Chiefs v Broncos (Eagles v Cowboys page 23)

ColoradoBills

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ill take this outcome...

Bills, Bengals, Titans, Colts, Miami, Raiders all win.

Titans Bye

Pats at KC

Colts At Cinci

Raiders At Bills

For that we need wins for the Bengals, Colts, Titans, Bills, Dolphins and Raiders. Steelers at Ravens doesn’t have an impact, except if the Colts lose.

With all of the other above results remaining the same but…

The Bengals lose - we’ll be at home to the Colts

The Colts lose - If the Steelers win, they’ll go into the Play Offs instead, as seven seed. The Pats move up to sixth and we’ll still get the Raiders. If the Ravens win, the Colts are seventh seed instead.

The Titans lose - The Bills still get the Raiders. Titans slip to third with Bengals second; Chiefs get the bye.

*Gulp* The Bills lose - Actually very little changes; we remain at four and face the Raiders

The Dolphins lose - Pats move up to fifth and visit the Bills; Raiders drop to six.

The Raiders lose - Bills get the Colts. 

ETA - if the Chargers beat the Raiders then we’ll want the Pats to beat the Dolphins. The Pats will then be number five seed and come here.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Um, it's his BROTHER. He's gonna stick up for him no matter what. And he should.

I disagree that ‘he should.’  He can be a role model and sit his brother down, and out of love, tell him that he doesn’t approve of what little ‘Mahoms’ is doing. You can still love and support someone, and discipline them at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry, I can’t get the playoff machine to work on my phone, dunno wtf is up other than my tech skills.

So who do we play if:

Bills win

colts win

titans win

bengals LOSE. 

pats win

chargers win: do we play the colts? 

raiders win: do we play the raiders?

@Big Blitz @Billznut @Brianmoorman4jesus @Steptide @motorj @stevestojan @RobbRiddicksTDLeap @Process @Heitz @Evian @RaoulDuke79

Not saying the model is perfect but like expected analytics says that kicking FG actually IS playing to win (more often than going for TD)

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

@Big Blitz @Billznut @Brianmoorman4jesus @Steptide @motorj @stevestojan @RobbRiddicksTDLeap @Process @Heitz @Evian @RaoulDuke79

Not saying the model is perfect but like expected analytics says that kicking FG actually IS playing to win (more often than going for TD)

Yeah I actually don't think the kick was a terrible decision. 4th and 9 is a no win situation. Even if they had gone for it and converted a TD they still would have needed to stop KC one more time. At least kicking the FG leaves you with a chance to get the ball back and win with a TD. The bigger problem was the two shots into the endzone on 2nd and 3rd down that left them in a 4th and 9.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Appreciate the data.  Thanks - and I get it.  

I just think you have a few factors worth considering here.

So ok.  You need a stop no matter what right?  Wouldn't you want to get that stop at the Chiefs own 10 rather then the 25 or beyond after kick off - not a huge deal but they are pinned deep.  

It's the Chiefs.  I'm not betting on getting the ball back.  

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yes because getting 4th and 9 is very unlikely. It's not decision-bot hard there.

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Appreciate the data.  Thanks - and I get it.  

I just think you have a few factors worth considering here.

So ok.  You need a stop no matter what right?  Wouldn't you want to get that stop at the Chiefs own 10 rather then the 25 or beyond after kick off - not a huge deal but they are pinned deep.  

It's the Chiefs.  I'm not betting on getting the ball back.  

If the model is correct then everything you mention is already accounted for, that is the point.

First bolded - yeah it si easier to stop them from own 10 than 25, but in first case you lose by 7, whereas in second scenario you only lose by 4. Thats the difference. TD wins the game.

Second bolded makes little sense. If you are not getting the ball back, you already lost the game. They have 4.37min and a good kicker. There is NO WAY you win that game without getting the ball back, thats the point. 

11 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

If the model is correct then everything you mention is already accounted for, that is the point.

First bolded - yeah it si easier to stop them from own 10 than 25, but in first case you lose by 7, whereas in second scenario you only lose by 4. Thats the difference. TD wins the game.

Second bolded makes little sense. If you are not getting the ball back, you already lost the game. They have 4.37min and a good kicker. There is NO WAY you win that game without getting the ball back, thats the point. 

To me it's what we're my odds of stopping them, then getting the ball back and going down and scoring.

I had those odds at - I hated them.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.