WFT to have new name and logo on Feb. 2nd

Beast

The Washington team that sucks at football ... or simply the WTF

The Washington Monuments

The Washington Insurrection

The Washington Weasels

The Washington Wankers

The Washington Doves ... I'll bet that name would offend people too.

I admit that I still call them the Skins or the WTF's and probably always will no matter what they rebrand themselves as.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

I know it's not in contention, but I always thought the Washington Warriors would be a good name. Plus, it wouldn't drastically change the notion of the previous mascot, for those who wanted to hang on to it. 

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I thought this would be a good chance to get rid of the "Washington" part and go with something like the D.C. Destroyers or D.C. Dawgs.

A pretty good thought!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ßookie_tech said:

I know it's not in contention, but I always thought the Washington Warriors would be a good name. Plus, it wouldn't drastically change the notion of the previous mascot, for those who wanted to hang on to it. 

A pretty good thought!

I'm thinking they got with Washington RedHogs. Keeps the HTTR theme they have intact. Pays homage to the "Hogs". Little pig merchandising. Fans just say "The Hogs". Seems to fit well.

• Agree 1

If I was Daniel Snyder, it'd be the Washington L'Enfants and my mascot would be a guy dressed like an 18th Century aristocratic Frenchman who hurls spicy insults with a French accent like Sacha Baron Cohen did in Talladega Nights.  He'd essentially have a WWE entrance to every home game.  

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Would the “reds” have been acceptable? Like Cincinnati? I feel like that would have kind of sounded enough like the old name to where the transition would be easy.

Errrr…. That might bring up a little too much McCarthy era flashbacks.

12 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If I was Daniel Snyder, it'd be the Washington L'Enfants and my mascot would be a guy dressed like an 18th Century aristocratic Frenchman who hurls spicy insults with a French accent like Sacha Baron Cohen did in Talladega Nights.  He'd essentially have a WWE entrance to every home game.  

image.png.3acb86209635d74df9cc235be8336ce5.png

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Possible leak shared on a uni page, fwiw:

A comment below said, “Knowing football fans, I expect them to be called the Rear Admirals within a few minutes of the debut” if this is in fact what they go with.

012E6351-81CF-4A0E-9747-9283EB0DF064.jpeg

Interesting.

I kind of like the Admirals. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.