Raiders CB Nate Hobbs arrested for DUI

BuffaloBills1998

50 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

That does not matter, you can still be charged with a DUI under these circumstances. 

I have a friend who was found sleeping in his car, drunk as a skunk, and because the the keys were on the floor of the car and not in the ignition he didn’t get a DUI. That may vary from state to state, I have no idea. 

There is a lot of blame on the city, and I get that. But LA, Miami, NYC, etc. are no Salt Lake City. More than the location, I look to the culture. If it’s Beane and McD running that team, I doubt they are the same dumpster fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sitting in a car with the keys in the ignition  , even if the car is not running, is intent to drive and makes one subject to DUI laws.  Not sure how the law works with keyless ignitions. Hop in the passenger side or back seat if you're going to sleep one off. 

The NFL should force every player to have an Uber/LYFT  app and know how to use it.

Edited by powerbroker

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I doubt the raiders get passed the chargers. Carr looked like crap against the colts and technically they should’ve lost after he threw the 2nd INT. They’re going to be in trouble against LA

Again, sounds like their coach did a great job and they got a W when it should have been an L.

Wouldn't shock me to see a close Raider win. Chargers on the road in a divisional battle are no lock. 

53 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Pretty sure they have Lyft in Vegas. 

But is it an official sponsor of NFL?  I am sure all he had to do was call his agent and he would have arranged a discrete ride.

19 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You would think that the League or Team would set up a ride service so these idiots wouldn't do this and bring this bad PR.

Billions of $$ but penny pinching minds. :(

They have. Players do not always use them.  And one who should be paying for it is NFLPA.  They are NFL's partner and NFL teams need to pay for own drunk employees.

50 minutes ago, powerbroker said:

Sitting in a car with the keys in the ignition is intent , even if the car is not running, is intent to drive an makes one subject to DUI laws.  Not sure how the law works with keyless ignitions. Hop in the passenger side or back seat if you're going to sleep one off. 

The NFL should force every player to have an Uber/LYFT  app and know how to use it.

LOL. Cannot force then to even get a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You would think that the League or Team would set up a ride service so these idiots wouldn't do this and bring this bad PR.

Teams have tried that in the past. Vegas is flooded with Taxis / Uber / Lyft / limos 24/7. it doesn't work. They pay $250K for an exotic sports car so they can be seen getting out of it in front of the club.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yea I know people who realized they had too much to drink and slept it off in their car but if it was parked on street it will be looked at differently.

It doesn't sound like a smart thing to do... Call an Uber and get your car in the morning... or call the team security to pick you up... 

But not condemning the player for driving drunk if he didn't actually drive... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Billions of $$ but penny pinching minds. :(

What makes you believe players who won't even consider Uber or not driving would call the NFL Lift Line?

This doesn't make sense.  They aren't driving drunk for lack of better options...

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The article does say the police were called because of a person sleeping in a parked car. And that the charge is a misdemeanor. 

So he may not have been driving at all.

Wait, you actually read the article before for passing judgement and are willing to let the facts come out?! 
All seriousness, I wish more people would take this approach, it would make so many things better in our world. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.