#5 Stephenson

foreboding

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes and no. 6th year since college. According to the stats I saw he was not on a roster or maybe he was injured or on PS with Denver for only 1 game in 2018. 

It’s simple math Ethan. His first year was 2017 + 2018 + 2019 + 2020 + 2021.  That’s not 6 years. Nothing you can say or do about will change that

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Stevenson as a returner has looked tight, nervous and like the game hasn't slowed down for him--not that unusual for a rookie. He could improve a lot with some confidence. 

He might look a little better on punt returns if someone would introduce the concept of a fair catch to him. I honestly can't think of a time he's actually called for one. There's no way he should have tried to return the one he fumbled.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, transient said:

He might look a little better on punt returns if someone would introduce the concept of a fair catch to him. I honestly can't think of a time he's actually called for one. There's no way he should have tried to return the one he fumbled.

That is why they like him imo.  Field everything.  Pick up those extra lost yards.  Overall, get a young guy who missed alot of the year early on some game experience.  I dont hate it.  Also, havent seen as many return flags. Idk maybe he is following the returns better in that area.  If you score a Td buT going to the wrong side and get flagged for holding whos at fault?.

Edited by Mat68

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

McKenzie was doing better than Roberts all season.  I was a big Andre Roberts fan, but I think McKenzie did a fantastic job taking over.  When he got benched, McKenzie was the 3rd best return guy in the entire league.

Andre Roberts: 27.5 yards per kickoff return, 1 TD (#2 overall in NFL)

Isaiah Mckenzie: 24.3 yards per kickoff return, 0 TD

49 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Andre Roberts: 27.5 yards per kickoff return, 1 TD (#2 overall in NFL)

Isaiah Mckenzie: 24.3 yards per kickoff return, 0 TD

Imagine what McKenzie's average would be if Andre Smith didn't get a penalty on almost every return in the first 2/3 of the season. It would have been comical if it were for any other team.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Fumble is definitely concerning 

Maybe Hyde should be back there

But it's funny cuz if you just used statistics Stevenson is averaging more yards per punt return than Mckenzie

Hyde was back there for one return when they kicked from midfield, ball went into end zone

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You have to wonder having gone to the University of Houston, how much cold weather experience does he have back there? Anyone know? 

Temple Navy and Cinci only possible AAC Conference games in cold weather

7 hours ago, foreboding said:

I really hope they put someone else back there. Besides the brutal fumble, the guy runs headlong into his blockers almost every return. Maybe time to reinstall lil' Dirty?

Falcons defender made a really nice tackle with his helmet right on the ball…the McKenzie muff was far worse so I could see why Stevenson got the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One freak fumble?

McKenzie became available to the Bills on the waiver wire because he fumbled an astonishing 6 times on 24 return opportunities with Denver.

One of the all-time worst seasons by a returner ever.

He's also put the ball on the ground 3 times this year. 1 fumble, 2 muffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.