Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

What an odd thing to say. It seems pointed.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

A bit odd for sure.

My mind immediately thinks Beasley. Maybe Sanders. Maybe both. 

But yea, it's not a good sign that McD is even talking like that 

We don't have any room for error in the pass gm.

What is odd about it? He is saying that the receivers are selfless and don't complain when they don't get the ball, that they root for each other to succeed and that positive energy helps the team. All he is doing is complimenting his receivers.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Patriots list 13 players as questionable on their injury report.   Is the BB playing mind games?

I bet we see most if not all play on Saturday night.

Bill is always playing mind games. Long ago he made the Injurt Report a meaningless thing for NE.

7 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Interesting...if you look at the game logs, it does seem like he runs most in the important or "big" matchups this year. 11 vs KC, 9 vs TEN, 12 vs NE for the division. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there.

It’s also possible that his scrambles are higher and designed runs lower. I don’t know the number this year or compared to previous years but I could see that giving a false sense of how often he runs.

20 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fans should always have faith their team will win.  That said if we had Brady back there and had lost 3 of the last 4.. I’d still expect to crush any team we faced! That said we don’t have Brady, we have a rookie who is supposedly playing threw numerous injuries and still an unknown asset for the long term.  Meanwhile the Bills have an established QB who no matter whose list is too 7 in the league with a D that is pretty good. 

In all honesty the Pats are like what Big Ben said of the Steelers. “ we suck and they are great so we just need go out there and have fun.” Aka all the pressure is on the Bills..

I think the Pats fans want it to be that way, but it’s not working out. Every national analyst I’ve heard do a prediction has picked NE to win. No one has said the Bills are great. Some of the reasons they use for their prediction don’t make a lot of sense to me, but they mainly focus on belichick. He is the reason why they will never be a true underdog. Yet he hasn’t ever won a playoff game without Brady - or a playoff game at all in 3 years. But I hope everyone keeps picking them and the Bills hear all about it. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Haven’t seen it anywhere, they have said it on sports radio (George & Max and Zola’s & beetle) that they have heard he is playing threw numerous injuries. It wouldn’t shock me if he was hurt but since he wasn’t limited in practice it wouldn’t show up.. (also explain that HUGE glove on his hand last week) I could also believe he hit the rookie wall I mean 17 games plus 3. Pre season.. that’s a lot more than what he is use to.. 

I said “pretty good” because IMO there are no truly elite or great D’s in the league this year. IMO all of them have an Achilles heal and against the wrong matchup can be exposed. Like IMO the Titan are your D’s worse matchup.. with a great run game and 2 very good WR they be hard press to stop them. Now I can be wrong but that’s my opinion. :)  (FYI doesn’t mean your team couldn’t win just that I think be very high scoring.)

Thanks, interesting about the Mac Jones injuries/ the glove on his hand, surprised it hasn't been picked up by the national guys as a talking point yet. And yeah very tough for rookies this year to be facing the new 17 game schedule plus preseason and playoffs, has to wear on guys like Jones, Barmore, and Stevenson who have gotten so many snaps (a really solid draft class IMO). The Bills are probably able to deal with this better than most with how much our defensive and offensive lines have rotated so our top four picks will hopefully not hit that same rookie wall. 

I agree with the bolded point above...no 2000 Ravens-type defense in the league this season (there aren't most seasons to be fair). Power running teams like the Titans or Colts (nice one Jacksonville!) are better suited to attack our defense and I get a bit nervous when you guys bring Onwenu in as the extra lineman on the right side and run sweeps behind that 700 lb wall of Brown/Onwenu. I still think on a relative scale though that the Bills defense continues to be underrated by most especially now that the defensive line rotation seems to be peaking and Harrison Phillips has been playing the best football of his career. 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Surely something has to be done by the league to combat this weaponization of the injury report. It's been going on for so long and I could be wrong, but I don't know if any other team does this. A questionable designation is supposed to mean that a player's status is 50/50, but I'd bet 80% or more of the Patriots questionable players wind up playing and starting the games. Fully expect all but one of these guys to be ready to go on Saturday (Wynn if I had to guess). 

Typical Patriots move (aside from the actual scandals over the years)...it's not technically illegal but it is against the spirit of the rules. 

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the Pats fans want it to be that way, but it’s not working out. Every national analyst I’ve heard do a prediction has picked NE to win. No one has said the Bills are great. Some of the reasons they use for their prediction don’t make a lot of sense to me, but they mainly focus on belichick. He is the reason why they will never be a true underdog. Yet he hasn’t ever won a playoff game without Brady - or a playoff game at all in 3 years. But I hope everyone keeps picking them and the Bills hear all about it. 

Saw Florio was one of those analysts that picked NE but he stooped so low as to harken back to memories of XXV with Belichick as DC and then predicted a 20-19 NE victory.  That is next-level douchbaggery.

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Knox promises he'll still be shirtless:

@muppy 👀👀

oh he'll be shirtless  sleeveless allright ....Hey dawson lots of scoring this Friday aka more TV  candid candy for muppy :-))))) *huge grin**  haha mgiphy.gif

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.