Missing Out on Top Seed Was a Blessing in Disguise

Gugny

If Josh has proven one thing, it is that he is horrible in bad weather.

Playing in Orchard Park is the LAST thing we should want.

The TEN and JAX losses have enhanced our chances at post-season success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Home field advantage is more than Josh slinging it around the yard. Opposing QBs & special teams units need to deal with it as well. We just need to suck less than they do.

I have a funny feeling that keeping snow on the field yesterday was a choice made by the team to see how they played in it. The hashs and sidelines were perfectly clean of snow, so they definitely had the option to clear the field. 

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

Then we should definitely rest the starters next week, lose to the Jets and open on the road at Kansas City.  Brilliant!

That's not what I said.

If we get NE in the first round, beating them should be relatively easy regardless of location.

As we get deeper into the tournament, I'd rather see Josh play in better weather.  It's really that simple.

• Agree 8

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He is 2-0 at home in the postseason and 0-2 on the road. And he didn't play well in either of the losses.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

And I'm sure the trolling accusations are coming.  I'm not trolling.  I'm being 100% serious.  The way Josh Allen plays in inclement weather will NOT win very many playoff games.

I agree to an extent.  If we have to play 3  straight playoff games in crappy weather, I wouldn’t be confidant in us making the SB with this team.  If we played 3 straight games in a dome, I’m confidant that we’d be playing in the SB

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Only in Buffalo do we not root for home playoff games....

You’ve missed the point of the thread.  The Bills, with JA,  are a pass 1st team. Additionally the D has struggled against teams built for the power run game. The Buffalo weather conditions in January may not favor these factors.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

One INT was tipped, one was illegal contact on Beasley.....Allen will be fine...playing at home is important

NOOCH!  Normally, I'm with you.  But for this one, I think the proof is in the pudding.  It's a trend.  I still think the Bills are the cream of the crop in the AFC and I think Josh Allen is the best QB in the AFC.  But the bad weather simply does not bode well.

I totally agree that a couple of the INTs were not necessarily on Josh yesterday.  I also think that early drops were a factor.

I'd just prefer nicer weather once the tournament starts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gugny said:

NOOCH!  Normally, I'm with you.  But for this one, I think the proof is in the pudding.  It's a trend.  I still think the Bills are the cream of the crop in the AFC and I think Josh Allen is the best QB in the AFC.  But the bad weather simply does not bode well.

I totally agree that a couple of the INTs were not necessarily on Josh yesterday.  I also think that early drops were a factor.

I'd just prefer nicer weather once the tournament starts.

I know...trying rationalize things a bit. I still want to play at home though

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You’ve missed the point of the thread.  The Bills, with JA,  are a pass 1st team. Additionally the D has struggled against teams built for the power run game. The Buffalo weather conditions in January may not favor these factors.

I didn't miss the point of the thread. But if you are going to ask me if I would rather the Bills have their playoff games at home or on the road, the answer, every time, is going to be at home. Not even a debate.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What about Pittsburgh? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.