Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

I’m just glad we aren’t Ohio!! My eyes hurt simply watching Bungles vs Brownies. Orange and Brown yuck, and too close in ways. 

Stick with the real Ohio colors, scarlet and gray

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bill Belichick has never opened the playoffs on the road.

Also, his last playoff game he still had Brady and they lost in the wild card at home

13 minutes ago, beebe said:

Really annoying to see this.   It’s of our own doing.  Obviously we wouldn’t have a dome now anyway, but since we’re not getting one, this will continue to be an issue.  As well as vax requirements that likely isn’t a huge number, but could be the difference between this and a sell out - I know it took the option for myself and a few others to fly up for the game off the table. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I have two answers to your question:

The non-friendly answer, since you're a Pats fan, is...there are 64+ games worth of highlights available on Youtube, go find out for your damned self!!!!

...but the friendly answer is that yes, he has shown the ability to use touch at a high level over the past few seasons. That said, his receivers have been dropping more passes than usual in the recent string of cold weather games, and it sure looks like it's because Allen is putting a bit too much mustard on them.

I think the issue is that it has been cold AND windy.  I think Josh has been hearing a lot of "He was drafted to play in the bad weather of Buffalo with his strong arm" and has really focused on gunning it to overcome the wind...but the cold hands of receivers then become an issue.  He probably overcompensated a bit...and put zero touch to show he could beat the wind (and that kind of overcompensation is typical of Josh) but he also has shown he learns fast and re-adjusts after the overcompensation.  I think I heard him saying something about needing to take a little off when the receivers hands are too cold...so he is learning.  Also, wind is not supposed to be as much of a factor Saturday, so I expect to see more touch.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve definitely improved running the ball the past 4 weeks or so… how many rushing yards did Josh account for against Atlanta? Almost all of those rushing yards weren’t by design either…. A bigger focus on the ground game just because it’s cold makes little sense to me considering the strength of the offense is the ball in Allen’s hands…. Unless it’s Josh making plays with his feet.

They most certainly have and better late than ever with timing. Now BB and Pats D will respect it a little more 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve definitely improved running the ball the past 4 weeks or so… how many rushing yards did Josh account for against Atlanta? Almost all of those rushing yards weren’t by design either…. A bigger focus on the ground game just because it’s cold makes little sense to me considering the strength of the offense is the ball in Allen’s hands…. Unless it’s Josh making plays with his feet.

I hear ya.  But in this game of chess you have to look at the matchups too.  The pats greatest strength is their pass D.  It’s the only reason they’re in the playoffs. Their run D has been much worse than ours and ours is considered poor (but 13th overall).  

Regardless of whether it was a big game or not, McD knew that we had to improve our run game somewhat.  We had to continue to evolve as an offense.  We had Sweeney out there for heavy sets in that game. It’s didn’t work. From there, we moved to Doyle.  Things have now improved, partly because we swung and missed with Sweeney in that first matchup.

It’s a long season and the key is to play your best going into the playoffs. As important as each win is during the season, getting better and revolving is more important.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Does anyone know what time the gates close? 

I’ll be showing up at or around game time… if I have any delays I’ll probably miss the 1stQ. Want to make sure I get in…

From the latest Bills email to ticket holders:

• If you arrive to the gates any time after 7:15 p.m. or within 60 minutes prior to the start of the game, you may be in jeopardy of missing kickoff and a part of the game.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I hear you too, but I have no doubt BB would love and embrace a Bills offensive game plan that gives Josh Allen less opportunities. No question about it.

Will be fine as long as running game continues on like it has. Josh can sometimes need less and use the help and will open it up more for Josh when he does pass

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

They most certainly have and better late than ever with timing. Now BB and Pats D will respect it a little more 

Their run defense was peak bad last week. Miami has the worst rushing offense in the league and they ran all over the pats. The pats had to know they were going to  RPO all day and it looked like they never even practiced defending it. 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I hear you too, but I have no doubt BB would love and embrace a Bills offensive game plan that gives Josh Allen less opportunities. No question about it.

It doesn’t really matter what he’d embrace.  

If we have the same success running the ball that we have had recently, he’ll be in a world of pain.  Let’s not act like they have a good run D.  Just 4 days ago, the vaunted Miami dolphin run game handed them for 196 yards rushing.  Yes….THAT Miami dolphins run game, with Duke Johnson.  If they can run on them, so can we.  Josh can still throw the ball 35-45 times as long as we’re getting first downs.  

Obviously we all know the Pats are gonna run the ball… I’d say their game plan would be to run 25-30x tops. Limit Mac Jones under 20 pass attempts is probably what they think is a winning recipe….

With that said, I see them trying to get Hunter Henry the ball early and often. Short quick passes in the flats, TE pops and just some simple 5 yard 3 step drop type plays. I honestly don’t see BB wanting Mac to be sitting in the pocket trying to figure out our defense… 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.