replace who is promoted. 

How do you know any of these guys can capably replace Schoen - all the things he does and all the things he excels at?

My thought is that a team is only as good as it's players.  That means the scouting/personnel team too.  We don't want to lose any of our best players and that definitely includes Schoen.  

I have full confidence in McDermott but I would still worry if Allen left the Bills for another team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.