Ideal 1st round playoff scenario. What's yours?

Hermes

1st round playoff preference  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Time slot

• Saturday Early
    • Saturday Late
    • Sunday Early
    • Sunday Late
    • Monday Night
  2. 2. Team

• Raiders
    • Patriots
    • Colts
    • Chargers

Imagine if you will, it's 8 pm Monday January 17th 2022. The temperature is 17° with a wind chill of 12° the slight breeze feels bitter cold and there's a few flakes falling, a light dusting of snow coats the field.  The Bills led by Josh Allen enter the stadium and the crowd erupts. The noise of the fans seems to be magnified by the Monday night lights and the frigid temps. The stadium is absolutely electric as the fans get ready for the show. 

These Bills have been preparing for this moment for a long time.  The quiet confidence they exude riles the fans up even more.

It's time for Bills vs Pats PT. III

Edited by Hermes
Added poll
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I really dont want the Monday night game.  That is probably why we will get it.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No

I'm curious why not? 

I get the extra day of rest but I don't think that's a huge deal breaker. (I'd be curious to see how teams fare the following week after a Monday night game, a very brief Google search yield no results)

I can't imagine a better game for Bills Mafia to go absolutely mad for. Would Mac Jones even be able to complete a pass? How much extra juice would the defense get in front of the home crowd. What a fun game that would be

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

I'm curious why not? 

I get the extra day of rest but I don't think that's a huge deal breaker. (I'd be curious to see how teams fare the following week after a Monday night game, a very brief Google search yield no results)

I can't imagine a better game for Bills Mafia to go absolutely mad for. Would Mac Jones even be able to complete a pass? How much extra juice would the defense get in front of the home crowd. What a fun game that would be

Disadvantage due to less rest.  Also dont want to wait all weekend for our game.  I also think it will be blistering cold out there. Thats not good for the fans nor is it good for the team.  Extra day min that one of our guys could test positive for covid.   Those are my negatives.  I really dont see any positives to it.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Every time the Bills enter a game with a "Underdog" mentality they come out with flying colors (May be not the win, but play an exciting game).   I think this brings the Juice in Josh up but at the same time he plays with the right caution.   (Pats-2nd-game, Tampa Bay, KC are good examples). 

Every time the Bills enter a game where they are favored to win, the Bills team gets overconfident and tries too much nonsense and it hits them hard.  Sometimes they do win but the performance is seen as very poor (Miami, Atlanta are good examples)

I want the Bills to be an Underdog in every game from this point including the Jets...

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hermes said:

Imagine if you will, it's 8 pm Monday January 17th 2022. The temperature is 17° with a wind chill of 12° the slight breeze feels bitter cold and there's a few flakes falling, a light dusting of snow coats the field.  The Bills led by Josh Allen enter the stadium and the crowd erupts. The noise of the fans seems to be magnified by the Monday night lights and the frigid temps. The stadium is absolutely electric as the fans get ready for the show. 

These Bills have been preparing for this moment for a long time.  The quiet confidence they exude riles the fans up even more.

It's time for Bills vs Pats PT. III

Normally i have to pay $9.99/minute to hear talk this sexy...... watcha wearin'?

• Haha (+1) 4

These threads are proof positive that the people who post here are a TINY fraction of Bills fans. 

So many (on these boards) want to hide at 1PM and never have night games...

"We never win in Prime Time"

"I need to have my warm milk and be tucked into bed by 7:00"

THIS is Bills Mafia? The crazed fans who show up at the airport in the middle of the night?

LOL

If you want to be a real Super Bowl contender, you are going to have (lots) of night games because the entire country wants to see your team in Prime Time. The league wants to showcase your team and your QB. That's a good thing.

We had plenty of 1:00 games for 20 years. 

I just think that threads like this (and the dome/no dome threads) make it seem like the majority want one thing, when it's the majority of a very small portion of the fanbase that still uses message boards, so it's deceiving. 

Nothing against message boards, we all obviously enjoy these forums, but we're a handful of people in the grand scheme. Most sports fans WANT their team on prime time in the bright lights. Or else why bother? 

Don't be afraid of being a top team! this is what we always dreamed of for 20 freaking years of watching drought era teams that struggled to score 17 points and when 200 yards passing for a game was a huge accomplishment. 

Bring on a home playoff night game! 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.