Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

4 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

New protocol is 2 negative tests, 1 of which must be a PCR. So if he tests negative on a PCR on Friday, he can then take an at home rapid test 20 minutes later and if he tests negative he is good to go. 

If he is unvaccinated he is out the minimum of 5 days and would miss the game

It's like statistically impossible to test negative less than 5 days later. That's also for asymptomatic. If symptoms I believe 5 days minimum. 

3 minutes ago, Golden said:

Andy Hart

@JumboHart

About two weeks after Rodney Harrison said the same thing. Guess the

@TheHall

#Patriots DBs all agree about the young QB.

Quote Tweet

WEEI

@WEEI

· 1h

Ty Law: Mac Jones has hit the rookie wall

He's hit the talent wall.  It dumbfounds me anyone sees anything beyond mediocre game manager with him - he'll be in the same body next year and the years after

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

He's hit the talent wall.  It dumbfounds me anyone sees anything beyond mediocre game manager with him - he'll be in the same body next year and the years after

Asshat Nick Wright weirdly said something similar, basically NE made things as easy as possible for him starting out but now that they're asking more out of him he just doesn't have it so far.

24 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

We play on turf?  What type of astropotato did they grow. 

• Haha (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

He hit the “film” wall too. Teams got film on him in their offense and now he will need to overcome what they scheme against. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He hit the “film” wall too. Teams got film on him in their offense and now he will need to overcome what they scheme against. 

Yes - routes 7 yds and under

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they just need to test clear for two days.

Just read some of the new rules, two days to clear for asymptomatic vaccinated players. But the new rules also specify testing of vaccinated players only if they are symptomatic or a close contact. So he might have been tested due to symptoms.

If a player is symptomatic they can't test out. They need a minimum of five days and negative test...

We don't know if Mills is symptomatic. But Bryant was, and he was out for 8 days. 

Edited by Motorin'

25 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

It's like statistically impossible to test negative less than 5 days later. That's also for asymptomatic. If symptoms I believe 5 days minimum. 

They’re doing something wonky with testing where tests you and I would consider positive end up being negative according to the NFL…not sure what metric they look at but they’ve set some bar for ‘recovered enough to play without being contagious’

13 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Willie McGinest laughing at Robinson for suggesting JA17 was MVP. 

44 TDs...Literally he's top 5 ...we get no respect. 

Pats players that get into commentating end up being the biggest homers 100% of the time 

26 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I’m kind of with you…he really hasn’t been asked to do much.  He had one impressive game against the browns where he dropped all kinds of difficult throws into tight windows but that seems like an outlier now that we have a whole season of data.  Pats are very much a high floor/ low ceiling team that is going to consistently play pretty well but struggle to keep up with the top afc teams.  

50 minutes ago, stevewin said:

What people see in him more than anything is his aptitude for the game. He’s very smart on the field; seems to understand why defenses are doing what they’re doing. That’s not insignificant, especially for a rookie.

But yeah, his physical limitations will be a detriment at times. When DCs figure out what you can’t do, it’s easier to take away what you can do. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What people see in him more than anything is his aptitude for the game. He’s very smart on the field; seems to understand why defenses are doing what they’re doing. That’s not insignificant, especially for a rookie.

But yeah, his physical limitations will be a detriment at times. When DCs figure out what you can’t do, it’s easier to take away what you can do. 

He made some very rookie ‘I don’t understand the game’ mistakes down the stretch though…but he’s got a chance to show what he can do when it really matters this weekend.  ‘Smart on the field’ for him has really been hitting guys that were schemed wide open so far…not saying he can’t do more but he really hasn’t been asked to. 

Everyone is saying "rookie wall" about Jones now.  He was never that good.  He'd complete a few consecutive 7 yard passes and everyone would swoon over his accuracy, but he was never asked to do anything beyond basic game management, for a team focused on the D and run game.

He's exactly what scouts said he'd be:  the most pro-ready in the draft, but the lowest ceiling.  I'd be stoked if the Pats stuck w/ him. Wilson will be better in the long run, imo.  Possibly even Tua.

If he wasn't a Patriot, he never would have gotten the hype that he was getting mid-season.

• Like (+1) 4

I think I would send the house on Jones in the 1st quarter and see how reacts to some free rushers. Just like the Bills did to Wilson all last game. But unlike the Jets the Pats will react. So I would open the game that way then settle back. I think you can get a few turnovers at the start of the game here.

25 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think I would send the house on Jones in the 1st quarter and see how reacts to some free rushers. Just like the Bills did to Wilson all last game. But unlike the Jets the Pats will react. So I would open the game that way then settle back. I think you can get a few turnovers at the start of the game here.

I say do that until Jones proves he can handle/counter it. Of course with the weather he may not pass very much...

42 minutes ago, Success said:

Everyone is saying "rookie wall" about Jones now.  He was never that good.  He'd complete a few consecutive 7 yard passes and everyone would swoon over his accuracy, but he was never asked to do anything beyond basic game management, for a team focused on the D and run game.

He's exactly what scouts said he'd be:  the most pro-ready in the draft, but the lowest ceiling.  I'd be stoked if the Pats stuck w/ him. Wilson will be better in the long run, imo.  Possibly even Tua.

If he wasn't a Patriot, he never would have gotten the hype that he was getting mid-season.

Doesn’t seem to ever have to throw with much anticipation so he is impossible to evaluate…he is almost always hitting a receiver on a wide open drag or some other route 5-10 yards downfield.  ‘ He’s doing a good job with what he is asked to do ‘ was just about the most positive thing you could say about him up until some critical afc tilts late in the season where he couldn’t even play at that level.  

not sure what the pats saw in him…I mean maybe I’m wrong belichick’s football knowledge far surpasses mine 😂 but it kind of felt like they threw an early pick away just to be kinda sorta competitive in the short term.  They may beat us I mean anything can happen in a single game playoff setup…but there’s almost no chance they string together 4 wins in a row against these playoff caliber teams.  I feel like a qb drafted in the mid to late rounds would be perfectly capable of what mac has been asked to do this season so it is a bit of a head scratcher.  Josh was a huge risk sure…but the upside/potential was clear. 

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I say do that until Jones proves he can handle/counter it. Of course with the weather he may not pass very much...

He will pass more than last game he against Bills. Also, someone mentioned upthread that as of now, winds look to be calm. If that's the case, imo he could have anywhere from 15-25 attempts possibly. 

They know Bills will be ready for run game. Majority of how ever many attempts he does get will likely be P/A. But he's going to have to throw more in playoff game

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

He will pass more than last game he against Bills. Also, someone mentioned upthread that as of now, winds look to be calm. If that's the case, imo he could have anywhere from 15-25 attempts possibly. 

They know Bills will be ready for run game. Majority of how ever many attempts he does get will likely be P/A. But he's going to have to throw more in playoff game

Honestly looked like the pats gameplan was gonna be more pass heavy last time but we rattled mac right from the very first drive so they had to revert to the wind game gameplan.  Tons of extra blockers/linemen declaring eligible and not a lot of passing targets 

53 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I think they historically do the opposite. They usually try and get away with rushing 4 early, and bring out heavier blitz packages later in the game. 

I don’t expect this week to be any different

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.