Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

potential Special Teams blunders, icy cold weather, and arguably the GOAT coach on the other sideline.

I can TOTALLY see ways in which we lose this game.

I do NOT think it's going to happen however.  But it certainly COULD happen.

These 2 teams have already played 2 close games tougher; no reason to believe this won't be the 3rd.

A close game between division rivals who really know each other well, that great coaching for NE, and almost double digit negative temps with wind chill?

Are you kidding me?  One fumble could turn the outcome of this game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

These 2 teams have already played 2 close games tougher; no reason to believe this won't be the 3rd.

A close game between division rivals who really know each other well, that great coaching for NE, and almost double digit negative temps with wind chill?

The Bills won the 2nd by 12 points, and on the road where they've had trouble winning historically.  And the first was because of the wind.

Just now, Doc said:

The Bills won the 2nd by 12 points, and on the road where they've had trouble winning historically.  And the first was because of the wind.

They were both very close games until the end.   

NE had a real chance to win the second game in Foxboro...ended up 12 pts but that doesn't tell the story.

The first game they actually won! 

Not sure of your point.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

NE had a real chance to win the second game in Foxboro...ended up 12 pts but that doesn't tell the story.

Not sure of your point.

The Bills had just as much chance to win by 20 plus. 

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure of your point.

See below on the 2nd game.  As for the first, there were 50 MPH.  That's my point.

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The Bills had just as much chance to win by 20 plus. 

Yup.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkirchofer said:

Man, ESPN is all over New England this morning. If we lose this game, it will be up there with some of the worst playoff losses since we will never hear the end of it. It is going to be a long day until kickoff. 

The minute I saw your avatar as the most recent post in this thread I thought 1) haven't seen that fella much, almost forgot about him and 2) I bet it's a negative juju spew. Well done.

The circle jerk of media pundits is not a surprise. ESPN was annointing Mac Jones the new Brady and acting as giddy as a new bride when the Pats* were briefly at the top of the division. The hell with them and the hell with the negative karma. We are better than the Pats*. Time to lower the boom.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

The minute I saw your avatar as the most recent post in this thread I thought 1) haven't seen that fella much, almost forgot about him and 2) I bet it's a negative juju spew. Well done.

The circle jerk of media pundits is not a surprise. ESPN was annointing Mac Jones the new Brady and acting as giddy as a new bride when the Pats* were briefly at the top of the division. The hell with them and the hell with the negative karma. We are better than the Pats*. Time to lower the boom.

Yeah, sorry. Much to my chagrin, I am a naturally pessimistic person, especially when it comes to Buffalo. Something I am working on for sure.

That being said, I agree with you...and I think we punish New England tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jkirchofer said:

Yeah, sorry. Much to my chagrin, I am a naturally pessimistic person, especially when it comes to Buffalo. Something I am working on for sure.

That being said, I agree with you...and I think we punish New England tonight.

Fair enough. I am actually a natural melancholic as well, though for some odd reason it doesn't affect my take on the Bills.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Cheaterland is a much bigger market.  They need Cheaterheads tuning in.

• Like (+1) 1

The spread is only 4.5 points.  I don't think we will lose and in fact would be surprised if we did, but it wouldn't be CLOSE to a historically bad playoff loss IMO.

These teams are too close and they will be meeting for the 3rd time.

This game has "tight and close" written all over it.

Throw in the cold and it could break either way, in theory.

Hopefully the media would figure all that out.

Then again, hopefully they won't have to!  

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The spread is only 4.5 points.  I don't think we will lose and in fact would be surprised if we did, but it wouldn't be CLOSE to a historically bad playoff loss IMO.

These teams are too close and they will be meeting for the 3rd time.

This game has "tight and close" written all over it.

Throw in the cold and it could break either way, in theory.

Hopefully the media would figure all that out.

Then again, hopefully they won't have to!  

It's bad because it's the Pats, they dominated us for two decades, a full generation and just when we had them down they stick around. Not because the Pats are lousy.

Like I said, that's why I have anxiety. Plus I live in NE. 

I think we will win too, but it will be close and stressful...and I honestly think sloppy. Closer to the wind game than the foxboro game. This damn cold is no joke and for real, even Josh has never played in 0 degree type game. -13 this AM and miserable to be outside for a few seconds. It's a lot different than a 20-30 degree game.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe I am complacent but I do not think tonight is going to be close. The Bills by at least two touchdowns. 24-10 or 27-13.... something like that. 

My physical therapist asked me yesterday what I thought the score would be.  I said 27-13.  I feel that way as well.  

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think that's the only way we lose this game.  If we turnover the ball and special teams blunders.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure of your point.

No.  It doesn’t tell the story of sanders dropping a TD.  Of Kumerow dropping a TD of Daryl Williams penalty wiping out a knox TD.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

“Only an idiot”… seriously? 

I wanna watch a bills home playoff game live. I’ve prepped. I have air activated warming compression vest, mittens with hand warmers. Warm dry layers that I’ve worn outdoors in the elements in similar temps numerous times. 

im gonna correct you. ONLY AND IDIOT would go there and watch unprepared. My wife and I will honestly be just fine…. Maybe chill on that, bruh. 

That being said. I’d obviously rather it not be negative temps. BUT… I have a truck full of wood to burn and some crisp air to enjoy. I’m quite looking forward to my 11-12 hours in orchard park tomorrow. 

you’re right. That was a ***** statement by me. I apologize. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.