*[EDIT]* Multiple reports Browns actively shopping Mayfield pg. 29/30 - Ravens / Browns in QB contract pickle

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s right. She works for the Cleveland plain dealer. She’s a real reporter. She doesn’t write her own headlines. She’s not negative. She’s not “drumming up drama”. She reports what she hears. Browns fans don’t like it because they don’t want drama around the team  but “baker the content maker” is the one driving the clicks not her. And of you listen to any objective person they will say the same thing including the radio media who have been saying any criticism of her is a joke in this regard. Only the fans in denial rag on her. 

The thing is, Baker didn't say anything about this situation until Cabot posted an article that is pure speculation.  That's her issue.  She implies stuff nonstop and then write articles about that as if it is legit.

I am sure Mayfield and Stefankski have some issues as the season didn't go as planned.  I think any fan would admit it.  But Cabot has been writing crap stories like this for years, not just since Mayfield has been there.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Always believe the guy that gave up a 3rd for tuhrod Taylor. 🤣

Right, but just any random article you found is more credible?  Dorsey also drafted Mahomes, so I guess he's total garbage huh?  Ward?  Chubb?  He was a pretty decent GM, though he missed a lot in the middle rounds,  just too full of himself and chose to due on the Freddie Kitchens hill in Cleveland.  Is Beane bad for trading Teller to.........Dorsey? 

I'm not saying it's not possible that Mayfield had input, but just as much (or more) points the other direction.

27 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The thing is, Baker didn't say anything about this situation until Cabot posted an article that is pure speculation.  That's her issue.  She implies stuff nonstop and then write articles about that as if it is legit.

I am sure Mayfield and Stefankski have some issues as the season didn't go as planned.  I think any fan would admit it.  But Cabot has been writing crap stories like this for years, not just since Mayfield has been there.

Blaming the media again - clown show up there as usual.  She says he’s unhappy and there is friction. He will want to be traded unless things change (play calling to avp etc). It doesn’t criticize him. It’s not surprising. He does seem miserable. Why wouldn’t he be?

do you think she made this up for clickbait or she has a source that told her this? Whether the source is right or wrong (I’ll be honest, she’s usually way too kind to the browns)

The Cleveland beat reporters are softer than almost any other nfl market. Most of the town kisses his ass on the regular. He’s the most sensitive nfl player of all time. 

he hated hue. Then he wanted Freddy. Then he hated Freddy. Then he liked stefanski for a minute. Now he can’t work with him either. It’s always someone else’s fault. 

what’s his value right now? A 4th? 5th? 

18 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Right, but just any random article you found is more credible?  Dorsey also drafted Mahomes, so I guess he's total garbage huh?  Ward?  Chubb?  He was a pretty decent GM, though he missed a lot in the middle rounds,  just too full of himself and chose to due on the Freddie Kitchens hill in Cleveland.  Is Beane bad for trading Teller to.........Dorsey? 

I'm not saying it's not possible that Mayfield had input, but just as much (or more) points the other direction.

Yes Beane is terrible. His team is in the playoffs, no one cares about teller (well, I don’t). The browns are in flames. Poor Wyatt. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Blaming the media again - clown show up there as usual.  She says he’s unhappy and there is friction. He will want to be traded unless things change (play calling to avp etc). It doesn’t criticize him. It’s not surprising. He does seem miserable. Why wouldn’t he be?

do you think she made this up for clickbait or she has a source that told her this? Whether the source is right or wrong (I’ll be honest, she’s usually way too kind to the browns)

The Cleveland beat reporters are softer than almost any other nfl market. Most of the town kisses his ass on the regular. He’s the most sensitive nfl player of all time. 

he hated hue. Then he wanted Freddy. Then he hated Freddy. Then he liked stefanski for a minute. Now he can’t work with him either. It’s always someone else’s fault. 

what’s his value right now? A 4th? 5th? 

Yes Beane is terrible. His team is in the playoffs, no one cares about teller (well, I don’t)

Again, the majority of the top of your quote is pure speculation.  The only one that was confirmed to be an issue was Mayfield and Jackson.  The others are speculation and that's it.  I never once saw anything where he "hated" Kitchens or Stefanksi. 

