Missing Out on Top Seed Was a Blessing in Disguise

Gugny

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And I'm sure the trolling accusations are coming.  I'm not trolling.  I'm being 100% serious.  The way Josh Allen plays in inclement weather will NOT win very many playoff games.

Possibly not, however the late season emergence of the run game and Daboll's willingness to pivot to it will. 

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If Josh has proven one thing, it is that he is horrible in bad weather.

Playing in Orchard Park is the LAST thing we should want.

The TEN and JAX losses have enhanced our chances at post-season success.

Youll get dredged for this, but I agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What part of 2 of his 3 picks we deflected in the air are people not getting? You eliminate those 2 picks and he wasn't really that bad

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's not what I said.

If we get NE in the first round, beating them should be relatively easy regardless of location.

As we get deeper into the tournament, I'd rather see Josh play in better weather.  It's really that simple.

Have you been to Kansas City in January? Its colder than Buffalo. Tennessee is no guarantee to be any better. That said home field advantage in the playoffs doesn't seem as important as it once was. Tampa won NFC in Green Bay last year. Countless examples of road teams winning.

Trust in Allen, he is our only hope

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

One INT was tipped, one was illegal contact on Beasley.....Allen will be fine...playing at home is important

Yup, but it was two INTs that were tipped.

Give me home. I don't worry about Allen in bad weather any more than good.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

From week to week, I have no idea what to expect from this team - on both sides of the ball.  Will they look focused, prepared and sharp (like last week), or will they look flat, sloppy and disinterested, like yesterday (and a few other games this season)?  I'm not so sure that it's the weather.

Other than the Colts, we've tended to look pretty sharp against the good sides and sloppy (post bye) against the average to poor sides.

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Who was the intended target on the first INT?  There didn't look to be anyone open, and the INT resulted in a 10-point swing.

We don't know who the first pick was going to but let me ask you this, how many times have we seen him rocket balls in to WRs in those situations where it's like "how the hell did he do that?" If that ball is not deflected, we don't know what happens. The 2nd one was being zipped into Diggs who was wide open over the middle but the ball got tipped and landed in the LBs hands. Those were not Allen's fault

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is nothing… Nothing… That substantiates this post

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's not what I said.

If we get NE in the first round, beating them should be relatively easy regardless of location.

As we get deeper into the tournament, I'd rather see Josh play in better weather.  It's really that simple.

Early forecast for that weekend:

Sat 15

31°/23°

Snow Showers

36%

WSW 7 mph

Sun 16

27°/18°

Few Snow Showers

33%

W 9 mph

At home, I worry about the Bills overlooking opponents, getting too cute, wanting to put on a show, Allen being too amped up, etc. I haven't even mentioned the weather. On the road, I have none of these concerns, and you have the benefits of added focus and an underdog mentality. I feel much more comfortable with the Bills on the road.

The proof is in the pudding. The pudding in this case are the stats AND the eye test showing Allen and the Bills are better on the road.

For that first round game, I'd honestly prefer to play Indy in Indy, NE in NE, or Vegas in Vegas. It's not going to happen though.

The Bills need to start approaching home games as if they are facing the adversity, because they are. Adversity in this case is the false comfort of a homefield advantage and the pressure of expectations.

Fans are so indoctrinated into having the goal of home field that they can't see the forest for the trees. Once home field is secured, I believe the team and its fans take false comfort, like I said, which leads to focus issues. I continue to believe that this particular team's best path to the Super Bowl is on the road.

If the Bills get eliminated at home and continue to not look like the best version of themselves at home in the future, you have to start asking what the underlying problem is, because most great teams seem to have their best games at home.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

16 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Who was the intended target on the first INT?  There didn't look to be anyone open, and the INT resulted in a 10-point swing.

It was to Beasley, who was open, though not by much. It's on the broadcast film, as the third replay angle, from midfield on the far side. I just went and watched it on my international NFLGamePass.

But that's Allen's style. We love it when he throws dangerous ones that just get there because his arm is not really an accessory generally available to humans. And that means you have to put up with the dangerous ones that don't get there, as long as there aren't too many of them over the course of the season.

Edited by Thurman#1

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's not what I said.

What about the weather, game will be at home.    Last game against them at home with weather was a loss.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.