Holy comp picks coming our way!

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Hughes, Addison, Sanders, Trubisky, Butler, Boettger, Wallace, Jones, Obada, Breida, Phillips, Zimmer, McKenzie, Neil are all UFA.  With our cap constraints, I can't imagine us making any big signings.  IMO we must extend Harrison and Levi, and maybe Siran.  I know the NFL comp awards system always screws Bills, just like the refs.  But everyone of those players will sign somewhere IMO.  Put that in your pipe NFL comp man- we will be awarded several comp picks, it's inevitable

I’d like to see McKenzie Re-signed.  I think he has a lot of potential as an offensive weapon

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not bad for a #2 CB playing the way he has... he's our #1 the rest of the way. His market could change depending on how he does in the playoffs and I hope it does.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Spotrac has a market value on Levi of 3 years $17M.  It seems about right so it will come down to cap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/levi-wallace-25587/market-value/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You really think we are gonna let Wallace go?

I think there’s a chance depending on the market. Wallace is a guy I’d always like to upgrade but never want to leave. In part time work Dane Jackson has played well enough, at least comparable to the production we’ve gotten from Wallace in seasons past. 

That’s sort of the reason I could see them being unwilling to pay. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Hughes, Addison, Sanders, Trubisky, Butler, Boettger, Wallace, Jones, Obada, Breida, Phillips, Zimmer, McKenzie, Neil are all UFA.  With our cap constraints, I can't imagine us making any big signings.  IMO we must extend Harrison and Levi, and maybe Siran.  I know the NFL comp awards system always screws Bills, just like the refs.  But everyone of those players will sign somewhere IMO.  Put that in your pipe NFL comp man- we will be awarded several comp picks, it's inevitable

I don't think Beane cares about comp pick as much as his own standard 7 round picks guaranteed each year.

Also we can get a 3rd rounder for Frazier if he gets hired somewhere because of the new minority rules/incentives.

Most of these guys though aren't going to be as attractive as some may think to other teams:

Hughes/Addison/Sanders - may have value to other contenders looking for pure veteran depth with no guarantees they make the final 53 man roster and none are going to get a bid contract elsewhere given their age and current production levels.

Trubisky - can fetch a better deal somewhere to compete to start.

Butler - would be surprised if he's even on an NFL roster next year.

Boettger - Bills would probably try to keep if cheap

Wallace - I think he may finally get decent money elsewhere that we won't want to match

Jones - ST only player and not worth more than minimum at this point

Obada - has shown flashes and may be able to resign cheap again for larger role in 2022

Breida - likely gone and 3rd string role on another team

Phillips - would resign but might all of a sudden becoming too expensive for Bills

Zimmer - probably can get him back cheap if we want

McKenzie - another cheap resigning unless other teams focus on the Pats game and offer a huge deal

Neil - probably won't command much on market either

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Isn't it a predetermined formula that is applied equally to all teams?

• Haha (+1) 1

Beane screwed the Bills out of a 3rd round pick for Gilmore by keeping a terrible WR that could have been replaced with anyone and a FB.   

Assuming the bring back Wallace, I can't see any of those players getting big contracts.  If they let Wallace walk it could get interesting.  I'm not really sure what his market it.  How often does a young CB that has 2 years of starting come to market and not get a high salary? And as others have said, Trubisky could be a wild card as well.  

My guess is they bring back both Wallace and Trubisky and they maybe net a 7th comp pick.

Not to get off topic, but I'm still pretty surprised that Hughes is sitting at 1.5 sacks through 16 games (normal season).

I know some will tout 'pressure rate' and other things with him but this total is the 3rd worst of his career after his first two seasons in Indy when he had 0 and 1 sack respectively.

And outside of the two outlier years with Doug Marrone and Jim Schartz/Mike Pettine where he had double digit sacks, it's probably safe to say he's definitely washed and this very well may be his last year in the league period.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

No way.  But if Levi wants to test market- he will get PAID

Two biggest questions this offseason regarding our FAs.

What kind of a salary will Levi command? 

How much will Harrison command?

Fill those positions (cb2 and 1T) + and work on the OL while adding a playmaker @ WR and a TE2.  I expect us to resign Hughes to a reduced contract. Rousseau, Basham, AJ and Jerry next year.  If they let Jerry walk, I could see us giving Obada another contract.  

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, Pete said:

You lost me right here-that’s too much whining/crying for me

2 hours ago, Logic said:

You left out the most important comp picks of all:

If Leslie Frazier gets hired away to be a head coach somewhere, the Bills will receive compensatory 3rd round draft picks in 2022 and 2023 drafts.

Not bad.

That would be fantastic.

