Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Does anyone know when the final weather thread comes out?

FINAL final?  You'll have to wait for the highly-anticipated "Post-Game Weather Thread", provided by those poor souls trying to get the f*#k out of the stadium at midnight.

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Nate Burleson picked the Bills to lose and predicted that Mac Jones would throw for more yards than Josh Allen (these were "bold" predictions, btw).

Burleson is a closet Bills hater and always has been. Not sure why.

"Mac Jones threw for a total of 164 yards in his two games vs. Buffalo during the regular season. He digs deep in his bag of tricks in Saturday night's wild-card game and leads the Patriots to an upset victory by throwing for more yards than Josh Allen."

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-super-wild-card-weekend-bold-predictions-mac-jones-outduels-josh-allen-benga

Also, Greg Rosenthal from NFL.com picked the Patriots to win. Rosenthal has always been an Allen doubter and still is:

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-wild-card-weekend-game-picks-2021-nfl-season

On the Boomer and Gio show at WFAN. Boomer picked the Bills but Gio picked the Pats.

47 minutes ago, MJS said:

Nate Burleson picked the Bills to lose and predicted that Mac Jones would throw for more yards than Josh Allen (these were "bold" predictions, btw).

"Mac Jones threw for a total of 164 yards in his two games vs. Buffalo during the regular season. He digs deep in his bag of tricks in Saturday night's wild-card game and leads the Patriots to an upset victory by throwing for more yards than Josh Allen."

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-super-wild-card-weekend-bold-predictions-mac-jones-outduels-josh-allen-benga

Also, Greg Rosenthal from NFL.com picked the Patriots to win. Rosenthal has always been an Allen doubter and still is:

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-wild-card-weekend-game-picks-2021-nfl-season

To say rookie Mac Jones has a "bag of tricks" and then suggest it's deep....is generous.

• Like (+1) 2

During the cold weather game the Pats won when Jones threw 3 passes the key was all the drops by the Bills WR.  I think the drops by the WR are a bigger issue than JA throws.  I think BB knows the WR drops can lead to tip INTs hence why I do not expect Jones to throw more than ten passes all game long again.  

20 minutes ago, Greg S said:

On the Boomer and Gio show at WFAN. Boomer picked the Bills but Gio picked the Pats.

Cowherd hedged.  He likes the Pats to cover +4, but picked the Bills 28-27.   He spent most of his picks segment talking about how much he likes the underdogs this weekend (except for Raiders).

1 minute ago, Bruce Smith said:

During the cold weather game the Pats won when Jones threw 3 passes the key was all the drops by the Bills WR.  I think the drops by the WR are a bigger issue than JA throws.  I think BB knows the WR drops can lead to tip INTs hence why I do not expect Jones to throw more than ten passes all game long again.  

I agree.  BB's whole strategy will be to quickly get this game to the 4th Qtr and have it be a 1 score game.  He will try to ball control the Bills with 6-Olinemen and slamming the run.   He will glady take Allen getting impatient and throwing risky passes.  One turnover either way could be the difference.  I expect Josh to run like a madman, 15+ runs,,,,many of the unscripted variety when his first look isn't there.  I think Allen's running will be the difference.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Does WNY even know the Sabres exist right now? I would imagine they don't until the Bills season ends.

I was in Buffalo in November 2018. The Sabres had a 10 game winning streak. Bills were 5-9 or something.  Couldn't find anyone on the radio talking Bills.  It was all Sabres.

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Cowherd hedged.  He likes the Pats to cover +4, but picked the Bills 28-27.   He spent most of his picks segment talking about how much he likes the underdogs this weekend (except for Raiders).

I agree.  BB's whole strategy will be to quickly get this game to the 4th Qtr and have it be a 1 score game.  He will try to ball control the Bills with 6-Olinemen and slamming the run.   He will glady take Allen getting impatient and throwing risky passes.  One turnover either way could be the difference.  I expect Josh to run like a madman, 15+ runs,,,,many of the unscripted variety when his first look isn't there.  I think Allen's running will be the difference.

Yeah I sort of hope Allen does that. Just takes off if nothing is there, even if he only gets 3 or 4 yards in early downs. I just hope they don't try to purposely injure him, not that I could imagine a Belichick team doing such a thing

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Burleson is not a Bills hater. Just because someone picks the other team doesn't make them a hater. We need to grow thicker skin.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Maybe its cuz he blew out his knee at the Ralph in week 1 2008 putting him out for the season?

https://www.nfl.com/news/burleson-suffers-knee-injury-out-for-remainder-of-season-09000d5d80aa7514

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.