Leslie Frazier & the Bears

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m not sure that I agree that rumors mean NFL teams are actually interested. Agents routinely put out false rumors to try to get their talents name out there.

Fair enough about agents and rumors. Is he necessarily the guy I would want the Bills to after? Maybe not but I would suggest he’s got as much or more experience as MM of Raiders or Lynch. 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We do play them next year and he knows everything there is to know about our team, which would suck. I still think they are rebuilding on offense and we should win but The bears have a good defense now as it is and will be getting Mack back as well. 

We’d be 2 3rds better without him. 😁

He did play on the '85 Bears... Actually getting hurt in Super Bowl brought on the demise of his playing career!

Ranked #17 on "The SuperBowl Shuffle"

https://midwayminute.win/ranking-every-bear-in-the-super-bowl-shuffle/

"Frazier is only one of three future NFL head coaches to record a gold record. The others are Mike Singletary (for the Shuffle) and Rich Kotite, who joined a popular thrash-metal band after coaching the Jets.*

*May not actually be true"

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Do you actually know any Bears fans from Chicago? I do.

I know some, but I don't know them all.....

If many of them remember Frazier, the younger ones may remember him as the guy who went 2-5 against the Bears in 3+ seasons as HC for the Vikes.

Edited by Mr. WEO

10 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Frazier was quoted in the Buffalo News today saying he hasn't received a phone call from any team about a HC position.  I believe he's very happy in his role here and doesn't need the hassle of trying to be an 'exciting' HC.  

Well, the Chicago job technically isn't open, so it would be bad form to contact Frazier about it.

BUT theoretically would Dungy, Riddick and Frazier be POSSIBLY interested in teaming up somewhere possibly maybe is a different case from "being contacted about a HC job." 

On 1/5/2022 at 12:31 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

He did play on the '85 Bears... Actually getting hurt in Super Bowl brought on the demise of his playing career!

Ranked #17 on "The SuperBowl Shuffle"

https://midwayminute.win/ranking-every-bear-in-the-super-bowl-shuffle/

"Frazier is only one of three future NFL head coaches to record a gold record. The others are Mike Singletary (for the Shuffle) and Rich Kotite, who joined a popular thrash-metal band after coaching the Jets.*

*May not actually be true"

LOL, "may not actually be true" love that!

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Heitz said:

His family has a local connection to Western New York. His father, Junior Poles, is from Caledonia New York which is between LeRoy and Rochester. He graduated from Canandaigua academy.  Great family!

Edited by Luvbills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luvbills said:

His family has a local connection to us to New York. His father, Junior Poles, is from Caledonia New York which is between LeRoy in Rochester. He graduated from Canandaigua academy.  Great family!

Perfect, he'll feel comfortable calling the Bills to check Leslie's references! 🤣

@TomPelissero

The #Giants plan to interview #Bills DC Leslie Frazier a second time for their head coaching job Friday, per source. So with Joe Schoen in place as GM, his former Buffalo colleagues Brian Daboll and Frazier are both getting a long look in New York.

:beer:

On 1/4/2022 at 8:35 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Just talked to a guy i know who is pretty looped in with Chicago sports and has a few connections) and he believes from recent reports/discussions that dungy is going to be hired as Director of Football Ops, Louis Riddick as GM, and Leslie Frazier as HC. He isn’t 100% convinced they get rid of Ryan pace but that he may get put in a different role. I could see this happening and frazier could hire an OC (Jim Caldwell, who he worked with in Indy?) to take care of that side. I like the fit for him and I think the bears fan base would love it. 

How long has Riddick been out of the player personnel business?

Dungy has been a broadcaster for what?  12 years?

It's a very different grind.

I think it would be great for Frazier to get an opportunity like that. 😇

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.