Bills vs. Jets Tickets Selling as low as $8

JohnNord

Pretty crazy, just checking out the prices for the game on Sunday.  The tickets seem to be selling for super cheap.  You can buy 300 level seats for $8.  $8!!!!!!  Everywhere else seems cheap as well.  Endzone for $50?

Am I missing something?

I guess there are some reasons for this:

Vaccination Mandate

Bad weather

Issues with Canadian border

Lack of interest in Week 18?

Any other thoughts why ticket prices would be so low?

Its a bit surprising considering the Bills could win the AFC East Championship with a victory.  

Could this be a sign fans are sick of the crappy winter weather?

https://www.ticketmaster.com/buffalo-bills-vs-new-york-jets-orchard-park-new-york-01-09-2022/event/00005A8799AF1DE4

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Am I missing something?

People are sick and not going? I mean, you got airlines cancelling flights because crews are sick, here in Ontario we've got hospitals running into staffing issues due to staff sickness, trains being cancelled because of staff sickness... No one in my family had caught this in the last 21 months and then boom half of us went down over the last 2 weeks.

Edited by driddles
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Pretty crazy, just checking out the prices for the game on Sunday.  The tickets seem to be selling for super cheap.  You can buy 300 level seats for $8.  $8!!!!!!  Everywhere else seems cheap as well.  Endzone for $50?

Am I missing something?

I guess there are some reasons for this:

Vaccination Mandate

Bad weather

Issues with Canadian border

Lack of interest in Week 18?

Any other thoughts why ticket prices would be so low?

Its a bit surprising considering the Bills could win the AFC East Championship with a victory.  

Could this be a sign fans are sick of the crappy winter weather?

https://www.ticketmaster.com/buffalo-bills-vs-new-york-jets-orchard-park-new-york-01-09-2022/event/00005A8799AF1DE4

Maybe Jimmy Spags can finally fulfill his lifelong dream of attending a game at that price instead of peering through the restaurant window at the TV from his dumpster... :wub:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

"I love outdoor football! In the elements, the way it was meant to be played!"

"I've got two Jets game tickets you can have for free."

"Naw, man. It's gonna be freezing!"

(I literally can't give them away.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It is silly that the Bills have had 4 home games scheduled after December 1 with two after Christmas.  With at least 1 home playoff looming and no threat of any blackouts, staying home and watching on a high definition, big screen TV seems like a great idea to me.

Thats why I think the idea of the retractable roof should have been entertained.  Conditions in the winter games are miserable 

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Thats why I think the idea of the retractable roof should have been entertained.  Conditions in the winter games are miserable 

It's been like this for as long as I can remember, even the Super Bowl 90's. You couldn't get rid of December tickets, especially for an NFC team. That's why I'm stunned the Pegulas are insisting on an open-air stadium.

• Thank you (+1) 1

You aren't missing anything.  The weather die hards are a minority.  Nobody really wants to sit out in that crap to watch a Jets game.  Even back in the Kelly days the stadium wouldn't sell out.  Not even for the playoffs. The only time they were on TV is because someone like Salvatore would buy up the remaining tickets. Because no one really wants to sit out in that crap.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's been like this for as long as I can remember, even the Super Bowl 90's. You couldn't get rid of December tickets, especially for an NFC team. That's why I'm stunned the Pegulas are insisting on an open-air stadium.

Probably because they figure the place will be mostly sold out anyway via season tickets, so the no show seats aren’t that big a deal to them.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.