Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

So, who do you all got for the PR/KR this game? Does McD trust either McKenzie or Stevenson? 

i would actually go back to McKenzie on punt returns, as scary as that might be. 

I am fine with having Hyde back there to fair catch every ball, or just get away from it and let it bounce - a ST gaffe could be the difference in this game, and the cold slippery ball is going to be harder to catch and hold on to.  How many miracle ST gaffes and turnovers have the Cheaters won with over the years.  They are going to be especially focused on trying to strip the ball every play - turnovers are the great equalizer when the other team is better

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Motorin' said:

If they don't have symptoms, sure. But their cb Bryant was just out for 8 days with Covid. 

If Wade & Mills have symptoms, they'd be pretty stupid to have them pretend like they don't. 

why? its do or die, last game of the season. Lose and go home. You think Bill cares about his players health and rules? HA

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Belichick is also 1-2 in the playoffs if its his third time playing that team in the same season.

Scott, this was great.  Initially it was a beer from me and then in a matter of seconds it was, "no...no, that is trophy worthy."

I love that nugget.  Thank you, Sir.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Scott, this was great.  Initially it was a beer from me and then in a matter of seconds it was, "no...no, that is trophy worthy."

I love that nugget.  Thank you, Sir.

And that record was with Brady, I'm assuming?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I'll just stick with Micah Hyde at this point but I'd like him to actually catch the ball when it can be easily done. Against the Jets it seemed like they told him to never catch the ball, strangely.

He said after the wind was making it sorta impossible to field. I am with you though. Hyde all the way.  All I want for the postseason is to get the ball to josh after every punt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/kurt-warner-josh-allen-qb-review/

Kurt Warner doesn't think Josh can consistently take the layups.  Josh gon prove him wrong on this run to a title

It’s sort of true. It’s not like he can’t make the lay-ups— he just doesn’t take them.

I do wonder what Warner thought though of Josh in the last Bills/Pats game, because I have never seen Josh execute those check downs so well before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

And that record was with Brady, I'm assuming?

Doc, correction on my original post in addition to answering your question as best I can.

BB is actually 1-1 in the playoffs without Brady.  When he was HC of Cleveland he won in the 94 Wild card against New England 20-13, then lost to Pittsburgh.  He was 1-2, including post season, that year against Pittsburgh.  

I would imagine the other time would have to be the year he lost to the Jets in the post season as they are the only team they would have faced twice before and then lost. 

I totally get the worry that we all share as Bills fans, a worry that is intensified by the scars of dealing with the Pats and with Bill B.

But let me ask you. If the Bills had ended the season losing 3 of 4, and dropping from #1 in the conference to #5 and a wild card, having to go on the road to a famously difficult weather location against a team that beat them soundly just a couple of weeks ago, would we be feeling confident about the Bills' chances?

Just a bit of perspective.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I want to be very clear on this, because I am worried there is a little bit of confusion on this subject.  

I pride myself on being a man of faith...not exalting, but humble.  I try to carry myself that way, everyday, as best as I can to set an example for my family and to be a better person.

That said...I f***ing hate the Patriots.  I hate that team.  

I hate most of their smug, stuck up, "we're better than you even though we are jugheads" fans.

I hate those in the media that give accolades to this team I've labeled on twitter, Captain Junior and The Borings.  Their defeat WILL usher in a thousand years of peace and prosperity in our land.  They are the scourge of all things decent in our society.

I want them beaten and defeated more than I want a dry-aged and rubbed, rare cooked porterhouse steak, with garlic mash and a thick seafood bisque soup, drinking Crown Royal Reserve (chilled, but neat) while on the back of a  unicorn and watching Roadhouse at a drive-in theatre on a warm summer Saturday night...with subtitles in Mandarin, because that's the way I roll, Jelly.

All of us here come from differing backgrounds and differing beliefs in other facets of our life.  That is OK as our differences help make us stronger.

But what unites us is our common love of this team, and what seals it is also our mutual hate of THAT other team.  

God bless to all peace loving people...even those we want to eviscerate on Saturday.

GO

BUFFALO

BILLS!

...because I'll be damned if our team makes me want to do anything other than make very loud and emotional proclamations...along with some kicking heels up and the throwing back of the dome on my shoulders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 9

27 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

I totally get the worry that we all share as Bills fans, a worry that is intensified by the scars of dealing with the Pats and with Bill B.

But let me ask you. If the Bills had ended the season losing 3 of 4, and dropping from #1 in the conference to #5 and a wild card, having to go on the road to a famously difficult weather location against a team that beat them soundly just a couple of weeks ago, would we be feeling confident about the Bills' chances?

39ED2F86-A582-4C4B-9E3F-FF7F6BF4138A.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Fans should always have faith their team will win.  That said if we had Brady back there and had lost 3 of the last 4.. I’d still expect to crush any team we faced! That said we don’t have Brady, we have a rookie who is supposedly playing threw numerous injuries and still an unknown asset for the long term.  Meanwhile the Bills have an established QB who no matter whose list is too 7 in the league with a D that is pretty good. 

In all honesty the Pats are like what Big Ben said of the Steelers. “ we suck and they are great so we just need go out there and have fun.” Aka all the pressure is on the Bills..

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fans should always have faith their team will win.  That said if we had Brady back there and had lost 3 of the last 4.. I’d still expect to crush any team we faced! That said we don’t have Brady, we have a rookie who is supposedly playing threw numerous injuries and still an unknown asset for the long term.  Meanwhile the Bills have an established QB who no matter whose list is too 7 in the league with a D that is pretty good. 

In all honesty the Pats are like what Big Ben said of the Steelers. “ we suck and they are great so we just need go out there and have fun.” Aka all the pressure is on the Bills..

Because we all know that Bill Belichek is all about fun. 😉

I know I will be watching on Saturday with all the fear, loathing, excitement, and nervousness of nearly five decades of Bills fandom. I don't make predictions and don't let my hopes get too high. I just want to see them win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Pats are paying with house money at this point, I agree. However, going out there and having fun kinda flies in the face of the "Patriot Way" a bit. 

I think there is a LOT of pressure on the Pats...Bill Belichick is their coach. Everyone kisses the rings. Media has fawned over Jones all season. He's the "New Brady" according to some. And to some...these are the same 'ol Bills that will choke in the bright light despite what they have shown for the last few years. Being we have taken 3 of the last 4, pressure is on the Pats to step up. 

Serious question: Has anyone never taken 3 out of 4 from a BB coached Pats team? Or 4 out of 5?

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Pats are paying with house money at this point, I agree. However, going out there and having fun kinda flies in the face of the "Patriot Way" a bit. 

I think there is a LOT of pressure on the Pats...Bill Belichick is their coach. Everyone kisses the rings. Media has fawned over Jones all season. He's the "New Brady" according to some. And to some...these are the same 'ol Bills that will choke in the bright light despite what they have shown for the last few years. Being we have taken 3 of the last 4, pressure is on the Pats to step up. 

Serious question: Has anyone never taken 3 out of 4 from a BB coached Pats team? Or 4 out of 5?

I know Bill is the GOAT HC but isn't his record without Brady around .500. 

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wrong.

There's plenty of pressure on the Pats. Just a few weeks ago the were the "top dog". You don't get to pick and choose. 

And stop with the numerous injuries BS. They're ALL dealing with injuries.

Screw The Pats and their nation!! 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.