flashback 2018 espn draft coverage of Josh pick

First Round Bust

3 hours ago, elijah said:

Just for some fun: 

I haven't revisited this thread since 2018.

Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane or what I like to call "Amnesia Lane".

I wonder how many posters changed their names since then?

Anyone still worried about the 2 2nd round picks the Bills wasted?

Josh Allen was suspected of being anything from a "white supremist" to a "Jesus freak"!  LOL.

I'll LAMP here and say my only comment concerning the pick was that the Bills need to get Jordan Palmer to keep working with Josh.

The first day of the 2018 draft turned out to be my best day as a Bills fan and that goes back longer than I want to think about.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

When I'm having a bad day, I play this ... 

At least he was confident in his ability.

One thing I will say about Rosen though is there were circumstances to start his career that simply were not fair (i.e. being taken in the top 10 in 2018 only for a new regime to draft Murray #1 overall the very next year).

I think at this point though there's a distinct reason he's bounced around so much to start his career and who knows if he will even last as a backup much longer.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't watch college football but before that draft I watched highlights of all 5qbs of that draft and I desperately wanted Allen only. He effortlessly threw for 50-60 yards, 40yards on the run. And I have been sick for years of Bills QB like Edwards, Fitz and so on who couldn't pass for 20 yards. 3rd & 8 meant usually end of drive. Now it's a warm up for Josh.  I wanted such type of QB with canon arm, although Aikman spoke about accuracy and it was a concern as Aikman looked like QB expert. 

Draft was at deep night Moscow time. I fell asleep when Bills were low on draft board before 2 trades up, so I hadn't much hope. When I woke up next day and found out Bills have drafted Allen I was happy. It was 1st time ever Bills drafted #1 prospect of my wish list.   

really kind of boggles my mind so many people missed on Josh.  Seems like nfl scouts really overrate guys from all those big schools with great recruiting that have a near nfl roster of talent.  Id rather have the guy with the physical skills that had to face teams like ohio state with absolute scrubs on his team for a couple years.

Just for fun:

Here are the post draft threads on TBD after Allen was drafted.....

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Just for fun:

Here are the post draft threads on TBD after Allen was drafted.....

The best quote from Gunner on his initial thread.

"I would love to be here in 5 years time with Allen having a huge new contract and me having "I did not believe in Josh Allen" on my signature. I don't think it will happen, but I genuinely hope it does.   "

I loved the pick and was hoping it would be Allen.  I figured nothing worked for the team before that so just go big and take the risk on him, even though he had a less than stellar college career. I knew if he panned out, he would be amazing and that has been proven true. I believe Josh was born to play for Buffalo. There isn’t another QB who better fits his team/ city than him.  Sometimes you just have to wait for good things to happen.

I remember seeing Allen for the first time in the Infamous college game against Iowa st where he threw five interceptions, hearing that he was a first round prospect and thinking "great watch the Bills be the team dumb enough to pick him".  

I had a more open mind at the time of my post that was referenced a couple posts back but remember thinking that he would need a couple years on the bench to have a chance at being good.    I also thought that Sam Darnold was the most complete QB before than draft so it tells how much I know.

I am glad to be wrong on Allen, but I think that he has exceeded almost everyone's expectations by now.   The only question will be whether him or Jim Kelly will be seen as the best Bills QB of all time when Allen's career is done.

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

The best quote from Gunner on his initial thread.

"I would love to be here in 5 years time with Allen having a huge new contract and me having "I did not believe in Josh Allen" on my signature. I don't think it will happen, but I genuinely hope it does.   "

And if we still had signatures I would have. I hated the pick but I said in that thread the next day I would give him, like any other Bills player, a fair crack at it and I have only ever assessed Josh since by what he did on the field. I didn't bang on about my draft evaluation of him for 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And if we still had signatures I would have. I hated the pick but I said in that thread the next day I would give him, like any other Bills player, a fair crack at it and I have only ever assessed Josh since by what he did on the field. I didn't bang on about my draft evaluation of him for 3 years. 

I am with you on that.. I also wanted the other Josh.  But the moment I saw Josh come to the podium, it felt the kid had something to prove (especially what happened on the day before the draft).   The leak actually may have helped the Bills for Allen to slide down to 7.  Go Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.