Ideal 1st round playoff scenario. What's yours?

Hermes

1st round playoff preference  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Time slot

• Saturday Early
    • Saturday Late
    • Sunday Early
    • Sunday Late
    • Monday Night
  2. 2. Team

• Raiders
    • Patriots
    • Colts
    • Chargers

All the touchy-feely stuff referenced in the OP isn't going to help us win a game! 

Josh throwing the football is going to win the game, and if it's THAT cold and at night, it only helps Mac Jones close the gap to Allen.  

This would be a pretty bad scenario, actually.

We want unseasonably nice weather for any game we play at home (or on the road for that matter) this year.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Disadvantage due to less rest.  Also dont want to wait all weekend for our game.  I also think it will be blistering cold out there. Thats not good for the fans nor is it good for the team.  Extra day min that one of our guys could test positive for covid.   Those are my negatives.  I really dont see any positives to it.

This x10000....this damn Covid variant is as unstable and unpredictable as my wife's cooking....I take that back, her cooking is slightly worse.

• Haha (+1) 2

• Hermes changed the title to Ideal 1st round playoff scenario. What's yours?
2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

These threads are proof positive that the people who post here are a TINY fraction of Bills fans. 

So many (on these boards) want to hide at 1PM and never have night games...

"We never win in Prime Time"

"I need to have my warm milk and be tucked into bed by 7:00"

THIS is Bills Mafia? The crazed fans who show up at the airport in the middle of the night?

LOL

If you want to be a real Super Bowl contender, you are going to have (lots) of night games because the entire country wants to see your team in Prime Time. The league wants to showcase your team and your QB. That's a good thing.

We had plenty of 1:00 games for 20 years. 

I just think that threads like this (and the dome/no dome threads) make it seem like the majority want one thing, when it's the majority of a very small portion of the fanbase that still uses message boards, so it's deceiving. 

Nothing against message boards, we all obviously enjoy these forums, but we're a handful of people in the grand scheme. Most sports fans WANT their team on prime time in the bright lights. Or else why bother? 

Don't be afraid of being a top team! this is what we always dreamed of for 20 freaking years of watching drought era teams that struggled to score 17 points and when 200 yards passing for a game was a huge accomplishment. 

Bring on a home playoff night game! 

What a great sentiment. I have two young kids and staying up late to watch the game with my wife can be a hassle. But man, you just can't beat it. I get so pumped for those games and stay up way later thinking about it. I never regret it in the morning and win or lose I'm wearing my Bills gear proud the next day

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

These threads are proof positive that the people who post here are a TINY fraction of Bills fans. 

So many (on these boards) want to hide at 1PM and never have night games...

"We never win in Prime Time"

"I need to have my warm milk and be tucked into bed by 7:00"

THIS is Bills Mafia? The crazed fans who show up at the airport in the middle of the night?

LOL

If you want to be a real Super Bowl contender, you are going to have (lots) of night games because the entire country wants to see your team in Prime Time. The league wants to showcase your team and your QB. That's a good thing.

We had plenty of 1:00 games for 20 years. 

I just think that threads like this (and the dome/no dome threads) make it seem like the majority want one thing, when it's the majority of a very small portion of the fanbase that still uses message boards, so it's deceiving. 

Nothing against message boards, we all obviously enjoy these forums, but we're a handful of people in the grand scheme. Most sports fans WANT their team on prime time in the bright lights. Or else why bother? 

Don't be afraid of being a top team! this is what we always dreamed of for 20 freaking years of watching drought era teams that struggled to score 17 points and when 200 yards passing for a game was a huge accomplishment. 

Bring on a home playoff night game! 

You're hitting on what I consider to be a really interesting topic here, though it deserves its own dedicated thread.

Namely, the community's views HERE form a tiny percentage of Bills fans' views overall, and what amounts to a majority view here would likely not be a majority view among all Bills fans at large.

The vast majority of people who contribute to these sorts of online sports message boards are overwhelmingly kool aid types looking for a "booster club" environment to cheer on the team.

Nothing wrong with that, but in my experience of actually talking to real Bills fans in the real world for 50 years, your average fan is not like that at all.  They are much more objective and maybe even pessimistic.

I have often wondered why the Kool Aid Konnection exists in the online environment, but I don't have an answer.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're hitting on what I consider to be a really interesting topic here, though it deserves its own dedicated thread.

Namely, the community's views HERE form a tiny percentage of Bills fans' views overall, and what amounts to a majority view here would likely not be a majority view among all Bills fans at large.

The vast majority of people who contribute to these sorts of online sports message boards are overwhelmingly kool aid types looking for a "booster club" environment to cheer on the team.

Nothing wrong with that, but in my experience of actually talking to real Bills fans in the real world for 50 years, your average fan is not like that at all.  They are much more objective and maybe even pessimistic.

I have often wondered why the Kool Aid Konnection exists in the online environment, but I don't have an answer.

Oh come on.

A solid segment of the population on chat boards, and often a majority of those who post regularly, are self-defined "realists" who think they are better fans because they find new things to criticize all the time. You know, the sort who accuse other fans of drinking Kool-Aid. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Those conditions are no disadvantage to Cheats who play in an open air stadium.

In fact they were able to win without a dome in past so evidently having a dome is not a requirement.

i still think the wind game was a net disadvantage for the pats but we executed so poorly on so many plays that most people wont see it that way.  wind certainly didnt cause breida to drop a handoff right in his gut...that was a minimum 3 points early on just thrown away.  pats crossed midfield 3 times and won the game...our starting field position was better than midfield a decent amount of times.

