[Name Only Title] Calvin Ridley

Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

But do we have any idea what caused the player to just walk away from the season, and where things stand now? Your post seems to be ignoring some important questions...

He apparently took time off because of his mental health but it looks like he might not want to play for Atlanta anymore

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He apparently took time off because of his mental health but it looks like he might not want to play for Atlanta anymore

Right, so is the mental health circumstance resolved already? If the medical reason given (mental health) for his uncommon and expensive early-season leave of absence is true, then aren't there a number of questions that need to be answered before any team, including his own, pursues his on-field services?

Seems like you're glossing over some essential human stuff in search of talent.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's going into the final year of his rookie contract. Imagine him on the other side of Diggs. In his situation, I'm not sure what the Falcons would want but I would gladly take him for a 2nd

He's going into the 5th year option year, where he'll get about $11M.

Maybe he's worth it, but that would be hard for the Bills to fit. They could sure use him. I'm a bit worried about his mental health issues. Are they real? Are they temporary? Whatever he's going through, they'd need a real degree of certainty to make a move like this in a year when they've got limited resources.

I doubt it, but it would be interesting.

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well that could be true the state of Georgia only cares about two things The Atlanta Braves then everything else I could see wanting to go to more of a football environment  

• Disagree 1

Why do we need this guy?  We can't afford him and we want to keep a good team in tack around Josh so we can be a fixture in the AFC playoffs for years to come.  Where would he play? Are you taking Davis off the field? I wouldn't do that he is a stud and every time he is on the field he makes plays. If you bring in Calvin what are you saying to Davis that he isn't good enough? If we keep bringing in other receivers then when Davis's contract is up he will no doubt walk and then what does that leave us.  We have to take care of our own.  I say don't even bother with Calvin and build within.  I hope we don't bring in anyone else next year and give that job to Davis hands down.  I am very happy with Diggs, Davis, and McKenzie as our top three...Beasley is still under contract next year we can use him draft another late rounder and go from there.  I also think we will see more from Stephenson next year so lets see what we got with him too.  We have a great foundation for longevity here lets not chase guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Rather spend the money on someone who isnt prone to leaving the team with mental health issues.   If they aren't real, he quit on his team.  If they are real, they just dont go away with rest.  Real mental health issues take time, and have a tendency to reoccur. 

Good wideout, but bring in a mid tier veteran or mid round rookie to compete with the Gabe Davis who has already been here busting his butt for the team.   Not to mention the 11 million dollar cap hit.

37 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

Why do we need this guy?  We can't afford him and we want to keep a good team in tack around Josh so we can be a fixture in the AFC playoffs for years to come.  Where would he play? Are you taking Davis off the field? I wouldn't do that he is a stud and every time he is on the field he makes plays. If you bring in Calvin what are you saying to Davis that he isn't good enough? If we keep bringing in other receivers then when Davis's contract is up he will no doubt walk and then what does that leave us.  We have to take care of our own.  I say don't even bother with Calvin and build within.  I hope we don't bring in anyone else next year and give that job to Davis hands down.  I am very happy with Diggs, Davis, and McKenzie as our top three...Beasley is still under contract next year we can use him draft another late rounder and go from there.  I also think we will see more from Stephenson next year so lets see what we got with him too.  We have a great foundation for longevity here lets not chase guys.

We can afford him. The cap is going up a lot next season. And do we absolutely need him? No but the idea of having him with Diggs would make the offense even more dynamic 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

He's going into the 5th year option year, where he'll get about $11M.

Maybe he's worth it, but that would be hard for the Bills to fit. They could sure use him. I'm a bit worried about his mental health issues. Are they real? Are they temporary? Whatever he's going through, they'd need a real degree of certainty to make a move like this in a year when they've got limited resources.

I doubt it, but it would be interesting.

Beasely and Sanders free up cap space next year, we would be fine. 

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

No thanks, don't need to babysit a head case that might just walk away from the game at any point. 

He is literally the exact opposite of a head case? 

He wanted to work on his mental health, so he stepped away instead of doing the Antonio Brown, etc etc. I actually think that shows maturity more than anything or am I missing something?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.