Bears request permission to interview Frazier

Process

Frazier has to be near the top of teams lists interested in a retread, especially when you look at his body of work in Buffalo and fielding the top ranked defense with no probowlers this year.

If we do lose him the silver lining is a guaranteed 3rd round pick and we can probably land Vic Fangio as new DC if we choose to look outside the organization.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I'd hate to see him go, but he deserves another shot. 

I hope we suggested Daboll to them. He is a super amazing offensive mind and I think he should be coaching Fields. 

Why so he can call the same QB draws and running plays to useless 3rd string RB's over and over?

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

McDermott went out of his way to be clear during his post-game presser that this is Frazier's defense.  It's not McDermott's defense.

I noticed that too. McD seems like a natural teacher/mentor type. I'm guessing he'd like to start a new dynasty: the McDermott coaching tree. Not from an egotistical standpoint, but to know that he's helped people to become what they're capable of being.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

I noticed that too. McD seems like a natural teacher/mentor type. I'm guessing he'd like to start a new dynasty: the McDermott coaching tree. Not from an egotistical standpoint, but to know that he's helped people to become what they're capable of being.

Well we get comp picks from it plus McDermott has always been the kind of guy to give everyone credit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

True.  Because of the Rooney Rule, certain guys have to get paraded in for interviews for the optics.  Too bad, I always thought that the Rooney Rule hurts the people it was meant to help.

It worked out well for Mike Tomlin. Rooney (the son) said that the rule was the only reason they interviewed Tomlin. He interviewed so well that they hired him.

Edit: That worked out well for the Steelers too.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Agree. Growth mindset is all about developing leadership.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.