2nd and 3rd quarter…….we should’ve been a run 1st offense

streetkings01

It was obvious the wind was an issue. If we ran more in the 2nd & 3rd quarter against the wind this game wouldn’t have been close.

Josh Allen w/ the wind: 12/15 122 yds 2 TD
Josh Allen against wind: 12/30 117 yds 

I’d say the wind did more to neutralize our offense in quarters 2 & 3 than the Jets defense did. Daboll has to do a better job when it comes to bad weather games.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

You really think Daboll understands things like wind?

Plus, we have to save all our run plays for 2nd and 10 from the 15 yard line

Daboll is great at neutralizing our home field advantage, so is our Hack of a punter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I agree,  it was mostly the wind, but even going into the wind,  there were three more  passes that could have easily been TDs.  Two where the receiver only got one foot down and a third where the Jets DB interfered with Diggs in the endzone that forced a FG attempt 0:04 left in the half. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

It was obvious the wind was an issue. If we ran more in the 2nd & 3rd quarter against the wind this game wouldn’t have been close.

Josh Allen w/ the wind: 12/15 122 yds 2 TD
Josh Allen against wind: 12/30 117 yds 

I’d say the wind did more to neutralize our offense in quarters 2 & 3 than the Jets defense did. Daboll has to do a better job when it comes to bad weather games.

You are correct

Honestly , I did not think the wind/cold was a huge factor other than on a couple of passes (I.e. the Potential TD pass that bounced off Diggs’ hands that Josh muscled in there). 

The whole offense was out of sorts for much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Some of that was due to poor play calling, especially in the red zone. Some of it was due to drops (Davis had a tough game), some near misses (at least 3 where the receiver could not quite get 2 feet down), and where Josh and the receivers were not on the same page ( one entire 3-and-out series in the 3rd quarter). 2 promising drives were also killed due to stupid penalties.

Also, good things rarely happen when Moss comes in for Singletary. Daboll does some things very well, but he seems to struggle sometimes recognizing game flow and getting Josh and the offense into a rhythm.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted this elsewhere but think Allen needs to learn to take something off the fastball.  It may be OK in September an October, but with a wet, cold, hard ball coupled with a receivers wet cold hands just doesn't work well.   There were a number of dripped passes too.   But hard to say if Allen did take something off on some of those passes, would he have been able to get the ball to where it needed to get to?

10 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Honestly , I did not think the wind/cold was a huge factor other than on a couple of passes (I.e. the Potential TD pass that bounced off Diggs’ hands that Josh muscled in there). 

The whole offense was out of sorts for much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Some of that was due to poor play calling, especially in the red zone. Some of it was due to drops (Davis had a tough game), some near misses (at least 3 where the receiver could not quite get 2 feet down), and where Josh and the receivers were not on the same page ( one entire 3-and-out series in the 3rd quarter). 2 promising drives were also killed due to stupid penalties.

Also, good things rarely happen when Moss comes in for Singletary. Daboll does some things very well, but he seems to struggle sometimes recognizing game flow and getting Josh and the offense into a rhythm.

Wind was definitely a factor ……I just post Josh’s numbers with and against the wind…..nite and day. I believe Hyde explained in his presser that the wind was similar to the Patriots Monday Nite game. 

Those 2 drives that were killed because of penalties……weren’t they both run plays for big gains?

10 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Run first sounds great - but - when you don't have a stud/break-away back it makes things difficult!

You don’t need a stud RB to run the ball heavily for 2 quarters. Into the wind our offense should’ve been run 1st mixed in with a ton of play action……instead we chose to constantly throw the ball deep.

11 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Posted this elsewhere but think Allen needs to learn to take something off the fastball.  It may be OK in September an October, but with a wet, cold, hard ball coupled with a receivers wet cold hands just doesn't work well.   There were a number of dripped passes too.   But hard to say if Allen did take something off on some of those passes, would he have been able to get the ball to where it needed to get to?

Man, if only there was a way to deflate the football a little bit...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Process said:

You really think Daboll understands things like wind?

Plus, we have to save all our run plays for 2nd and 10 from the 15 yard line

According to Pro Football Reference, we've scored the 3rd most points of ANY team in the league!! 3rd guys, 3rd!

What the hell are any of you complaining about?!? What more do you want?!?

While I'm at it, we're #1 in points against too! 

IMO,  any complainer is a dumb@$$!

Phew, that felt good!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.