A reason to root for the Chargers

oldmanfan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

9 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I can’t believe people still don’t know we’d play the Cheatriots if the Raiders wun.  And I can’t believe how many people do not understand the phrase rubber game of the match.

It's probably because the term is rubber match,  not rubber game.

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

chargers coach should be fired

that timeout cost his team a playoff spot. raiders were going to run the clock out for the tie.

I agree.  It was asinine to call timeout and i thought that at the time, just like millions of other football fans.  Just break it down to this...  the entire goal for the Chargers in that moment should have been to get the clock to show 0:00.  That was their only chance to get in.  Don't call timeout, you let the Raiders snap the ball with 34 seconds left on a running clock, maybe they rush for 5-7 yards? who knows... but the game likely ends there with the Raiders huddling up and not risking a fumble or blocked FG.   Staley calling timeout changed the Las Vegas mindset there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.