How many Vietnam Veterans (served in-country) are on this Board and were following the Bills?

RunJoshRun

5 hours ago, Kornfed said:

You just can't thank those who served deeply enough. I got a draft card but by the time I graduated in 73, they ended the draft. Thank god.

Same here! I joined the Air Force in Feb 1975...voluntarily.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

I didn't get much Bills news while on patrol operations, in the Mekong Delta, working with the Army's 9th infantry "The Famous River Rats"But when transferred to Da nang as a naval advisor, I pretty much stayed on top of all the games.

1969-1970

Thanks for your service.  Terrible time to get any news on the Bills....those were really bad teams in 69 and 70.....

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Man, when we were underway before all the satellite tech, we would devour the AFARTS news message whenever the radiomen would print it out. I watched the first cowboy Superbowl in GTMO, the second in a small bar somewhere in the Caribbean, don't even remember where, I think Jamaica. Good skippers, mad sure we were inport for this games. Smart smugglers probably knew that, lol.

I worked a lot with the Coast Guard when I was stationed in Cape Cod my assignment was actually on Otis air National Guard base

10 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

I was there in '69 and '70 and have been a Bills fan and follower since '60.👍

I was there from Sept. 69 to Sept 1970.  In the Army - 1st Aviation Brigade helicopters.  Met a lot of Bills fans from Syracuse, Rochester, Jamestown and of course Buffalo.

10 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

Thank you for your service.  Curious what you think of the Gronk USAA commercials.  Think I would find them annoying if I were a veteran.  

It's not so much annoying - but - silly.  I think current Vets would be more critical.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for your service RJR.

I'm a bit too young for Vietnam but did serve in Saudi & Iraq during the first Gulf War.   Deep in the desert, I wasn't able to watch our first Super Bowl but was otherwise glad to take part in that noble mission with a bunch of fine fellow soldiers, male and female.  

Thank You back.  Anyone that served in the military and especially in a war knows what it's all about.

10 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Original Bills fan since 1960 here, served with the B-52's in Thailand from 1969-1970. 

I am a second generation USAA member and I find the Gronk commercials annoying. 

Would be better if Villanueva [West Point grad] was the person.

Agree about Gronk.  I got to spend 10 days in Bangkok & fell in love with the people!

10 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

I didn't get much Bills news while on patrol operations, in the Mekong Delta, working with the Army's 9th infantry "The Famous River Rats"But when transferred to Da nang as a naval advisor, I pretty much stayed on top of all the games.

1969-1970

Same years as me.  Yes - the "River Rats" were a hell of a unit.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Thailand is a lot of fun for a young soldier you can get in a lot of trouble there too

Agreed - I know what you are talking about.  But, it was fun as a "kid".

10 hours ago, LV Bills fan said:

Thanks for your service. I was in for 24 years, served in Desert Storm and the debacles that followed. I was stationed in Okinawa during the comeback game in 93. I had to get up at 0200 to watch and almost went back to bed at halftime but something told me to stay up. 

WOW!  I was ready to quit listening to that game on the radio in Buffalo (game was blacked out) but I stuck with it.  What a great memory! 

14 hours ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

1973 to 1994. Never was in country but on patrol on a tin can plane guarding the carrier. I'm with you one the Stars and Stripes.

Go Bills. Please one one for all of us  

Yes - Yes - - just ONE for us old guys - and quick!

37 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

It's not so much annoying - but - silly.  I think current Vets would be more critical.

Definitely silly. I don't find them annoying outside of the fact that it's Gronk and I dislike him. What do you mean by "current vets?"

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Definitely silly. I don't find them annoying outside of the fact that it's Gronk and I dislike him. What do you mean by "current vets?"

Was wondering the same.  Isn't any living vet a current vet?