• Like (+1) 1

There is no Saturday early game this year. The only daytime game will be Sunday at 1. All others at 4:35 or later.

20 hours ago, Governor said:

I’m still mad that playoff games don’t start at 12:30 like they used to.

Agree. That felt special for some reason.

20 hours ago, ganesh said:

Every time the Bills enter a game with a "Underdog" mentality they come out with flying colors (May be not the win, but play an exciting game).   I think this brings the Juice in Josh up but at the same time he plays with the right caution.   (Pats-2nd-game, Tampa Bay, KC are good examples). 

Every time the Bills enter a game where they are favored to win, the Bills team gets overconfident and tries too much nonsense and it hits them hard.  Sometimes they do win but the performance is seen as very poor (Miami, Atlanta are good examples)

I want the Bills to be an Underdog in every game from this point including the Jets...

This guy gets it.

To me the Sunday 1pm game is for boring teams/games it's like @TheFunPolice was saying; the better the team the more primetime action and I want the Bills to get as much showcasing as they can stomach.

Also, the extra day of rest is really overblown by a large portion of fans, there's not many times when one extra day of rest/recovery keeps players out of games.  In terms of game planning and schemes, the coaches aren't going to radically alter the playbook or add entirely new plays in between games. At his point it's about adding wrinkles to the game plan and expecting that the players, who know the system, can adapt and adjust. 

For all of the fans who suffer from bbptsd(or whatever it's called) how cathartic will it be when the Bills crush the Patriots, in the playoffs, and in primetime. There's nothing I look forward to more as a fan of this team than the prospect of embarrassing the Patriots, and showing the league who's the class of not only the AFCE, but the entire NFL.

P.S.

Don't look now; but the Bills have won 3 in a row, and might quietly be, the hottest team in the league 😉

Edited by Hermes
Punctuation

9 hours ago, Hermes said:

What a great sentiment. I have two young kids and staying up late to watch the game with my wife can be a hassle. But man, you just can't beat it. I get so pumped for those games and stay up way later thinking about it. I never regret it in the morning and win or lose I'm wearing my Bills gear proud the next day

Agree...For me the 1 pm game starts at 11:30 pm and finishes at 2:30 AM and I still have to get up to get the kid ready for school.....and I haven't missed a single game in 11 years !   Go Bills !

21 minutes ago, Hermes said:

For all of the fans who suffer from bbptsd(or whatever it's called) how cathartic will it be when the Bills crush the Patriots, in the playoffs, and in primetime. There's nothing I look forward to more as a fan of this team than the prospect of embarrassing the Patriots, and showing the league who's the class of not only the AFCE, but the entire NFL.

P.S.

Don't look now; but the Bills have won 3 in a row, and might quietly be, the hottest team in the league 😉

The only thing this team should be focused is on beating the Jets this Sunday !

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

i still think the wind game was a net disadvantage for the pats but we executed so poorly on so many plays that most people wont see it that way.  wind certainly didnt cause breida to drop a handoff right in his gut...that was a minimum 3 points early on just thrown away.  pats crossed midfield 3 times and won the game...our starting field position was better than midfield a decent amount of times.

If we had stopped the run, then we would have won.  They gave a 50+ yard TD...and that was the difference in the ball game.

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Agree...For me the 1 pm game starts at 11:30 pm and finishes at 2:30 AM and I still have to get up to get the kid ready for school.....and I haven't missed a single game in 11 years !   Go Bills !

The only thing this team should be focused is on beating the Jets this Sunday !

If we had stopped the run, then we would have won.  They gave a 50+ yard TD...and that was the difference in the ball game.

There were a lot of ‘differences in the ball game’ in that game.  If we had executed on one more play offensively or defensively we win.  Breida fumble … diggs hit in the arm with a td ball…Knox dropped a wide open 3rd down conversion early in the game then couldn’t come down with a 50/50 ball the rest of the game.  Bass missed that fg.  A bunch more but I don’t like to think about that game too much 😂

I like the Bills in prime time but Monday night means a shorter day's rest for the next game.  Sunday early gives the team their regular routine and allows those who work the night shift during the week to kick back and watch football on Sunday's like usual.

Saturday at 4:30 vs the Cheaters.

Time to bury the former owners of this division once and for all in front of the world :)

All Hail the new Kings....the Buffalo Bills :)

Then the Colts if they survive... because they didn't get the A game the last time.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, Scott7975 said:

I really dont want the Monday night game.  That is probably why we will get it.

I really don’t understand why they have a Monday night game at all. If you have a team playing on Saturday in wild card weekend who gets to match up against the team who just won on Monday night they already have a two-day head start. 

It doesn’t make sense that they want a Monday night game in the playoffs but not the last week of the season either. Just ridiculous 

• Agree 1

If Rodgers doesn't get covid the Chiefs might be battling for a playoff spot right now. Also if KC didn't win the toss in OT vs. the Chargers, their fate is very different now. KC is not invincible as the NFL media want to push with false narratives. The chiefs have been fortunate in 2022.  

I think the Bills are best equipped to stop a high octane passing attack. I am not really scared of any team besides the Colts. The Pats are worrisome a bit as I think they are good defensively and well coached enough to make it one possession game late with a low margin for error but I still think the Bills would win that game. The Chargers and Raiders are pretty one dimensional passing offenses. I think the Bills would fare best against either (although I would take the Raiders over Chargers as I think Carr is worse than Herbert.) 

Just avoid the Colts honestly is my mentality. Although I think the Bills would be better prepared against the Colts this time around. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.