Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

In all honesty the Pats are like what Big Ben said of the Steelers. “ we suck and they are great so we just need go out there and have fun.” Aka all the pressure is on the Bills..

Except I can't visualize a BB coached team "having fun". Dude is a great coach but he looks salty and sad all the time. And his personality rubs off on the team. Have you honestly seen his players look happy? Yea, they smile after winning but that's not what I am referring to. 

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I can totally relate

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

other than the week 16 game, Judon had been taking our lunch the last 3 games dating back to 2019.... here's to hoping dawkins builds off of his excellent showing vs. him in week 16.

If I’m BB, I line Judon up across from Spencer Brown all day.  In a game of matchups, that’s the matchup the pats need imo 

• Agree 1

Harrison Phillips says about the weather... "who gives a *****!"

The weather has been talked about all week regarding the Buffalo Bills’ upcoming wild-card matchup with the New England Patriots.

Playing a part there is the first time these two AFC East rivals met. In that outing, extreme weather via wind appeared to hamper the Bills (11-6) while helping the Patriots (10-7)., a game New England won.

Gor defensive tackle Harrison Phillips, the forecast nor the first match between these two is playing a part at all.

In fact, he had the most Buffalo-like answer possible when discussing the freezing temperatures that are being forecasted this weekend.

Worried? Nope. Nothing weather-wise will affect this man.

“I think it’s so funny how we try to find a narrative in these weeks and stuff. I mean look, the weather is completely out of our control and who gives a s— if it’s cold? Let’s just play football,” Phillips said via video conference. “If it’s four degrees, nine degrees, 20 degrees, it doesn’t matter, let’s just play the game.”

That mindset will be appreciated by western New Yorkers rooting on the Bills. Specifically by those who will be attending the contest and battling the elements with the players at Highmark Stadium.

One could expect that Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott likes this mindset from Phillips. Above all else, it shows he’s ready to go.

But that doesn’t mean the coach isn’t going to… coach.

McDermott acknowledged himself that preparations were underway for the weather. On Thursday, the Bills were practicing outside during a cold but not quite freezing afternoon.

Because it’s slated to be even chillier come Saturday, McDermott said the coaching staff froze balls even more than they already were for practice.

Aside from that, McDermott didn’t overcomplicate it much more than. He knows that many of us can understand the elements and difficulties ahead.

“Even when growing up playing in the backyard and it’s cold, I’m sure in Buffalo for a lot of people out there it’s the case at this time of the year. Trying to be out there and just playing touch football and tackle or whatever,” McDermott said via video conference. “Just trying to make sure we adapt our guys to that.”

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Coincidentally when the Bills actually started moving the ball offensively was when they went away from the running game and trusted their passing game…. They got into Patriots territory on their last 3 possessions of the game 2 of those possessions going into the wind where Josh threw it more than half the times he did all game. Didn’t say he was an idiot, but at half time he’s talking about how they needed to run the ball and can’t rely on Josh to win this game, while his QB clearly demonstrated the ability to be able to throw into the wind and I thought(as did many others) they waited way too long to drop the conservative approach and let Allen do his thing…. Here’s hoping they let Allen sling it Saturday night and McD stays aggressive as he did in the 2nd match up. 👌🏻

This is absolutely the right take on this game.  McD tried to play Billy’s game through the first half and beyond and that did not work offensively because that is not their strength and it was exactly the game Belichick was trying to sucker him into playing.  Once he let Josh be the superior athlete he is, for the most part, they started to move the ball.  The bills should have won this game. I believe they would have had McD gotten his head out of his behind sooner.  

He corrected this in the second game, instead dictating to the Patriots how the game would be played. 

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Coincidentally when the Bills actually started moving the ball offensively was when they went away from the running game and trusted their passing game…. They got into Patriots territory on their last 3 possessions of the game 2 of those possessions going into the wind where Josh threw it more than half the times he did all game. Didn’t say he was an idiot, but at half time he’s talking about how they needed to run the ball and can’t rely on Josh to win this game, while his QB clearly demonstrated the ability to be able to throw into the wind and I thought(as did many others) they waited way too long to drop the conservative approach and let Allen do his thing…. Here’s hoping they let Allen sling it Saturday night and McD stays aggressive as he did in the 2nd match up. 👌🏻

When the 4th quarter began, Allen was 6-15 for 79 yards.  If that's clearly demonstrating the ability to throw in that wind, I see now why you were a big Tyrod Taylor fan.

Why didn't we stick with the pass against the Falcons and ran Singletary so much?  Because those were difficult conditions as well and we needed the run game with Singletary.  Allen struggled passing that game too...should we just have kept passing with Allen to let him do his thing and not let Singletary run or something?

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

This is absolutely the right take on this game.  McD tried to play Billy’s game through the first half and beyond and that did not work offensively because that is not their strength and it was exactly the game Belichick was trying to sucker him into playing.  Once he let Josh be the superior athlete he is, for the most part, they started to move the ball.  The bills should have won this game. I believe they would have had McD gotten his head out of his behind sooner.  

He corrected this in the second game, instead dictating to the Patriots how the game would be played. 

What was the wind at Foxboro a few weeks ago?  Was it 60 mph gusts?  

I started thinking today that we might lose.  It's Belichick, it's the Patriots, it's been 2 decades of frustration.   The weather is going to be a factor again, it's been a weird season for us, it's hard to know what team we can expect.

Then I remembered we have Josh Effing Allen, and I started thinking about who we might face in round 2.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.