Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

9 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I was joking but its obvious that the Bills have center stage on the WNY sports scene.

Obviously the Bills take precedence. But I like watching the Sabres too.  Don Granato is their McDermott. It's just that they are still at square one. Long way to go still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Does WNY even know the Sabres exist right now? I would imagine they don't until the Bills season ends.

I mean, sort of? It has been more than 20 years since both teams were relevant at the same time, it is tough to remember what life was like back then. 

But right now? Still trying to forget the Sabres exist, especially with Eichel back at practice and Tyler Johnson getting pretty quick approval by the Blackhawks for the same exact procedure. 

Just now, Mango said:

I mean, sort of? It has been more than 20 years since both teams were relevant at the same time, it is tough to remember what life was like back then. 

But right now? Still trying to forget the Sabres exist, especially with Eichel back at practice and Tyler Johnson getting pretty quick approval by the Blackhawks for the same exact procedure. 

Well, the Sabres' doctor is some kind of expert on that procedure and he advised against it. Either the Pegulas were locked in on following his advice or the relationship with Eichel had become so toxic that the surgery was just cover for issues that were not going to get fixed even by a successful operation. If they had been willing to risk the surgery, I think they could have gotten a better return, but water under the bridge . . . 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, the Sabres' doctor is some kind of expert on that procedure and he advised against it. Either the Pegulas were locked in on following his advice or the relationship with Eichel had become so toxic that the surgery was just cover for issues that were not going to get fixed even by a successful operation. If they had been willing to risk the surgery, I think they could have gotten a better return, but water under the bridge . . . 

Dr. Andrew Cappuccino, the guy who saved Bills TE Kevin Everett, is the Sabres consultant. He's one of the doctors that developed the ADR procedure Eichel wanted so bad. He also performed more ADR surgeries than any other surgeon. So the guy has some credibility on the matter. He felt that the procedure is too risky for NHL players who could get slammed head-first into the boards.

• Thank you (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well that's kind of the point. Listing players that are hurt isn't an injury. 

If a player that's hurt is talking "vet days" or some such nonsense to manage reps...that's an injury that's supposed to be logged according to the league. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with who will be available on game day.

7 hours ago, MJS said:

What is odd about it? He is saying that the receivers are selfless and don't complain when they don't get the ball, that they root for each other to succeed and that positive energy helps the team. All he is doing is complimenting his receivers.

It's like the other poster said - it seems a bit directed at someone 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

all this pats love is going to make it so sweet when we blow them out of the water tomorrow night....   Bills are winning this game by 14+ 

The 5 coldest games in NFL history have all been fairly low scoring games with only 1 team winning by more than 7 points.  I'm not sure either team is blowing the other team out.

Raiders vs. Browns (Jan. 4, 1981): -4 degrees final score 14 - 12
Giants vs. Packers (Jan. 20, 2008): -4 degrees final score 23 - 20

Seahawks vs. Vikings (Jan. 10, 2016): -6 degrees final score 10 - 9

Chargers vs. Bengals (Jan. 10, 1982): -9 degrees final score 27 - 7 

Cowboys vs. Packers (Dec. 31, 1967): -13 degrees final score 21 - 17 

2 minutes ago, driddles said:

The 5 coldest games in NFL history have all been fairly low scoring games with only 1 team winning by more than 7 points.  I'm not sure either team is blowing the other team out.

A game of 1 degree in week 17 this season had a final score of 37-10. Packers over Vikings. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I've been saying this for years now, but Bruce Smith has aged extremely well.

He has ALWAYS looked like he was practically in game shape after his career ended.

So many big guys in this league turn into bloated whales in retirement...not Bruce.

He's 58 now...and staying in great shape.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, driddles said:

guess we'll see.... :)

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Skating isn't the issue. It's taking hits in games down the road. I hope for Eichel's sake (and Johnson's) that their doctors end up being proved correct. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, driddles said:

Anyone who bets the over (over under is 44 I believe) is nuts.

It COULD be a high scoring game, but all data says that is highly unlikely.

I expect a close, tight, low scoring game, with mistakes on both sides.

I'm thinking fumbles, drops, and dropped easy INTs will be seen.

The kicking game won't hardly exist.

2 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Skating isn't the issue. It's taking hits in games down the road. I hope for Eichel's sake (and Johnson's) that their doctors end up being proved correct. 

Luckily not a lot of hitting exists in the NHL anymore.  The league now looks much more like the Swedish Elite League than the NHL of the '70s, '80s, or '90s.

Remember Scott Stevens killing people in open ice?  Then, the mantra was "keep your head up, kid!" and Stevens was applauded as one of the greats of the game.  

Now, every one of those hits would result in fines and suspensions for Stevens.

It's a different league now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Anyone who bets the over (over under is 44 I believe) is nuts.

It COULD be a high scoring game, but all data says that is highly unlikely.

I expect a close, tight, low scoring game, with mistakes on both sides.

I'm thinking fumbles, drops, and dropped easy INTs will be seen.

The kicking game won't hardly exist.

why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.