And your whole first statement is what Cabot wrote, and again, it's speculation.  Unless she talked to Stefanski or Mayfield, it's speculation.  They had barely finished the game and there is an article about him wanting to be traded.  Cabot writes articles for clicks, and subscriptions now as well.  Some are overly complimentary.  Most are speculation and inferences based on nothings.  You don't just run a story based on a source unless you can verify the information.  And it's not just her, it's media as a whole.  The entire sports media just throws up "sources" on every report with no basis whatsoever.  A lot, like Schefter, have proven over the years to obviously verify things because it is extremely rare they are wrong.    

Also, I was never saying Beane is terrible, just making the comparison because every GM out there makes a bad trade or drafts a bad player.  It happens.   

Edited by cle23

They really have no choice. He’s not worth much in a trade at the moment and none of the clear upgrades who may be on the move (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson) would likely choose to go there.  But any competent GM knows that you can’t  have  that kind play and behavior at QB all year long and not try to improve that position. Just silly thinking. This is a staged report to try to douse the flames for now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 1/6/2022 at 2:46 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eb2af72bbc7377e20bb5c970b56c2fbe.jpeg
Technically not a puppet, but you could  glue a popsicle stick to its butt, and use it as one.

I wonder if you can get little outfits for that one.  'GQ Baker', 'Grunge Baker'...you never know which one is going to show up at the post game presser.

On 1/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, JGMcD2 said:

Wait a minute…

Josh Allen needs to elevate his team to another level and at a minimum take them to another AFCCG in order to prove himself. 

Meanwhile Justin Herbert has never won his division, Joe Burrow just did for the first time and neither have a playoff game under their belt yet. How in God’s name are they more of a proven quantity than him? Burrow (.462) and Herbert (.484) are both sub .500 in their first two seasons. Josh was winning games at a .555 clip his first two years. 

Inconsistent 4 years into his career? The man has statistically been a top 3 QB the past two seasons and has progressed year to year. His numbers are down SLIGHTLY from last year, but nothing that’s overwhelmingly concerning considering he’s still 80% of a top 3 scoring offense in football. His “inconsistency” today is extremely different than his inconsistency as a rookie. Don’t try and lump the two in together, it’s disingenuous. His down games today still result in multi-score wins and his best games have him shredding the NFL’s top defenses.

Do you ever read back through what you’ve said and realize nothing adds up? 

Please know that @FilthyBeast is nothing more than the Nick Wright or similar espn "personality" that makes statements for attention, and doubles down even when their argument is faulty.  All of your points are factual, but he simply does not care about the facts. Don't waste your time, you have better things to do I am certain than to match wits with a troll.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, Roy Hobbs said:

If all 50 MVP voters looked at solely who was the MVP for their own team, Josh would win hands down given the Bills struggle with the OL and running game.

The award isn't for MVP of your team. It's for MVP of the league.

I don't know why everyone brings this up all the time.

• Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 2:07 PM, FilthyBeast said:

It's also probably debatable where Allen falls in the current bucket of guys like Murray/Prescott/Carr/Jackson/Tannenhill/etc who have all had similar productive seasons as Allen from 20/21.

Alright @FilthyBeasttalk to me about how debatable it is as to where Josh falls in this current bucket of guys 😂😂😂

Murray, Prescott and Carr bounced from the playoffs with all of them puking over themselves. Jackson and then Ravens didn’t even make it. Those 4 combined are 2-9 in the playoffs. Throw in Tannehill and they’re a whopping 4-11!!!😂😂😂

Also, let me know when the chosen one Justin Herbert makes the playoffs! Don’t forget that you said, that Josh has to win a Super Bowl to be considered good… but Hebert doesn’t even have to make the playoffs for you to anoint him as elite. 😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Alright @FilthyBeasttalk to me about how debatable it is as to where Josh falls in this current bucket of guys 😂😂😂

Murray, Prescott and Carr bounced from the playoffs with all of them puking over themselves. Jackson and then Ravens didn’t even make it. Those 4 combined are 2-9 in the playoffs. Throw in Tannehill and they’re a whopping 4-11!!!😂😂😂

Also, let me know when the chosen one Justin Herbert makes the playoffs! Don’t forget that you said, that Josh has to win a Super Bowl to be considered good… but Hebert doesn’t even have to make the playoffs for you to anoint him as elite. 😂😂😂

Feeding the troll is good for no one.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.