Confused by a stat graphic Fox kept showing

The Poojer

I also felt that the continued showing of JA17's passing statistics was out of place as the Bills were running every down.  I would have liked to have seen Devn's line put up after his runs. 

That failure was obtuse graphics in my mind. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

It's hurting my brain.  They showed buffalo 4/5 on 3rd down conversions AFTER we'd gone for it on 4th down 2 separate times.  This would mean we didn't make a first on 2 3rd downs.  Someone make my brain stop hurting.

Your brain may hurt but I'm sure your ears feel a lot better once Sanchez and Kugler got off the air. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

It's hurting my brain.  They showed buffalo 4/5 on 3rd down conversions AFTER we'd gone for it on 4th down 2 separate times.  This would mean we didn't make a first on 2 3rd downs.  Someone make my brain stop hurting.

I suspect it's from the below sequence at about 3:32 in the 1st Q. We had a 4th and 3, which resulted in an incompletion. But there was a penalty against Atlanta. That counted as a no play, not a successful 4th down conversion, though it meant we were then in a 1st and goal at the 1.

(7:10, 1st) 3rd and 10 @ ATL 30, 15 yard completion

(5:17, 1st) 3rd and 4@ ATL 9, 5 yard completion

(3:32, 1st) 3rd and 3 @ ATL 3, incomplete

(3:29, 1st) 4th and 3@ ATL 3 (penalty, no play, conversion), resulting in 1st and goal at the 1 yard line.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I suspect it's from the below sequence at about 3:32 in the 1st Q. We had a 4th and 3, which resulted in an incompletion. But there was a penalty against Atlanta. That counted as a no play, not a successful 4th down conversion, though it meant we were then in a 1st and goal at the 1.

(7:10, 1st) 3rd and 10 @ ATL 30, 15 yard completion

(5:17, 1st) 3rd and 4@ ATL 9, 5 yard completion

(3:32, 1st) 3rd and 3 @ ATL 3, incomplete

(3:29, 1st) 4th and 3@ ATL 3 (penalty, no play, conversion), resulting in 1st and goal at the 1 yard line.

So that accounts for 3/4. We definitely had another 4th down attempt, which means an additional failed 3rd down conversion

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I also felt that the continued showing of JA17's passing statistics was out of place as the Bills were running every down.  I would have liked to have seen Devn's line put up after his runs. 

That failure was obtuse graphics in my mind. 

It was pretty clear that Fox's chiron software had a nearly complete failure on the Bills broadcast.  We were lucky they got the score right.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Your brain may hurt but I'm sure your ears feel a lot better once Sanchez and Kugler got off the air. 

I don't like it when people get promoted because, well, people like them.  Mark Sanchez simply was not good enough to play football in the NFL, but somehow the NFL let him play anyway.   He isn't any better at announcing than he was at playing, and still Fox puts him on the air.   All he has going for him is good looks and a nice smile.  He's boring as hell and often wrong.  

The worse example is Michael Irvin, a career-long jerk whom the NFL network continues to glorify.  

At least the NFL seems finally to have gotten away from Ray Lewis.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.