Hughes, Addison, Sanders, Trubisky, Butler, Boettger, Wallace, Jones, Obada, Breida, Phillips, Zimmer, McKenzie, Neil are all UFA. 

Hughes and Addison will be gone.  The reason Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham were drafted was to replace those guys (and be better than them too).

Sanders will move on.  He's lost a couple of steps and Davis is ready to take his place.

Trubisky was always going to be gone.  He came in on a one-year deal to resurrect his career.  He hasn't had much of a chance to play this year, but so many teams are desperate for starting QBs that he'll get a chance to start somewhere else.  But if nothing else is available, I think he'd be happy to come back and the Bills would be delighted to keep him.  Probably won't happen though.

Butler and Star will both be gone.  Phillips has finally recovered from his knee injury and is showing the production we were expecting before he got hurt.  Phillips gets resigned and a new DT will be drafted even if Zimmer shows he's ready to go after his injury. Star and Beasley have covided themselves out of jobs. I think Obada will stick around, being cheaper than other players.  Butler might be back but he's been a huge disappointment and can easily be replaced at lower cost.

Beasley is still our best slot receiver but he's slowing down, and McKenzie is growing into that role.  Beasley is also far more expensive than McKenzie.  Plus, the covid stupidity.

Boettger will probably be back since he's a versatile and pretty good player.  A lot depends on injury recovery since he got hurt so late in this season.  

I actually think Jones sticks around since he's so valuable on STs.  Breida is the RB who will be somewhere else next year.  

For-sure re-signings are:  Wallace, Phillips, McKenzie, Neil

Likely re-signings depending on injury recovery are:  Boettger, Zimmer

Probable re-signings are:  Jones, Obada

Gone are: Star, Hughes, Addison, Butler, Sanders, Trubisky, Beasley, Breida, 

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

That would be fantastic.

Getting the draft picks would be fantastic.  Losing Frazier, not so much.

13 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Hughes, Addison, Sanders, Trubisky, Butler, Boettger, Wallace, Jones, Obada, Breida, Phillips, Zimmer, McKenzie, Neil are all UFA. 

Hughes and Addison will be gone.  The reason Epenesa, Rousseau, and Basham were drafted was to replace those guys (and be better than them too).

Sanders will move on.  He's lost a couple of steps and Davis is ready to take his place.

Trubisky was always going to be gone.  He came in on a one-year deal to resurrect his career.  He hasn't had much of a chance to play this year, but so many teams are desperate for starting QBs that he'll get a chance to start somewhere else.  But if nothing else is available, I think he'd be happy to come back and the Bills would be delighted to keep him.  Probably won't happen though.

Butler and Star will both be gone.  Phillips has finally recovered from his knee injury and is showing the production we were expecting before he got hurt.  Phillips gets resigned and a new DT will be drafted even if Zimmer shows he's ready to go after his injury. Star and Beasley have covided themselves out of jobs. I think Obada will stick around, being cheaper than other players.  Butler might be back but he's been a huge disappointment and can easily be replaced at lower cost.

Beasley is still our best slot receiver but he's slowing down, and McKenzie is growing into that role.  Beasley is also far more expensive than McKenzie.  Plus, the covid stupidity.

Boettger will probably be back since he's a versatile and pretty good player.  A lot depends on injury recovery since he got hurt so late in this season.  

I actually think Jones sticks around since he's so valuable on STs.  Breida is the RB who will be somewhere else next year.  

For-sure re-signings are:  Wallace, Phillips, McKenzie, Neil

Likely re-signings depending on injury recovery are:  Boettger, Zimmer

Probable re-signings are:  Jones, Obada

Gone are: Star, Hughes, Addison, Butler, Sanders, Trubisky, Beasley, Breida, 

Getting the draft picks would be fantastic.  Losing Frazier, not so much.

I think this is almost completely correct.

Except for Jones.  He has so many years his vet minimum is going to be 1.5+ million.  Too expensive for an aging special teamer.  Mattakavich may also be gone.

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think this is almost completely correct.

Except for Jones.  He has so many years his vet minimum is going to be 1.5+ million.  Too expensive for an aging special teamer.  Mattakavich may also be gone.

I see your point about Jones.  You could be correct about him.  But Matakevich I think is back for sure.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There can’t be another fan base around that cares about these comp picks. Our roster is incredibly deep. Draft picks almost have no way on to the roster or field. Who cares? Load up these picks and use them for 1 or 2 excellent players. We don’t need more depth or volume.

Beane can always use more bullets for the gun.  If he really believes that many drafted players have no chance to make the team, he can work to move up in the draft and get fewer but higher quality players.  It's too early to tell where the roster openings will be and much too early for the fan base to worry about it.  I trust that Beane will orchestrate this to a good outcome.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.