Bills Jets officially flexed to 4:25p

Virgil

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Perfect....sposed to snow Saturday, and Monday. But gonna be warmer and rain on Sunday. Why do the football Gods hate us?? I'll take snow any day. And no ***** dome comments, lol

And a 16 mph wind. Nasty. Honestly, that's good for the Jets. The weather can be an equalizer, but you'd think by this point that Allen would be acclimated to it given that he's playing in it nearly every week, it seems. Honestly, though, the temp will be dropping pretty quickly, so that by 5 pm or so it might be below 32. The low for that day is 20 and the low for the next day is 12, so factor in declining temps throughout the day.

Edited by dave mcbride

9 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Before I retired I had to spend a lot of time in Silicon Valley. It was WEIRD, to sleep in a little on a Sunday and then go out to have breakfast and watch the Bills game a 10 AM.

Living on the West Coast now and it is a mixed blessing. 10 am games are odd but prime time games getting done by 830ish instead of close to midnight is pretty solid.

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Bleh, I'm not really a #1pmOrBust guy but I like picking up lunch on the way to my friend's house to watch the game.  4pm is too early for dinner, and halftime isn't long enough to head out and grab food and have time to relax and eat.  Evening game I could pick up late dinner at least, or have dinner before going down.

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you weigh?   Seems like food drives your life. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Mitch Morse's better half also doesn't like it:

The NFL has no choice now.  They need to move it back.  Think of the Moms!!

9 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Living on the West Coast now and it is a mixed blessing. 10 am games are odd but prime time games getting done by 830ish instead of close to midnight is pretty solid.

Same here.  It is also at an awkward time when dinner starts but I record the games.  When I get a chance to sit down to watch it I can fly through commercials, halftime, etc.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Bleh, I'm not really a #1pmOrBust guy but I like picking up lunch on the way to my friend's house to watch the game.  4pm is too early for dinner, and halftime isn't long enough to head out and grab food and have time to relax and eat.  Evening game I could pick up late dinner at least, or have dinner before going down.

Restaurants are doing a new thing these days: delivery. Maybe they have it in your area?

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Probably more of a case where Mom doesn't want to leave the toddler unsupervised. Which is understandable. 

True, but there's no reason they can't be in the same room. I'm guessing they're streaming Mickey's Clubhouse thru Disney+, so even a laptop would do.

4 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Restaurants are doing a new thing these days: delivery. Maybe they have it in your area?

True, but there's no reason they can't be in the same room. I'm guessing they're streaming Mickey's Clubhouse thru Disney+, so even a laptop would do.

Good point. I was in TV mode. Didn't even think about the laptop.

16 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Seems like an NFL player could afford a second TV.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Probably more of a case where Mom doesn't want to leave the toddler unsupervised. Which is understandable. 

How about paying a neighborhood kid $20 to come over and keep an eye on the little one while mom watches the game?  With mom popping in to see how things are going every commercial break? 

NFL football games are so disjointed with commercials, she would never be away from the child for more than what? 7 minutes tops?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Not when you're broke and what you can afford is the 2-can-dine pick up deals from Burger King.  I also said I don't like having to eat during the game, the short halftime is for popping outside for a puff.

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Allen would be acclimated to it given that he's playing in it nearly every week, it seems

QB doesn’t exactly acclimate to wind really.

360 degrees, variable speeds, gusts, sustaining, vertical and horizontal field, start of pass, end of pass. it’s not really an acclimation thing like cold or hot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.