Bills have underperformed this year by 2+ wins

Big Turk

Based on the Expected win/loss totals, the Bills should be 12.2-3.8...obviously can't have a fraction of a win or loss so 12-4 would the rounding points...

Which would be good for first overall seed right now...frustrating to be in this position when they had so many winnable games they should have taken care of business in.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Based on the Expected win/loss totals, the Bills should be 12.2-3.8...obviously can't have a fraction of a win or loss so 12-4 would the rounding points...

Which would be good for first overall seed right now...frustrating to be in this position when they had so many winnable games they should have taken care of business in.

Doesn’t matter if they win out from here. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Link?  Is this based on a Pythagorean calculation (aka point differential)?

I’m not sure what the league average is in one score games but it’s most certainly not O-5  or anywhere close to that. It’s probably somewhere close to 2-3 or 40%.

Yeah if the bills just somehow found a way to win two out of their 51 score games they’d be leading the conference. That’s not asking the world of the team.

We can likely view this as a positive going into next season in that it’s unlikely they will duplicate a 0–5 record in the same games.

• Like (+1) 1

They have not been mentally prepared to take every teams best shot each week and ramp up the intensity. Kelly talked about how that was an issue with the Bills in 1989 after getting to the AFC Championship in 1988. They went from 12-4 to 9-7 and that was a big reason why he said...

This Bills team seems to be following suit.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I’m not sure what the league average is in one score games but it’s most certainly not O-5  or anywhere close to that. It’s probably somewhere close to 2-3 or 40%.

The league average in one score games is 50% one team wins and the other loses. 

Edited by iccrewman112
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When they win the Super Bowl, I presume you already have your criticism ready to go?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

When they win the Super Bowl, I presume you already have your criticism ready to go?

I don't think that is happening this year. Kinda expecting them to lose in the divisional round...and follow the same pattern the 88-89-90 Bills followed...

AFCG loss -> Divisional Round Loss -> Super Bowl(Hopefully they break the trend there and win)

• Like (+1) 1

Well the Titans game was a bad qb sneak away from a likely win.  The Jags game was insanely winnable - Davis drop on 2nd and 7, and the whiffed pass pro by daryl williams was the next play which knocked buffalo out of tying field position and resulted in 4th and 16.  Davis catches that pass and its 1st and 10 inside the 30 yard line with 3 timeouts.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah if the bills just somehow found a way to win two out of their 51 score games they’d be leading the conference. That’s not asking the world of the team.

We can likely view this as a positive going into next season in that it’s unlikely they will duplicate a 0–5 record in the same games.

I posted this in another thread regarding MVP voting. If you look at one factor this year that goes toward overall success in the performance of Allen and the team, it is close games.

If you look at the top 9 QBs this year, every one of them has at least 2 game winning drives - except Allen. Allen has 0 4th quarter comebacks and 0 GWD. Of 28 QBs with at least 11 starts, he is 1 of only 4 who do not have at least 1 GWD (Wentz, Mayfield, and Wilson being the others).

Compare that with what he did in his previous 3 years.

829343463_GWD4QCB.thumb.jpg.75cd0bb1f9132755ed4260268ec746d0.jpg

If Allen pulls out just two of them, Tenn and TB (where he was in a great position to do so), and, right now, he would have 2 4QC and 2 GWD, the Bills would have a 12-4 record, they would have won the AFC East, and own the #1 Seed. Even with the performance in the Atlanta game, I believe he would be in the running for MVP. 

I'm certainly not putting all the blame for the losses in close games on Allen. I just think this year has been an anomaly for him and, for me, the greatest concern going into the playoffs: They just haven't been able to pull out wins in close games.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We are winning, it's better then losing, we've got a chance to repeat as the cream of the AFC East, blown calls have snuffed out comebacks, along with the league admitting to missing calls right in front of their own officials, and the guys blink, flinch, and don't want to upset guys like Tampon Tom CryBrady.  

33 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Funny I had between 4 and 6 losses. 3 if I wore the rose colored glasses 

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Unless the Bills get to the SB this year, not taking care of business against the Steelers and Jaguars will come back to haunt this team in hindsight.Win both those games and they are in the driver seat right now for the #1 seed even with the head to head tie breaker in the Titans favor.

Even in splitting those games they would have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs and ensure themselves two home games again like last year.

The only silver lining with the Bills current situation is that they seem to be better on the road this year (especially Allen) which is the path they will have to take should they get to the SB.

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Football ain’t round

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Shouldn’t it be .500?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.