Missing Out on Top Seed Was a Blessing in Disguise

Gugny

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If Josh has proven one thing, it is that he is horrible in bad weather.

Playing in Orchard Park is the LAST thing we should want.

The TEN and JAX losses have enhanced our chances at post-season success.

This is ridiculous of course. Allen has played good AND bad in all weather situations. The Bills are NOT going to have a Dome... period. (If they get a new stadium at all, and end up leaving, which is much more likely than getting a Dome). Allen played in Wyoming, and will need to play well in bad weather as the NFL further extends it's schedule into January. If he can't play when it's 29F with flurries, then he's in the wrong sport. I watched Aaron Rogers and the Packers play perfectly when the wind chill temperature was -12F last night. The Pack will be glad to have home field advantage throughout the NFC playoff's where like the Bills they should be at a huge advantage with the cold weather. Maybe they'll bring back the arena league for you.             

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

What about the weather, game will be at home.    Last game against them at home with weather was a loss.  

We beat ourselves in that game.  It won't happen again.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ross Murdock said:

This is ridiculous of course. Allen has played good AND bad in all weather situations. The Bills are NOT going to have a Dome... period. (If they get a new stadium at all, and end up leaving, which is much more likely than getting a Dome). Allen played in Wyoming, and will need to play well in bad weather as the NFL further extends it's schedule into January. If he can't play when it's 29F with flurries, then he's in the wrong sport. I watched Aaron Rogers and the Packers play perfectly when the wind chill temperature was -12F last night. The Pack will be glad to have home field advantage throughout the NFC playoff's where like the Bills they should be at a huge advantage with the cold weather. Maybe they'll bring back the arena league for you.             

Where did you see "dome," in my post and when did this become a future stadium thread?

This whole "Bills have the advantage in cold weather," is an old wives' tale.  It's a myth.

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

NOOCH!  Normally, I'm with you.  But for this one, I think the proof is in the pudding.  It's a trend.  I still think the Bills are the cream of the crop in the AFC and I think Josh Allen is the best QB in the AFC.  But the bad weather simply does not bode well.

I totally agree that a couple of the INTs were not necessarily on Josh yesterday.  I also think that early drops were a factor.

I'd just prefer nicer weather once the tournament starts.

Allen needs MORE bad weather games. He is going to have to learn to deal with them. He isn't going to just be lucky and never play another bad weather game in January. He needs to get to the point that it is a strength rather than a weakness.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It is not just Josh, it was anyone receiving a thrown ball.  The ball is hard, slippery, and not as easy to catch in cold weather.  

During last nights game they showed a graphic that for the entire league the home-away record was basically 50-50 for the past 2 years. I thought that was interesting as obviously not supporting a home field advantage. However, can’t say playoffs would be the same. Plus, getting the one seed means one less game and that means playing at home all the way. On a separate note, I have to say that this team does not seem to embrace the cold like the old teams from the Super Bowl era. 

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And I'm sure the trolling accusations are coming.  I'm not trolling.  I'm being 100% serious.  The way Josh Allen plays in inclement weather will NOT win very many playoff games.

So look at these games in bad weather and tell us how the opposing QB did?  

If the weather is so bad that it limits the passing game then the Bills need to run, stop the run, and win the ST part of the game. Just like any other championship caliber team would have to do.  It is up to Beane and McD to build that team, not Josh.  

Josh had his worst passing game (statistically) yesterday, yet he was the primary reason they won.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PS 56 said:

It is not just Josh, it was anyone receiving a thrown ball.  The ball is hard, slippery, and not as easy to catch in cold weather.  

The Packers Offense is on Line 1.

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So weather does not matter against the patriots only?

I think the Patriots are the only team in the playoffs that the Bills should beat anywhere/anytime.

As I stated upstream - I still think the Bills are the cream of the AFC crop.  I'd just feel better if we played the games in the best weather possible.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Packers Offense is on Line 1.

I think the Patriots are the only team in the playoffs that the Bills should beat anywhere/anytime.

As I stated upstream - I still think the Bills are the cream of the AFC crop.  I'd just feel better if we played the games in the best weather possible.

I understand the weather concern but would you rather play KC at home or on the road, Cinci at home or on the road, Tenn at home or on the road.  Given the choice, would you really choose on the road?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm kinda mixed on this one. Although I can see your point about Josh not playing as well in inclement weather it's the D that concerns me. 

They've proven all season stopping the run is problematic. In bad weather it only gets worse as it favors the more proficient running team (Indy,NE). Is it a coincidence Devon and Josh ran all over Atl yesterday in the snow?

So to me weather is a factor, but not because of Josh's play. It's our D's inability to consistently stop the run which puts more emphasis on Josh to perform.

Edited by billsbackto81

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

I understand the weather concern but would you rather play KC at home or on the road, Cinci at home or on the road, Tenn at home or on the road.  Given the choice, would you really choose on the road?

I would prefer to play home if I knew the weather was going to be decent.  Of all of those places, I think Orchard Park is the least likely to have decent weather.

It could all end up being moot.  I realize that Buffalo's weather isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be (with regard to playing football).

All I'm saying is that Josh Allen is better when the weather is decent.  Clearly, this is very upsetting to many, many people (not you).

44 minutes ago, PS 56 said:

Did you watch the Packers last night? Allen needs to not zip every ball

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

11/26 is not bad?

It is, but how many of those were his fault? He had some overthrows and made bad throws but how many drops were there? One of them was a throw to Diggs in the end zone that went right through Diggs's hands

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.